THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    CANCELLATION 30% DISCOUNT: A Scottish Castle With Grouse & Partridges
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CANCELLATION 30% DISCOUNT: A Scottish Castle With Grouse & Partridges
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
An Opportunity to take part in a hunt modelled in a bygone era

Hunt: Scottish Wingshooting
Dates: 29th September 2013 - 6th October 2013
Outfitter: Athina Hunting Tours
Arrival Departure Point: Aberdeen Airport
Price: £7,500
Availability: 3 Spaces Left

Athina Hunting Tours Contact Details

Address:
Athina Hunting Tours
1st Floor, 106-108 High St
West Wickham
Kent
England
BR4 0ND

Email: Info@Athinahuntingtours.com or Adam@Athinahuntingtours.com

Telephone: 0044 (0) 208123 8263

Athina Hunting Tours invite you to join us on the 29th of September 2013 for a week-long shooting party, with top-class game shooting and deer stalking in the magnificent surrounding of Royal Deeside in North East Scotland. We have organised a great programme of shooting for the week, featuring driven grouse and driven partridge on the hill, along with opportunities for Wildfowling, and lowland stalking for Roe bucks for those that wish to add it in.

Arriving by road or air on Sunday 29th September and departing on Sunday 6th October, we will be staying on the wonderful Glenmuick estate, near the Royal burgh of Ballater on Deeside, Scotland. The chosen location offers excellent accommodation in a magnificent Victorian baronial manor house, with all of the features you’d expect to find in a house that provided a backdrop for the height of the Scottish sporting traditions during the 19th century. The billiard room in particular, with a hundred and eighty years of stag trophies adorning the walls and ceiling, is a sight to behold.

The estate and the house – built as a wealthy English family’s hunting lodge in the late 18th century - is adjacent to the Cairngorm Mountains and the River Dee, adjacent to the Queen’s Balmoral estate and the pretty village of Ballater, where nearly every shop enjoys a Royal warrant.

A professional chef will be in residence for the whole of your visit, offering freshly prepared meals featuring Scottish favourites and using local game, along with a selection of great wines. The housekeeping will be provided on a daily basis by the estates housekeeper.

Sporting opportunities: We have put together what promises to be a really good week of sport:

Sunday 29th September . We will arrive at Glenmuick house at around noon, to give us plenty of time to settle in and meet the team. Snacks will be served upon arrival followed by a full dinner in the main dining room in the evening.

Monday 30th September . We will be shooting a 50-60 brace day of driven grouse on Glen Muick’s own grouse moor.

Tuesday 1st October . We will be shooting a 200-250 bird day of driven partridge on the high ground of the Fettercairn estate, where the partridge fly like high West Country pheasants and offer challenging shooting.

Wednesday 2nd October . For those guests not interested in bagging a salmon or a stag, this is a day or rest, or an excuse to do a bit of sightseeing and visit the Lochnagar distillery on the nearby Balmoral estate. For the stalker, this is an opportunity to spend the day on the hill to bag a Red stag or to be up with the lark to have a chance at a Roe buck. Alternatively, there will be an opportunity to fish on Glen Muick’s own salmon beat – or, now that Kiri has rashly thrown down his glove, to go for ‘McNab’ and try to bag stag, salmon and grouse in a single day…

Thursday 3rd October . We will be shooting a 200-250 bird day of driven partridge on another local estate. This area of Scotland is well known for the quality of its driven shooting, so we anticipate another excellent day

Friday 4th October . This is another rest day for those who have over-indulged in shooting and puddings, or another chance to take a stag, Roe buck or salmon. Spending a week in this part of Scotland without picking up a rifle to go stalking or a fly-rod to go fishing, is a week wasted!

Saturday 5th October . We will be returning to the Fettercairn estate, this time for a 60-80 brace day of driven grouse on the eastern side of the Cairngorm mountain range. Once again, we expect the shooting be challenging and the setting to be superb.

In the evenings we’ll meet for dinner and, as your hosts, we’ll will want to toast your good fortune on the hill, moor or river with a glass or two of single malt – it’s not called ‘uisge beatha’ (the water of life) for nothing…

Sunday 5th October . We will depart in the morning from Aberdeen airport or by car.

Excluded are Tips, and Cartridges.

Rgds,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Due to cancellation, I have two spaces on this hunt which I can discount to £5k per person for the week.

Kiri

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi what are additional expenses on the hunting side example? Stag prices? As well as any other fees?

Reg

JK

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi JK,

Additional expenses are cartridges, (Supplied at cost of about £8/25 depending on the brand) and insurance if you don't have it valid already, which we supply at £30 for an annual membership.

If you want to take stags then I will have to check availability for you but I will comp the two days Stalking outing fees, and trophy fees are £450 for a management stag and trophy Stags are £2500.

For the Reds, you should hit the roar which will be great fun.

We will collect you and return you to Aberdeen airport at either end of the hunt and everything else in the middle is included.

Rgds,
K

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Oh the last thing to consider is the Firearms import permits which cost £35 per person.

we would need 2-3 weeks to get those issued, so there is still time.

Rgds,
K

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I spoke to one of the estates yesterday and apparently this year is a stellar year for wild grouse stocks. We are expecting estate records to be broken all over.

So much so that one of the partridge days has been converted to a mixed grouse and partridge day to help them take the excess birds off, so it looks like even better value.

Rgds
K

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
How much is an 'observer', ie non shooting wife?

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Non hunters are £200/day including everything the hunters get except the hunting.

Sounds obvious now that I see it written down!! Wink

Thanks for all the emails on this. I think I have replied to everyone, but let me know if I missed you.

Rgds,
K

One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Kiri,
I sent Adam Russell a message earlier, myself & a friend would
love to take the two slots (if available).
Adam has all my contact info.
Thanks, Jim

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mate,

This sounds like a SUPERB hunt in a very beautiful part of the country...something I would love to consider one day...very enticing for the wife and I for certain!

Good luck with this hunt... it looks like a COOL adventure tu2

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Roland,

It sure is a fun hunt in a beautiful setting.

The week looks like it is full now and what is even better is the increased focus on the grouse hunting. It is pure wild bird hunting conducted in the same way or decades.

I'm looking forward to meeting more AR members and doing some hunting

I just got back from the wine merchants so I hope the guys are gonna be thirsty I the evenings!!!

K

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jungleboy:
Kiri,
I sent Adam Russell a message earlier, myself & a friend would
love to take the two slots (if available).
Adam has all my contact info.
Thanks, Jim

Jim welcome aboard. I believe Adam is dealing with everything for you, but let me know if you need anything.

K

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

One space still available.

Rgds,
K