Tools

Portugal Red Stag Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Hunt: Portuguese Trophy Red Stags

Dates: 20th August- 30th September 2016

Arrival Departure Point: Lisbon Airport, (Self Drive, although a driver can be arranged)

Price: £3950

Availability: Gold medal stags are

Athina Sporting Contact Details

Address:
Athina Sporting
1st Floor, 106-108 High St
West Wickham
Kent
England
BR4 0ND

Email: Kiri@AthinaSporting.Com
Telephone: 0044 (0)20 8289 3322

This hunt is for 5 hunting days plus arrival and departure days. If flight times allow then usually the guides will take you out on the first afternoon and last morning if your transfer times allow for it.

This is a walk and stalk hunt for Iberian Red Deer in the central east region of portugal. Areas are partially fenced along the roads and in certain areas to protect crops, but the game is free ranging, with many instances of the estates bordering Spain being completely open for long distances.

You will hunt 1x1 with your experienced guide and you will see plenty of stags each day to establish the trophy you wish to take. Shots can range from 50m to 300m so we suggest you bring a rifle you are comfortable with.

In addition to the stags, wild boar can be encountered as quarry of opportunity and incur small trophy fees of £350 for trophy boars and £200 for non trophy pigs.

You can also add in Mouflon for £2700 (Gold medal quality) if you get your stag early.

If you want to specifically go after both species then we suggest adding one to two days at £250/day in addition to the Mouflon Trophy fee to be sure you have enough time.

This is a fun hunt where you will see a heap of stags each day ranging from management stags up to to 20+ pointers. It is conducted on foot with local guides and we have priced this to allow you to specifically target a big medal stag of 16-20 points.

If you shoot your stag early then you can add another stag at an additional cost.

Most people hire a car at the airport and drive themselves to the hunting area, perhaps do some sight seeing, but we can arrange a driver for you at an additional cost.

The price includes Bed and breakfast in a local hotel/guest house. It also includes three meals per day.

Your extras on site are

• Bar Bill
  • Additiopnal Trophy fees for extra animals taken
  • Tips
  • Transport to and from the airport if required
  • Addiitonal days hunting if requested

I'm sure I missed something obvious, and equally as sure that it will be pointed out soon!! Wink

Best regards,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Just a few pics to give you an idea of the ranges of stags available.

A representative Stag Non medal:

A low Bronze Medal

High Bronze low Silver medal:

This is the sort of thing we will be looking for:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:

I'm sure I missed something obvious, and equally as sure that it will be pointed out soon!! Wink

Best regards,
Kiri

Yes - is the trophy fee included in the price of the hunt? If so, up to what size? If not, what are the trophy fees, please?

- Lars/Finland

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot

Posts: 552 | Location: Finland | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hiya,

yes indeed trophy fees are included for the first stag, upto and including gold medal stags.

I will post the trophy fees for subsequent stags tomorrow when, i'm back in the office.

k

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Kiri - I dropped a €1 coin on a hill when I was there. Do be a good fellow and send it to me if you happen to find it.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
hey mate,

the coin was found and is now safe. i will give it to you when we grab a steak in Dallas...Wink. hope you can make it and glad you got home safe.

rgds,
k

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine from a few years ago

Posts: 1071 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote