THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Sable special: Roger Whittall Safaris, northern Mozambique, 2013. Trophy photos added
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sable special: Roger Whittall Safaris, northern Mozambique, 2013. Trophy photos added
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted
Roosevelt Sable hunt, Nungu and Messalo safari areas, Niassa province, northern Mozambique

Sable, 1x1, 7 days
Total daily rate - $2800
Hunting and single rifle license - $650
Vet permits and transport - $300
Vehicle transfer - $1200
Sable trophy fee - $4500
Return air charter - POR
Total - $9450

Sable, 2x1, 7 days
Total daily rate - $2100
Hunting and single rifle license - $650
Vet permits and transport - $300
Vehicle transfer - $600
Sable trophy fee - $4500
Return air charter - POR
Total - $8150

In the unlikely event of the trophy not being killed or wounded, the trophy fee will be compensated.

Trophy Fees of available species:

Baboon (yellow) - $250
Bushbuck - $1200
Bushpig - $600
Duiker(common)- $600
Eland - $2200
Grysbok - $950
Hartebeest(lichtenstein)- $2200
Kudu - $1750
Reedbuck - $1200
Sable - $4500
Suni - $1200
Warthog - $650
Wildbeest(niassa) - $2200

Rates include: Professional hunter and trackers, 4x4 hunting vehicle, accommodation, meals and local beverages, laundry, vet permits and transport to Chimoio.

Excluded in rates: Air evacuation and insurance, medical insurance, trophy shipping charges, freight charges and clearance, air charters, dip and pack.

All rates quoted in US$.

Trophy photos to follow. Please contact me direct for more information, by PM or email whittallguy@yahoo.com

Roger Whittall Safaris will be at the SCI convention, Reno, 2013. Booth numbers - 524 and 526.

Guy Whittall

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, Mozambique requires the purchase of a hunting license for each sought after animal before the harvest and trophy fee upon harvest. I assume the fees listed are a combination of the two. Is that correct?

At $1200 the ground transport sounds like a lot, it must be extensive. Can you outline what is involved?

Other than that, it sounds like a deal for sable.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Further, I thought that there was a conservation or 'Coutada' fee involved, is that included in the price?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter54:
Further, I thought that there was a conservation or 'Coutada' fee involved, is that included in the price?

I dont think Guy's area is in the Niassa Reserve/Buffer proper therefore the fees may not apply. I'm sure Guy can clarify.

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
What expectable size of trophy sable there?

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G D F:
What expectable size of trophy sable there?

Guy can respond but my educated estimate would be from 38" to 41".

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was there on a cat hunt in September and saw plenty of 40" sable and HUGE eland. The area is South of Niassa, it straddles Highway 242 east of Marrupa (you can Google Map that). Also saw huntable Bushbuck, Bushpig,
Duiker, lichenstein Hartebeest and warthogs. We used baboon and sable for bait. Because I was bowhunting, I did not spent much time looking at/for plains game. There were probably lots more available.

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted Hide Post
Our concession is a community based area so we are not obligated to a conservation/coutada levy.

Our sable are the Rooseveld Sable and this has been confirmed through DNA testing.

We have decided to include the trophy licenses into the trophy fee.

Roger Whittall Safaris has aoperating company in mozambique called Matimbo Safaris regeistered with AMOS

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guy:
Check your emails on your yahoo account. I just sent you an inquiry.
TWL

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote