New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Black Bear hunt for Two Bears
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Seven days with the Outfitter and six full days of hunting, In the spring with long day light hours, the hunter or hunters will be out for 12 to 14 hours of hunting. The hunter usually see 6 to 12+ bears per day. Color phases are all black, black with a white patch on chest, chocolate brown with a white patch on chest and a cinnamon color with white patch on chest. there is also a white Black Bear, but protected by law. Photos only. This is a spot and stalk hunt and the bears hunted are over six feet. We look for the big boars. This hunt the hunter can take two bears so he can take one of different color phase. Success rate on a large Black Bear is 99% and usually on two big bears.
The package price is $3400.00 for two bears and that includes the hunting license and two Bear tags, cabin accommodations (with electricity and hot showers, home style meals, 4X4 vehicle transportation, skinning and care for the skin and skull. Government taxes. In other words if you agree upon the quoted price, that is all you have to pay the outfitter. The Guide or Guides would like a tip for their hard work in making this hunt a success. Last spring I had a hunter from Texas who took two bears in ten minutes of each other and the hunter wrote an article in the Austin Sarfari Club news letter. If interested, I will forward the link to his article. Contact Nanika Guiding, 49336 Parrott Lake Trail, Burns Lake, British Columbia, V0J-1E0, Phone: 1-250-695-6351, Email: nanika#xplornet.com or check out my website www.nanika.ca. The business has been in the family since 1949. We know our area.

Posts: 36 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 01 May 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Where do you fly into? Do you pick up at the airport or is there a cost to get to the lodge?

I might be very interested for a spring hunt this year!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
when is this hunt offered?

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
nanika - PM sent

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
In 2007 Sept I hunted near William Lake / Frazer river / Tinmusket creek for Black Bear & Mule deer. This area seems to be another couple of hours flight north. I had a great time and saw bear on most hunting days & finally got a nice colour phased animal almost 6 feet - in the last 10 minutes of light on the last evening.

If this area is anything like that, it will be a great trip. Good luck to who ever hunts here.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote