New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discounted Australian Water Buffalo
 Login/Join

posted
Discounted Australian Water Buffalo Hunts

These 6 day hunts are conducted in the Northern Territory of Australia during June and July. We hunt in a remote aboriginal reserve called Arnhem Land with exclusive hunting rights to the area. There are no fences and game is 100% wild and free range. These buffalo have been wild for decades and getting in close to the wary trophy bulls is no small task. Hunting these Buffalo is fun and exciting, however hunters should be aware of the dangers. These animals are not be underestimated as they are aggressive and prone to charges.

I have space remaining in 2019 and am offering a discount from $14000 to $11500. This hunt includes one btrophy Water Buffalo with the option of taking additional Water Buffalo, Wild Ox, and Wild Boar as additional trophies.

To begin our daily hunt we drive on the rough two tracks that serve as roads to our destination and start hiking. We hunt in a variety of landscapes ranging from wide open salt flats to thick jungle so the scenery changes every day. We stalk the Buffalo on foot and the shooting is always close quarters making a fun and exciting hunt! We generally day hunt and go back to the main camp at night. Base camp is rustic but comfortable with a wood fired shower and an outdoor flushing toilet. We stay in large tents with beds and have fires every day eating the local wild game. Camp is located on aboriginal land along the beautiful Walker River and is managed by Simon Kyle-Little.

There are few areas left in the world as wild and remote as this. I grew up out bush in Alaska and guide there when I’m not in Australia. Even with my rural upbringing, this part of Australia still fascinates me with how wild it is. On this hunt you would see buffalo, wild ox, wild boar, wallabies, kangaroos, dingos, salt water crocodiles, and an amazing array of tropical birds. This region also contains ancient aboriginal campsites still untouched by modern man. The combination of dangerous game and the incredible area make this hunt a true adventure.

Additional costs include: $400 dip and pack fee for trophies, $225 gun hire, $225 gun permit fee, transport in and out of camp - charter cost will vary depending on aircraft required.

Optional additions: Observer Fee - $1500
Additional trophy Water Buffalo - $4000
Management Water Buffalo - $2000
Wild Ox - $3500
Trophy Wild Boar - $500

Full trophy fees will be charged on all wounded or lost game.

Any mortally sick or wounded Buffalo encountered during the course of the hunt will be culled free of charge. Small boars or sows may be culled during the hunt free of charge.

All prices quoted in USD
For more information contact
Wesley Tyrrell
Best form of contact is email
wesleytyrrell@gmail.com
(907) 328-9928
Fairbanks, AK

One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Simon in 2011. Whoever hunts with him will have a great time. He is a true hunter and grew up in the bush. I booked a management hunt and ended up shooting a bull with my bow, one with his double and one with his .375. That was an expensive hunt as I caught double fever and I bought my .500 after that hunt. I would hunt with him again in a heartbeat. The only issue is it is a long way to go. We took 5 flight. Rdu to DFW to sidney to darwin. overnight in Darwin. Then Darwin to gove. Then charter to walker river. You don't need to bring a rifle if you don't want to. It is certainly a target rich environment.

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 235 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how many Buff are you allowed to take. Are there culls and trophy types, and you get so many culls a day, or what. Little confused by the wording.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There is no limit to the number of Buffalo you can shoot on this hunt. The hunt includes one trophy bull and we pay the aboriginal land owners for each Buffalo shot off their land so a trophy fee will be charged for any additional Buffalo taken. However, this is not a cull hunt. We will pass on numerous Buffalo before we find a jaw dropping trophy. If we encounter a Buffalo with a broken leg or so week it can barely stand, then we will put it out of its misery and no fee is charged.

As far as the different trophy fees are concerned a management bull is a Buffalo that does not have the genetics to become a trophy.

Hopefully that clears up the confusion.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I have known Wesley's family since long before he was born. His family are Alaskan subsistence hunters and trappers and all of them are the real deal, next generation legends in the making.
He and his brother Luke also guide bear hunts for us and have their own lodge in the Brooks range.
I have also know Simon Kyle Little for a quarter of a century and had numerous hunters, including my son, who have hunted with him.
Simon IS an Australian legend and Wesley is a great addition to his staff.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4197 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey Wesley! Whats up man!

I hunted brown bear with Wesley in Phil's area and had a great time. Then a few years later hunted Simon's area for buffalo and had a great hunt. Amazing country. Can't wait to go back.

Anyone looking to hunt buffalo in a truly wild area of Australia should jump at this offer.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Bobby, is your video of your hunt with Simon available here ?

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yup! Here it is

https://vimeo.com/239168911

thank you

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Great video! How can anyone tolerate that music?

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Beans, if you think the didgeridoo is bad, you probably should stay out of East La or Venice beach

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana1:
Great video! How can anyone tolerate that music?

Hearing that music speaks to my soul, it is from this incredible country and reflects the rhythms of time and wilderness and mystery. Hearing those songs and feeling the Earth shake as red dust rises from the dancers by the fire is one of my treasured memories. The dancers and singers have stories about buffalo so incredible that it’s a story almost too big to put into words. Hearing that music makes me feel blessed, humbled and proud.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I gotta listen to that music!

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that Bobby. Great video! Really shows the area well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks! I make the videos more for posterity than anything else. I like to use music that is somewhat related to the area if I can. I think it's pretty cool. I can see where it might sound annoying, but you can simply turn the volume down or off Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just found this official video from Simon's site. Wow! Very cool.

https://vimeo.com/250933539