Notify
Tools

Cull Hunt Package - South Africa 2015
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted
Cull Hunt - South Africa 2015

We're offering an exciting cull hunt package that includes a number of species. Karoo Wild Safaris is owner-run and managed by Victor and Lindsay Watson offering you our personal attention at all times. Our four star graded lodge in the heart of our private wildlife-only reserve is the perfect place for hunters, couples and families to enjoy the hunting experience of a lifetime. Non-hunters are welcome to join the hunting party or partake in one of the numerous activities and tours in the area.

7 nights (6 full hunting days) fully inclusive package

Package Fees

- 1 client per PH $3480 per person
- 2 clients per PH $2230 per person (sharing animals in package)
- observers $980 per person

Cull Species includes in package

- 2 impala
- 2 kudu
- 2 blesbuck
- 1 red hartebeest
- 1 springbuck
- 1 warthog
- 1 duiker

* baboons, jackal and caracal taken opportunistically are free

Cull animals or trophy animals may be added as per our trophy list on

http://www.karoowildsafaris.co...ge/trophy_price_list

Outfitter: Karoo Wild Safaris HC 64/2011 EC
PH and Owner: Victor Watson PH 167/2011 EC
Area: Eastern Cape, South Africa - wildlife-only hunting area

This package includes

- meals and accommodation
- alcoholic drinks and beverages
- transfers to / from Port Elizabeth airport
- field preparation of trophies and transport to the taxidermist
- VAT
- rifle hire
- free optional morning or full day trip to Addo Elephant National Park

This package doesn't include

- airfare
- taxidermy work
- meat of the animals hunted
- entrance fees at non-hunting activities

Come join us for the hunting and vacation experience of a lifetime!

Victor Watson

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 405 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
Some photos of a cull hunt this past week

Victor Watson

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris

Posts: 405 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Victor - Are those cull animals in all of the above photos?

It is obvious the kudu and warthog are culls, but some animals look trophy-quality. Were the gemsbok and blesbok taken as trophy animals, or are those culls? Those two are nice animals I would display at home.

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Those are culls, Vic has some big blesbok.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by accipiter1:

It is obvious the kudu and warthog are culls, but some animals look trophy-quality. Were the gemsbok and blesbok taken as trophy animals, or are those culls? Those two are nice animals I would display at home.

They're all cull animals, even though some don't appear so in the photos. The blesbok's coat and overall condition was poor and we decided to take him and the gemsbok cow was on her last legs. Gemsbok wasn't in his package but I asked Phil (the hunter) to put her out of her misery (at no charge) as she was suffering. The black-backed jackal we heard crying from camp at night and we went out with a light. She was hassling some hartebeest in calf. Besides the animals in their package, I like to let the hunters do a "clean-up" at no charge to them. It's a job that I normally have to do after the season and they may as well be doing it during the season. It keeps them hunting which is their main reason for coming out here!

Vic

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Watson:
quote:
Originally posted by accipiter1:

They're all cull animals, even though some don't appear so in the photos. The blesbok's coat and overall condition was poor and we decided to take him and the gemsbok cow was on her last legs. Gemsbok wasn't in his package but I asked Phil (the hunter) to put her out of her misery (at no charge) as she was suffering. The black-backed jackal we heard crying from camp at night and we went out with a light. She was hassling some hartebeest in calf. Besides the animals in their package, I like to let the hunters do a "clean-up" at no charge to them. It's a job that I normally have to do after the season and they may as well be doing it during the season. It keeps them hunting which is their main reason for coming out here!

Vic

Thanks, Vic. This is a damn good offer.

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Me likes this offer too, seems like a cracking deal and very affordable.

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
Still a few of these cull packages available as well as trophy hunting in 2015.
Forgive the bump to the top.

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a full mount of a jackal walking. They look spectacular on top of a book case.

These deals are really nice...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law recently hunted with Victor and had a wonderful time. He enjoyed the good food, great hunting, and fun times that he experienced. For those interested, photos from that hunt were posted on our Facebook page timeline yesterday.

I believe they hunted most of their animals by heading out on foot and stalking, as opposed to other methods. They took some excellent trophies and a rather special Nyala as I recall. I realize cull hunts are being presented but there is also some good general hunting as well.

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
Guys

Still space left in August, September and October for anyone looking for a quality cull hunt. Great airfares being offered at the moment as well...

Victor

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris