Find
Notify
Tools

!! Discounted Lion Hunt !! 2023
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted
Limpopo Big Game Safaris invite you to join us on a first-class Limpopo Province Lion hunt

This is your chance to hunt a mature Lion or Lioness in the Limpopo Province of South Africa.

The hunting grounds is located in the Lephalale area of the Limpopo Province only 2 - 1/2 hour drive from Polokwane Airport and 3 - 1/2 hours from O.R. Tambo International airport Johannesburg.

TRAVELLING

• You will clear customs at O.R. Tambo International airport
• From OR Tambo you will take a connecting flight to Polokwane Airport where you will be met by your Professional Hunter and Outfitter Bossie Mostert
• From Polokwane it is only 2 - 1/2 hours to the hunting grounds.

THE HUNT

Your hunting experience starts at the break of dawn. Fuel up with a cup of coffee and rusks or perhaps a more substantial selection of breakfast cereals, yogurt and juice, before setting out on your hunt.

The morning hunt runs until approximately 11am, at which time we return to the lodge for brunch.

After brunch you can relax at the lodge, take a dip in the pool or just enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

The hunt resumes approximately 3pm and will continue until sunset.

HUNTING METHOD

We will travel the roads with our well-equipped hunting vehicles to locate fresh tracks of the Lions.

Once the tracks of a Lion in located, the hunters will follow on foot.

Lions may only be hunted by walk and stalk method.

Baiting Lions in South Africa is strictly prohibited by law.

Rifle - Compound Bow - Long Bow - Recurve Bow - Cross Bow - Black Powder

$1750.00
5 Days accommodation and Hunting fee1 x Hunter 1 x PH

$1500.00
5 Days accommodation and Hunting fee 2 x Hunter 1 x PH

$750.00
5 Days Observers fee

$100.00
Arrival day
$100.00
Departure day

Male Lion
Category 1
$6500.00

Male Lion
Category 2
$7500.00

Male Lion
Category 3
$9500.00

Male Lion
Category 4
$12500.00

Lioness can be added to all Lion hunts
$3900.00

Although this hunt is for a "fully exportable" Lion some countries do not allow the importation of Lions.
African lions are currently not importable into the US, Australia, France, and the Netherlands!
For those who are not able to import Lion products there is an option to have a replica made of the Lion you hunt.

Contact
Kanati Studio
46 Frystown Road
Myerstown, PA 17067
Get directions
Call
(717) 933–4828
Email
info@kanati.com

To secure your spot with Limpopo Big Game Safaris send us an email to
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com or visit our website at www.lbgsafaris.com

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Number three is a brute

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
What is a “replica” of your lion trophy?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
What is a “replica” of your lion trophy?

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Ya, I saw that. Is that a mounted lion? Something made to look like a mounted lion from other animal parts? If so, what animal and what parts?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Something made to look like a lion, for those who cannot import.

I asked Kanati about this when I noticed it on their site: It looks really good. Downside: cost is high, although I'm sure a lot of hours are involved.

I believe it was like $11k for shoulder, $22k life size when I spoke to them.

Posts: 436 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baker458:

I asked Kanati about this when I noticed it on their site: It looks really good. Downside: cost is high, although I'm sure a lot of hours are involved.

Bloody hell!

They can keep it!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67035 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ya, I saw that. Is that a mounted lion? Something made to look like a mounted lion from other animal parts? If so, what animal and what parts?

Maybe if you contact the taxidermy they can explain. I don't know hoe they make those and what they use.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Baker458:

Bloody hell!

They can keep it!

Good heavens, if that is the cost of a replica they can leave it. Not worth it at all.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I guess it it like the “bald eagles” you see mounted at the hunting shows? Made out of chicken feathers? No offense, but it is the natural progression/destination for these type arrangements?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the guys with the replicas at SCI they are at $9,800.00 for a pedestal mount. Their replicas are in my opinion incredible, they even match any scaring from photos. $9,800.00 for a pedestal mount is what I was quoted.

So for a captive bred like Bossie advertises.....$9,500.00 for an incredible lion and $9,800.00 for a pedestal replica. So for $$18,300.00 you have a lion trophy on your trophy room.

Or you could do this
quote:
18 days $30,000 and trophy fee $39,000

And if you don't even see a lion your in for $30,000.00. If you get your lion on the $69,000.00 hunt you still have to pay for dip and pack, shipping and taxidermy.....my guess, another $4,500.00???? So....$73,500.00.

Makes the replica seem much more economically feasible to me.

To each their own.......makes the world go around.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
I spoke with the guys with the replicas at SCI they are at $9,800.00 for a pedestal mount. Their replicas are in my opinion incredible, they even match any scaring from photos. $9,800.00 for a pedestal mount is what I was quoted.

So for a captive bred like Bossie advertises.....$9,500.00 for an incredible lion and $9,800.00 for a pedestal replica. So for $$18,300.00 you have a lion trophy on your trophy room.

Or you could do this
quote:

And if you don't even see a lion your in for $30,000.00. If you get your lion on the $69,000.00 hunt you still have to pay for dip and pack, shipping and taxidermy.....my guess, another $4,500.00???? So....$73,500.00.

I hunt for the experience, not to have a glorified trophy on the wall.

Posts: 67035 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or you could do this
quote:

You can purchase a Lion hunt in the Kafue for $90,000 and $15,000 for the tag and that is a considerable amount of money if you do not connect.

Hunting a wild Lion is a completely different experience than picking them off a catalog and shooting a drugged animal from a car.

My last Lion hunt in the Luangwa was based on Buff hunt daily rates and a steeper trophy fee for the cat, We did not connect but my client spent many days intensely hunting Lion and all the excitement and adventures that a safari should be.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hunting a wild Lion is a completely different experience than picking them off a catalog and shooting a drugged animal from a car.

Not how its done and you know it.....or you should.

The laws in South Africa have some pretty stringent requirements regarding captive bred hunting. Shooting a drugged animal from a car is not legal, you should know that before you make such a statement. Now, the outfitters do know what lions are available....that's for certain. How is that different than the pic you posted?

Sitting in a blind, watching bait .......waiting for a PH to try to decide if a lion is old enough.....now that's almost as exciting as going to the dentist.....see we can both be nasty for no reason...

Different strokes man, not everyone has $90,000.00 to roll the dice on a wild lion these days....

I do like the way you have advertised low day rates and high trophy fees.....but why be shitty about others????

There are many different ways to do many different things.....I dont say bad things about people that do things differently than I do as long as it is legal.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The laws in South Africa have some pretty stringent requirements regarding captive bred hunting. Shooting a drugged animal from a car is not legal, you should know that before you make such a statement. Now, the outfitters do know what lions are available....that's for certain. How is that different than the pic you posted?

Sitting in a blind, watching bait .......waiting for a PH to try to decide if a lion is old enough.....now that's almost as exciting as going to the dentist.....see we can both be nasty for no reason...

Different strokes man, not everyone has $90,000.00 to roll the dice on a wild lion these days....

I do like the way you have advertised low day rates and high trophy fees.....but why be shitty about others????

There are many different ways to do many different things.....I dont say bad things about people that do things differently than I do as long as it is legal.

Yeah, you are right and that did not read very well. I did not say bad things about people and my reference is not to the OP but rather to others in the industry that are advertising cheap weekend hunts that are obviously canned. Although South Africa is cleaning up its act there are still those who continue with this practice and shoot from the car.

However, your point was to compare my pricing with a wild Lion hunt which comes at a price. I do my best to convince operators to offer a fairer pricing structure that is competitive. This offer from the OP is extremely competitive for those who need a guarantee for a Lion and besides Bossie is one of the good guys on AR.

We will save sitting in a blind for another debate.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, you are right and that did not read very well. I did not say bad things about people and my reference is not to the OP but rather to others in the industry that are advertising cheap weekend hunts that are obviously canned. Although South Africa is cleaning up its act there are still those who continue with this practice and shoot from the car.

However, your point was to compare my pricing with a wild Lion hunt which comes at a price. I do my best to convince operators to offer a fairer pricing structure that is competitive. This offer from the OP is extremely competitive for those who need a guarantee for a Lion and besides Bossie is one of the good guys on AR.

Thank you for clearing the air Adrew.
Look there is no doubt in my mind that there are still Outfitters in South Africa hunting Lions the wrong and illegal way. However, I am not one of them and will distance myself from any such practice.

Not everyone can afford a 70k to 120k Lion hunt, therefore we offer an alternative to hunt Captive Bred Lions. (CBL)
Many might say and think it isn’t a good experience and hunt but till you have experienced it for yourself distance yourself from any negative comments and remarks.

When booking such a hunt make sure you book with the right Outfitter from the start.

Here is a good example of a Lion hunt where a drugged Lioness was shot. I recently came across this video and it is a disgrace to the hunting in South Africa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XGV1NuEako

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to sidetrack your ad but I watched the video. I've never seen a lion outside of a zoo and certainly never hunted one. I'm not questioning your judgement that this lioness was drugged but please educate me why you make that assessment. She seems a bit "sluggish" after the first shot but from that (really bad imho) angle it's very hard to judge what organs that bullet might have hit so that alone is not really enough "evidence" but maybe there are more signs that I missed?

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
That was horrible to watch, she looked either drugged or failing in her hips, she looked attracted to the men walking up to her rather than hesitant.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Limpopo Big Game Safaris:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Look there is no doubt in my mind that there are still Outfitters in South Africa hunting Lions the wrong and illegal way. However, I am not one of them and will distance myself from any such practice.

Not everyone can afford a 70k to 120k Lion hunt, therefore we offer an alternative to hunt Captive Bred Lions. (CBL)
Many might say and think it isn’t a good experience and hunt but till you have experienced it for yourself distance yourself from any negative comments and remarks.

When booking such a hunt make sure you book with the right Outfitter from the start.

Here is a good example of a Lion hunt where a drugged Lioness was shot. I recently came across this video and it is a disgrace to the hunting in South Africa.

My last three Lions were walked up on foot and involved a hairy follow-up and I hope you hunt them as such

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]

My last three Lions were walked up on foot and involved a hairy follow-up and I hope you hunt them as such

Maybe you are unaware of the fact that all Lion hunts in South Africa be it Wild or captive bred may not be hunted on a bait.
They are all walk and stalk.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Limpopo Big Game Safaris:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That poor cat was drugged or sick - no question about it. I could never admit to killing that animal for any other reason than just to put out of her misery - terrible disgrace.

I've bumped into wild lions while hunting and they don't act like that for sure!

I hunted a lioness in South Africa years ago - it was indeed a ranch hunt but she was a very much alive, mean cat that did not like us interrupting the duiker she was eating.

She did not stop trying to get to us until the 3rd round stopped her for good and the other two cats literally circled around on us..

Ranch hunt - yes, tense action - absolutely...

I doubt I will ever have the resources to hunt a wild one but if I did, it would be as Andrew stated - walked up on foot and a hairy follow-up!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hunting cats, lion or leopard, does entail sitting in a blind.

Not very exciting I must admit.

But, to get to that one has to shoot bait, and this entails almost the dedication of the whole safari.

I must have shot hundreds of bait animal for leopard and lion.

A far cry from picking one from a catalogue.

I have no problems with people wishing to hunt lion on a farm.

Their money, their choice.

Anyone objecting to this is really playing into the hands of the antis.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Saeed, do you feel anyone (government, etc.) should have say as to how said animal is treated and consequently pursued? Where are those boundaries? Or, is it chattel and it's owner can do as they please?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed, do you feel anyone (government, etc.) should have say as to how said animal is treated and consequently pursued? Where are those boundaries? Or, is it chattel and it's owner can do as they please?

Where do we place boundaries?

When it comes to hunting, the countries that provided it should set their rules.

We as individuals can choose whether to accept them or not.

But having outside governments, due to some stupid emotional attitudes trying to dictate this is unacceptable!

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I guess my question was should governments have the right to decide what is done with private property (livestock)

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Governments do decide what to do with livestock in their countries now.

There regulations in every country.

I have no problem with that.

But I do object to one country deciding what others do with their animals!