Find
Notify
Tools

Big Game Fishing Outer Banks NC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
Trip includes a full day offshore gulf stream fishing on 55 foot Sport Fisher. Species include Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Sailfish, Yellow and Black Fin Tuna, Mahi and Wahoo. Price is for one day trip of fishing for six people and includes two nights of lodging. Price for this trip is $2400 for six anglers or $400 per person. Best fishing months are May, June and July for Mahi and Marlin. Wahoo fishing starts in the late summer and early fall. Common for the gulf stream to be as close as twenty miles from Hatteras Village which will be the port of departure.

Video of type of Fishing with me wiring up White Marlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDiMvMPulSA

Trip is offered by
Captain Clark Purvis
252-826-4288
Price $2,400 total for six people or $400 per person.
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

We have really been catching the Mahi the last two days. On Monday we caught a 500 pound Blue Marlin and another White Marlin. We had a really big one crash on the teaser yesterday. Guessing she was around 700 pounds. Lots of sargassum weed lines so the big bull Dolphin fish, AKA Mahi, are really starting to migrate north. These big bulls are fun fish to fight. They are strong and make a great jumps. Most important, they are also great to eat. We have a local restaurant that cooks the daily catch for our clients. Served family style several different ways. Last night we had seven different types of Mahi and Wahoo.

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

Captain Clark Purvis

posted Hide Post
Are the fishermen allowed to keep all their catch?

Posts: 13 | Location: Minnesota/South Dakota USA | Registered: 10 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Hey cap,
When is the best tuna fishing?

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yellowfin bite is coming to an end. March through early May are good months for Hatteras South. May through early June for OI and 000. Bluefin do not start up again until November. Currently everyone is pulling big baits and fishing for 500ilb + Blue Marlin. New record purse with $2,000,000.00 in the pot for this weeks tournament. You think killing your fist Cape Buffalo is a thrill. Killing a big money fish in this event is an adrenaline rush that will pay off most of your mortgage and a safari or two to Tanzania.. Captains from South Africa, Australia, Hawaii and other parts of the world are all here this week. Some tough competitors and good fisherman. This is one of the oldest big game tournaments. We placed second but won the big Calcutta years back. It was the same year that one of the mates got killed from being pulled over from a marlin. I also lost a winning fish in the mid 90's that would have won over a $1,000,000. Hero or zero in this industry.

http://www.thebigrock.com/news...rock-tops-24-million

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I will be running a 55 custom Carolina Sportfisher April through June out of Hatteras, NC. We released a 500+ lb Blue Marlin this weekend and conditions look like it is going to be good year. Several boats are seeing big fish the days they are hunting out in the deep. Lots of yellowfins in the shallows.

Captain Clark Purvis

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hey Clark

What is Novemeber Bluefin fishing like? We are planning to be in Florida in Novemeber and one of the guys is keen to try a couple of days bluefin fishing at the same time. He is a charter skipper in the Med and keen to see how you guys do things out there.

I'm not on the site much these days so please em ail me details to Kiri@athinasporting.com and we can look at the possibilities.

Regards,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Just sent you an email.

Captain Clark Purvis

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Thanks Clark

Rgds,
Kiri

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sent you a pm Kiri.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Got it mate.

Clark's going to send me some pricing to show the team and I'll include you in the mail.

Jimmy was very keen when I spoke to him so a couple of days on the Tuna will likely be on the cards in November, but I most likely will go off to shoot some ducks as I don't do well offshore after a couple of ear injuries diving.