New
Find
Notify
Tools

OPPORTUNITIES '12-'13 FOR A BIG BULL IN NM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As some of you know I shot my first elk this year with Matt Woodward/Borderland Adventures. Matt has secured for 2012-2013 some additional tags and properties in some great elk country in New Mexico's Units 12 and 13.

The Unit 12 hunt that I killed my bull on is a rifle/any weapons hunt and is conducted from a very well equipped and comfy tent camp.

The hunt takes place on 23,000 private acres in two parcels about 2.5 hours SW of Albuquerque near Omega.

The Unit 12 season opens Oct 1 and runs through Dec 31 providing a good opportnity to hunt the rut with a rifle. I think there is a potential for a very big bull here as 2011 was incredibly dry and I still killed a bull of 338 7/8 B&C plus 3 larger bulls were seen during my hunt.

My bull

If you read my hunt report you know I was and am very enthused with what Matt is offering and I am rebooked for '13.

The Unit 13 hunts are archery or muzzleloader only and conducted from a 6,000 sq. ft. 4 Star lodge. The lodge offers exclusivity, a private chef and all the amenities.

The ranch is about 2.5 hours SW of Albuquerque near Pie Town and about 20,000 acres of fairly gentle country with lots of elk plus big elk. In the past this ranch has produced an average of 350 B&C points.

Early Sept dates are open for archery and the MZ season starts 15 Oct-Dec 31. A big bull can be taken anytime but early dates are prefereable.

Both of these hunts will require a fair amount of walking but the country is easy enough that most folks will have no problem. These hunts are perfect for hunters like myself that have no love of horses or find camping out in the snowy mountains not a necessity.

Matt is in the process of securing some other properties in Unit 13 and 15. I'll post details as I have them.

Pricing:

Unit 12 tent camp hunt 1x1 5 days $12,100
Unit 13 luxury lodge hunt 1x1 5 days $14,500
Non-hunters $1,000

Both hunts are all inclusive of:

Food/lodging
Liquor in reasonable amounts
5 full days hunting
Airport pick up and drop off in Albuquerque
Meat and trophy handling
Lic/tag
Tax

Gratuity at hunter discretion is only extra

The '12 season is pretty open now so contact me anytime for best dates.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote