THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Any Discounted Bear Over Bait hunts available for SEP?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Discounted Bear Over Bait hunts available for SEP?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to hunt black bear over bait this fall, but I don't want to spend $2800.00 or more.

I have limited mobility (I can ride a horse/ATV) but wouldn't want to have to walk more than 4 or 5 hundred yards to the stand.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Cost would be higher, but I believe Jake Jeffries was recently offering a Sept grizzly hunt over bait in Alaska. It was on here somewhere.

Posts: 3902 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
What part of NA are you looking for?
There are some dirt cheap bait hunts for Black Bear out there.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1220 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Buy Idaho tag and hunt DIY in Idaho
Set your baits and voila...
It'll cost you hell of a lot less than $ 2,800.00

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hunted bear in Idaho in 2010, and did get a bear, but unless a person lived in Idaho or less than 500 miles one way from the area to be hunted, my bet is a person will be out a bit more than $2800.00.

I would like to do another bear hunt if I can find one I can afford. The bear I killed was good but I would like to get one just a little bigger, and I am not interested in hunting bear with dogs.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
True Randall, still very reasonable , but takes time so coin toss is a must .
Either pay for short hunt where all is set or take time and do it on your own.
I hunt Idaho and of course living within an hour from there, it still took a month to get a bear this year.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
True Randall, still very reasonable , but takes time so coin toss is a must .
Either pay for short hunt where all is set or take time and do it on your own.
I hunt Idaho and of course living within an hour from there, it still took a month to get a bear this year.

We're kinda short on bear here in Texas and even if they was as common as feral hogs, they will never allow a season.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:

Yes if you live near by know where to go have the time and bait.

Just showing in up in Idaho is like saying come to Wisconsin throw a bait out and shoot a bear.

Might happen but if you pick the wrong area is not going to happen. Idaho is some what a big state.

I like doing DIY hunts but also learned doing it cold can cost you a lot more. Then hiring the local information.

Search MN in the over the counter zone there is some very reasonable hunts out there.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're kinda short on bear here in Texas and even if they was as common as feral hogs, they will never allow a season

Keep your hopes up.

I never thought Georgia would allow bear hunting either. Several years ago a season was established with good results so far.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Contact North Country Lodge in Maine....they are likely booked, but may have cancellations or last minurpte spots.....great place. All inclusive for around $2000.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2598 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I would love to do something like this. Bait may not be my deal, but it's a black bear.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:

Yes if you live near by know where to go have the time and bait.

Just showing in up in Idaho is like saying come to Wisconsin throw a bait out and shoot a bear.

Might happen but if you pick the wrong area is not going to happen. Idaho is some what a big state.

I like doing DIY hunts but also learned doing it cold can cost you a lot more. Then hiring the local information.

Search MN in the over the counter zone there is some very reasonable hunts out there.

Bit of research on Lochsa country in Idaho does wonder for DIY hunts
Running water and cover and baits and you'd be surprised
Makes it fun vacation with hunting as a bonus

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Mark Young. He sent a friend of mine on one in Maine and they had a great time. I can't think of the outfitter but you could google it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. I will check out the Maine outfitters.

I am looking to pay around $2k (inclusive) for the hunt, and I will of course fly in and use a rental car at my expense.

I am not too picky about where I hunt, although I prefer not to have the hassle of bringing a firearm into Canada, as long as I can fly in reasonable close to a major airport and drive to the place within two or three hours.

Thanks again.

BH63

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buffhunter
Look at the New Mexico option that popped up with a very good rate at $2,950
A little above your set number...but not much...

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^
I have found quite a few bear hunts for around $3K, but that is a little above what I am willing to pay for another bear (killed one on a self-guided hunt a few years back).

Thanks for posting.

BH63

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
The Maine one I mentioned above is right about $2k,,,,,the lodging and food are well worth it.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2598 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^I have contacted them.

Thanks.

BH63

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have booked my hunt. Thanks to everyone for their ideas and especially to hikerbum who came up with an outfitter that meets my price budget.

I will let everyone know how the hunt turns out.

BH63