Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia 14 day leopard hunt 2011
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Details
14 Day Leopard hunt in the North-Western part of Namibia with Sebra Hunting Safaris.

Price
U$ 12,000.00

Included:
• Daily rate for 14 days for 1 hunter
• Transfer to and from Windhoek airport
• Hunting vehicle and PH services
• Field preparation of trophy
• All baits
• Tag fee
• Permit fee
• Trophy fee for 1 male leopard
• Full board accommodation – all meals, beverages and laundry
• VAT on daily rates

Excluded:
• Flight tickets to Namibia
• Taxidermy work and shipping
• Rifle Hire
• Any additional trophies

US$6000 refund if no opportunity at trophy leopard

Additional plains game available if time permits

Kudu U$1200
Gemsbok U$725
Hartmann’s Zebra U$1000
Red hartebeest U$900
Springbok U$500
Eland U$2200
Giraffe U$1850
Baboon U$100
Steenbok U$350
Duiker U$400
Klipspringer U$1000
Damara dik-dik U$2000
Cheetah U$2000
Caracal U$500
Warthog U$450
Jackal U$50

Jan du Plessis
Sebra Hunting Safaris

Farm Sebra nr.264
Outjo district
Namibia

Tel: +264 812275604 or +264 813252372
E-mail: sebra@iway.na
www.sebrahunt.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dates of the hunt?

Posts: 10179 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What has been your success rate??

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with Jan and his wife Marisje in 2006 and will vouch for his worth as a hard working and skilled hunter.
If you can get him to crack a smile then a Royal Guard at Buckingham Palace doesn't stand a chance around you.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun guy to spend two weeks with...

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
leopardtrack: Yes Jan is a great guy, don't mistake my attempt at humor as anything but that. Anyone can expect they will get a great trip with Jan (pronounced Jun) I know I did as have several friends I suggested his Sebra Hunting Adventures to.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
What has been your success rate??

No response??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't give up on him. He lives wwwwaaaayyyy out and uses a cell phone to access the internet. I know that because of the cost of cell air time and the slow/low speed of the connection he doesn't spend very much time on the net.

I'll email him and let him know about the date question. He usually responds to emails within a day or two.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I can understand the slow reply. Many of the land lines in these rural areas of Namibia have been torn down for the copper and it is not unusual for PHs (especially in Namibia) to go a fair bit before replying to emails, much less forum posts.

I don't know Jan or his outfit, but if I am not mistaken, his place is just south of Kamanjab. I hunted just north and west of Kamanjab in 2005 and it is a wonderful and remote section of Namibia. I would love to get back to that region again. This seems like a fair price for a leopard hunt as well.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please bear with us if we do not reply immediately, because for the past month our internet connection in this area has been problematic. E-mail seems to work a bit better on our lines.

Currently we have 15 - 31 June, 20 July - 23 August, and then from 5 September 'till 30 November available. We currently have interest in the June slot.

If everybody do their part, I would say that there is about a 70% chance to get a opportunity at a trophy cat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
Sounds like a fun guy to spend two weeks with...

Leopardtrack:

This year will be our 4th trip to his place. When he straps on his 44 mag and steps to the Unimog in the morning he is all business and he busts his butt (and yours) to get you on quality game. His field craft is incredible (and this is from a 28yr military guy).

He grew up on the land and as a child (3rd generation on it) and knows it better than the back of his hand. His father had an old bushman that worked for them that Jan learned the land, game and tracking from him - can't get any better than that.

At the end of the day, once the 44 is taken off and "sundowner" time comes he does relax and has a good time.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas...I have PM'ed Jan regarding the hunt.

One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Jan in 2005. Great, hard working PH. Beautiful hunting area. Will go back some day.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everybody that contacted us. Both hunts are sold for this year.

Have a good hunting season.