New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Dakota Prairie Dog Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Routier Outfitting is offering prairie dog hunts in northwest South Dakota.

The closest town is Buffalo South Dakota.

This is not for large groups but rather one or two people at a time. You stay in the local hotel or you are welcome to camp on the ranch and you cook for yourself.

We have openings pretty much all summer.

We take you to their prairie dog town and set you up with some tables and pretty much turn you loose.

This is $105.50 per Hunter per day and that includes tax.

Nonresident hunting licenses cost $42.

Resident hunting license cost $7.

Randy Routier
701 US Hwy. 85 Buffalo, SD 57720

605-580-0601

www.huntsd.net

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy,

When does the season end for p dogs? We're building a few dedicated varmint rigs at the shop and wouldn't mind getting out to SD to put them through their paces.

I'm not sure if the schedule is going to allow me to make it out west this summer but if my schedule allows it I would definitely like to add a day of this into the schedule.

With that said, for anyone else considering this hunt or any other hunts offer3e by Randy, you can't go wrong. They are a great value and from hunting pronghorn last summer with them they have plenty of game on the ranch. You won't find better people than those you'll deal with when hunting with the Routiers.

Posts: 296 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 17 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you have a pm

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The season does not end for prairie dogs. It is a year around prospect.

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, how would you compare the shooting with SW Kansas?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no idea as I have never been there before?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is not a place for six guys to come and each shoot 700 rounds a day. This is for a couple guys who want a relaxed trip and can shoot several hundred rounds over a several day span. I can arrange lodging and meals if needed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got it

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote