New
Find
Notify
Tools

North American Bison Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Routier Outfitting has the below offer For North American Bison available.

This is for American Bison on a large private low fence ranch in northwest South Dakota.

This hunt can take place anytime between now March 10.

It is spot and stalk hunting on rolling Prairie and sagebrush flats combined with ponderosa pine tree hills.

Two day rifle or archery hunts with guides lodging and meals included as well as transportation once you arrive.

The closest town would be Buffalo South Dakota.

Trophy bull $5000
Meat bull $4000
Cow $3000
6% South Dakota sales tax added to all prices.

You receive the whole animal and we take it to the taxidermist and processor if you wish or we can butcher them on the ranch and you can take the meat to your butcher in coolers included in the price.

This is not a hunt in a little enclosure where you just drive up and shoot them out of the vehicle. We actually hunt them.

My brother Ryan will be your guide.

Feel free with any questions.

Routier Outfitting
Randy Routier
701 US Highway 85
Buffalo, SD 57720

Home Number 605-375-3489
CELL Number 605-580-0601

Website www.huntsd.net
e-mail huntsd@sdplains.com

Posts: 519 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 519 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some terrific pics there, Randy.

Of the animals shown, which would be considered meat bulls as opposed to trophies?

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
Some terrific pics there, Randy.

Of the animals shown, which would be considered meat bulls as opposed to trophies?

thank you much JWM

If you look at the last three pictures I posted the first and the third buffalo would be meat Bulls or cows. Basically a meat bull is somewhere in the two to four or five year old range. If you have a preference on age we can sure try our best.

posted Hide Post
Those are some big critters!!

Just think of all the tasty buffalo burgers you could get from one of them!... Smiler

Posts: 14 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 04 August 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have pictures of a meat bull. Would like to see if they would still make a nice mount also. They just have shorter horns typically and still have some of big fur on the head.

Thanks

Posts: 566 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes they would still have a big furry head of hair. They're just going to lack a little bit of length and mass. It's still going to look like a front end of a car sticking out of your wall. Make sure you plan before and that you have enough wall space. I've had a couple guys get one home and not have any place to put it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could you show me a picture of what I would be looking at for a meat bull. Would just like to see the difference. I realize they are big but I have the room. Have a few eland,kudu,elk mounts already and a buff is one beautiful mount to.

Any body out there buy buff meat as the whole one just may be to much for me. I do know some places do but not sure if legal in your area. Your hunt seems more like what I want so That is why I ask.

Posts: 566 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Routier:
This is a big cow. Very comparable to a older meat bull.

This would be a younger cow.

This would be a younger trophy bull. He looks a lot bigger just because he was so shaggy. Still smaller horns and body.

This is what dreams are made of. Huge body and very thick horns that are worn down some.

Feel Free with Any Questions Whatsoever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE
Any body out there buy buff meat as the whole one just may be to much for me. I do know some places do but not sure if legal in your area. Your hunt seems more like what I want so That is why I ask.[/QUOTE]

I can't get anybody to buy it, including the lockers, but how I handled the situation before is I gave it to some families who were a little less fortunate than others and they processed it for themselves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info. Some great buff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some good looking Bison and wow are they ever good to eat great looking offer

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AR MAN:
Some good looking Bison and wow are they ever good to eat great looking offer

I have heard nothing but good about the meat from these Buffalo. They are just grass fed and have the yellow fat on them. Even the old mature Bulls guys say are good eating. The main thing is not to overcook it because it is so lean it well get dry fast.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking at the last pictures even the cows would make a nice mount with there winter coats. Not as big as the bulls but still pretty darn nice.

What would the avg. bow shot be range wise.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's definitely not a slam dunk with archery equipment but we can usually get within 40 yards. Either way we have to be within the hunters comfortable shooting distance. Each case is just different but closer the better just for sheer penetration. You also have to really study the anatomy of a Buffalo. They not only have a hump but sometimes several inches of hair hanging down from their body. On top of that there vitals are lower in their body compared to say a Whitetail.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice big bulls. I could use another bison on the wall

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel:
Nice big bulls. I could use another bison on the wall

Just give me a shout if you have any questions.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Looks like lots of fun
I'd definitely do it next couple of years
Thanks for the offer Randy
I'll keep you posted

PS I went on Yellowstone hunt with friend, technically wild but all you do is drive around and then shoot
Yellowstone buffs are pets

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote