Find
Notify
Tools

Discounted NM GMU 13 Bull Elk Landowner Permit
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello:

My name is Jim Welles. I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. Our phone number is 505.294.7861. I have been a registered outfitter in NM for 16 years.

This is a muzzle loader hunt unit.

We have(1)public land, bull elk LO permit available at $2,500 OR BEST OFFER. The State License is $789 with required stamps and is on top of the permit.

The owner of this permit can choose from the following dates for the five day hunt, Oct 8, "youth only", Oct 15, Oct 22, and late season Nov 19.

If you have a young hunter less that 18, this one is primo and the youth timeframe is peak rut on Oct 8th. There are only 25 public tags issued for this timeframe and very few LO permits are converted for this time.

One of the Governors tags issued last fall ended up hunting in this unit after his guide located a 400 class bull.

The NM Dept of Game and Fish has a requirement for submission of harvest surveys in order to be drawn in the public draw. We can point you to the site area where you can look at the results and hunter satisfaction rating on all elk hunts in NM. This is a great tool to get you informed on where the right spots are to hunt in NM. GMU 13 compares very well and it is home to BIG BULLS like the posted pics below. We will help with prime spots to use the tag. I will be flying 2 mornings in early October to help our youth hunters get a good start and that info will be provided for the buyer of this tag as well.

This is not a cake walk hunt. High level physical conditioning is strongly recommended.

If you have any questions, email us at JFWRC@comcast.net or call 505.294.7861 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 505.294.7861

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
400 class NM GMU 13 Bull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
390 class GMU 13 bull harvest during last fall's archery hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This LO PERMIT has been sold. Thanks again AR. Jim