THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    DikDik, Klippspringer, Brown Hyena and more in the Erongo Mountains of Namibia 2023
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DikDik, Klippspringer, Brown Hyena and more in the Erongo Mountains of Namibia 2023
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Guys,

I have access to a property in the Erongo Mountains. It is a very a large very scenic area with no game fencing. Leopard are plentiful and you have a good chance to see a rhino here and there.

In particular interesting are DikDik, Mt Zebra, brown hyena and Klippspringer.

Mountain Zebra are very common in this part of Namibia. They offer a very demanding and fun hunt. My personal favorite plains game!

DikDik are plentiful and it's more a question of finding the one you like. We also expect a close to 100% successrate on Klippspringer.

Brown Hyena is a bit tricky but historically there is a overall successrate for Hyena of 90%. Please note that brown hyena is not exportable to the US, as far as I know.

We can host 4 hunters together.

HUNTING DAY INCL. ACCOMMODATION
1:1 per hunter
290,- US$/Day

2:1 per hunter
250,- US$/Day

non-hunting / observer
120,- US$/Day

day of arrival
55,- US$/Day

day of departure
55,- US$/Day

Trophy fees (in $):
Kudu 1400
Oryx 650
Springbok 470
Steenbok 330
Common Duiker 350
Mountain Zebra 700
Klippspringer 900
Damara Dik-Dik 1200
Warthog 470
Caracal 660
Jackal 65
Brown Hyaena 2250
Baboon 135
Cheetah on request
Giraffe 2100

Extras:
All drinks by costs
Transfer from/to Windhoek $400
Visa (if necessary)
Int. flights
Raw prepartation of trophies
Trophy export and costs for export paperwork

Hunters from Europe please inquire for €-prices.

contact me at:
dennis@dr-safaris.com

DR-Safaris

Pascalstrasse 6
52074 Aachen
Germany
+491722438231

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

A few of the plains game animals taken by AR member chet in Namibia.

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really nice pics.

Dang, as I was reading, I got excited about the Brown Hyena, until you said it was not importable to the US. Se la vie.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got excited about the Brown Hyena, until you said it was not importable to the US. Se la vie.

I found that out many years ago in Zimbabwe, after seeing numerous ones and wanting to take one. We saw many, but never any spotteds. I think that I have seen more Browns than Spotteds in my 16 safaris. Doesn't make sense that they're not importable. I definitely think that the Brown Hyena looks more evil than the Spotted.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:
Really nice pics.

Dang, as I was reading, I got excited about the Brown Hyena, until you said it was not importable to the US. Se la vie.

Thank you.

Brown hyenas are quite common in Namibia and get managed properly. They often are a problem on this farm when you are trying to bait leopard (simply because a few of them hang around the bait) and cause problems for goat&sheep farmers in the neighborhood too.

I really have no idea why they are not importable. Must be some logic that is not visible to us.

Cheers,
Dennis

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks, Gents, as if brown hyena can be imported, but only with a special permit. Here's some text from the FWS Office of Law Importation of Sport Hunted Trophies

Stricter U.S. Wildlife Laws

• You should be aware that there are several U.S. wildlife laws that may restrict the import of your trophy. If the animal is protected by the Endangered Species Act (for example, leopard, brown hyena or bontebok), you will need to obtain an endangered species import permit before importing your trophy. Some bird trophies (for example, hoopoe) may need permits under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. You can find the list of migratory birds at: https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-50/ chapter-I/subchapter-B/part-10/subpart-B/section-10.13.

• Many countries require export permits for wildlife, even for species not protected under CITES. Be sure to check with the exporting country for any additional requirements. Importing trophies without permits required by a foreign country is a violation of U.S. law.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1319 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tim, for the update. I believe that at the time that I saw them during my hunts in Africa, I was told point blank that they were not importable into the U.S. at all. I was also told that you could not shoot one in Zimbabwe, as they were protected there. I do hope that has all changed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi there,
We still have a brown hyena tag available if someone is interested.

Best regards,
Dennis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 64" kudu taken by a happy hunter 2 weeks ago on this farm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eeker Eeker Eeker tu2

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!
Spectacular Kudu...!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote