Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Trophy Pronghorn Hunts-2016
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello:

My name is Jim Welles. I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. My phone number is 505.294.7861 or 505-967-6562 cell. I have been a registered outfitter in New Mexico for 20+ years.

We have 3 great ranches with spots available for the 2016 fall pronghorn antelope season.

Number 1, we have the 96 Ranch, (7 miles southwest of Santa Rosa Rosa) 60,000 deeded acres, 6 spots only, priced at $3,500ea + NM Gross Receipts Tax, FULLY OUTFITTED. The hunt date is flexible as long as it is any three days from October 7 thru 0ctober 16. Meals, lodging, 2x1 guiding, and LO permit are included in this package. Transport to Santa Rosa is the hunters responsibility. State license fee of $300 is the responsibility of the hunter.

Number 2, we have the Santa Rosa Ranch 7 miles due east of Santa Rosa, NM. This unit is 11,500 deeded acres. We have 2 spots open on this ranch.This ranch has B&C potential This ranch is also priced a $3,650ea + NM Gross Receipts tax, FULLY OUTFITTED. Meals, lodging, 2x1 guiding, and LO permit are included in this package. Transport to the ranch is the hunters responsibility. State license fee of $300 is the responsibility of the hunter. This hunt will take place any three days from October 7 thru October 16.

Number 3, we have the Juan de Dios Ranch 10 miles due south of Santa Rosa, NM. This unit is 16,500 deeded acres and 4,000 NM State Lease. We have 2 spots open on this ranch.This ranch has great trophy potential and is priced a $3,500ea + NM Gross Receipts tax, FULLY OUTFITTED. Meals, lodging, 2x1 guiding, and LO permit are included in this package. Transport to the ranch is the hunters responsibility. State license fee of $300 is the responsibility of the hunter. This hunt will take place any three days from October 7 thru October 16.

I will be following up with pictures of bucks harvested on these ranches over the next few days. You may also view further description and photos of bucks taken on these ranches over the past few years on our website at the address below. Thank you AR. AR members.....

Jim Welles
www.newmexicobiggamehunting.com

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All,
I hunt with Jim every year. He is a great guy, runs a great outfit and knows New Mexico hunting - especially antelope and elk. If you want a fun hunt, a chance at a real good pronghorn - go.

Can't say enough good about Jim.

Posts: 10208 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW , I am going again this year!

Posts: 10208 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am open to discounts on a booking of 4 or more on any of these ranches. Get your hunting group together and lets go have fun with these great animals! Thanks AR-Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have 4 or more guys that want to hunt pronghorn, shoot me an offer. We will work with you on pricing. We love group hunts.....very fun!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dogcat, hunters who book multiple hunts with the same outfit are usually reference enough about the operation but were is your goat pics?

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello AR Man-

Dogcat has not hunted these particular ranches. He has hunted our place further in NE NM primarily due its date being earlier in the year.

Hope this clarifies why he has not posted his pics here. It would be misleading. All of these bucks were taken on the ranches having spots available. Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim thanks for the clarification and the pics you've shown are of some dam good goats! I've been considering a goat hunt for some time now and I was more interested in what the more average goats on your ranches would look like.

Thanks

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AR Man-

An average would be 75-78. As you can see, we do get ones that hit the 80+ mark when moisture conditions and forage is in good condition. So far this year, moisture is right and the range is in great shape.

Jim