New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW MEXICO LANDOWNER AUTHORIZATIONS-2 PRONGHORN
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My name is Jim Welles. I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, with my wife Kelly at 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. My phone number is 505.294.7861. Our e-mail address is JFWRC@comcast.net. I have been a registered outfitter in NM for 18+ years.

Our website is www.newmexicobiggamehunting.com

We are offering 2 Landowner Authorizations on the Juan de Dios Ranch, 10 miles south of Santa Rosa. The acreage on this ranch is a total of 22,000, 18,000 deeded, 4,000 State. The ranch receives a total of 4 private Landowner Authorizations and 1 public draw tag. The authorizations we have are valid for the 1st weekend which is October 5th this year. 2 private will be hunted the first weekend, 2 private the following weekend. We do not own the 2nd weekend authorizations. The public hunter will be on the ranch on the 1st weekend with these tags. As such, 3 hunters will be on the ranch the first weekend.

We have had this ranch several years now and have several success photos of bucks taken. We have harvested bucks in excess of 82. The largest we took last fall was 80+. Photos are on our website at:
www.newmexicobiggamehunting.com. Please search the galleries looking for Juan de Dios bucks. We also have a video of a hunt on this ranch for your viewing. This video can be found on the website on the videos and links page.You must see this buck.....we called him Knarly. The video is titled James and Sara at the Juan De Dios.

The price for the authorizations is $1,500 + NM Gross receipts tax of 7%. New Mexico licenses must be purchased on top of the fees mentioned above.

Please contact us @ JFWRC@comcast.net with your questions.

I will post JDD buck pictures immediately following. These bucks are all in excess of 80. The largest is 84, with 17.5 inches of horn.

THE TRUTH: We have been in drought out here in NM. I have inspected this ranch 1 time and cannot take outfitted hunters given the numbers to choose from which at that time was not many.I really think there are somewhere between 25-40 antelope on the ranch.

However, since my inspection, the ranch has been hammered with rain, tanks are full, grass is greening up fast. I expect that this ranch will recover quickly and will offer at least one quality buck. I will be heading out there again, early morning, mid to end of July to take a look again. We will allow pre-scouting of the ranch before season......just need to make arrangements with the owner.

Thank you AR.

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last years big buck-right at 80 with the broken prong

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is Knarly-on the video

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Point of Clarification-ITS RAINING BIG TIME NOW!

THE TRUTH: We have been in drought out here in NM. I have inspected this ranch 1 (THIS YEAR) time and cannot take outfitted hunters given the numbers to choose from which at that time was not many.I really think there are somewhere between 25-40 antelope on the ranch.

However, since my inspection, the ranch has been hammered with rain, tanks are full, grass is greening up fast. I expect that this ranch will recover quickly and will offer at least one quality buck. I will be heading out there again, early morning, mid to end of July to take a look again. We will allow pre-scouting of the ranch before season......just need to make arrangements with the owner.

Up to date pics will be taken and posted of bucks on this ranch mid July.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For Larry.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday's cruise from 8-12PM yielded 43 antelope counted........3 shooter bucks. Theses bucks were with the does which was weird. Made me think a big boy or two was still off by himself. AMAZING what a 4 inches or rain will do to grama grass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the shooter bucks.....after looking at this one through the scope for a bit, we thought he was gonna be 80ish. Video being done for CD's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both tags still available. Thanks AR-Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These tags have been sold. Thank AR-Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bo knows football...

Jim knows antelope!

Posts: 10371 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote