New
Find
Notify
Tools

TROPHY ELK - HUNT CANCELLATION
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Agent - Global Hunting Resources (Please email me at globalhunts@aol.com)

Outfitter - 2V Outfitters

This hunt takes place in what I believe is Colorado's BEST trophy elk hunting unit (40) on a fabulous 16,000 acre ranch / registered in the "Ranching For Wildlife" program. Thus the outfitter can legally offer trophy rifle elk hunts throughout September, early October.

Bulls on this ranch are consistently 350" - 370", and they have shot a few bulls over 390". Its truly a trophy elk hunt! I personally have an archery elk tag in this unit, on a different ranch owned by a good friend of mine. He and his wife shot two bulls on his ranch last year - 372" and 391" (with a bow). The area is a special place in Colorado for elk.

Dates: Sept. 30 - Oct. 4 (5 days / 1x1) 4 spots available - the entire group of 4 all backed out on the hunt.

Price: $15,000 each (Reduced to $12,500 each)

License: $570 (guaranteed tag)

Arrival Point: Grand Junction, Colorado. (Outfitter provides airport pickup)

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the $15k price per person?

Posts: 124 | Location: Zionsville, IN | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Hi Aaron

So, 4 hunters backed out of this hunt. Did they forfeit a deposit to be applied to a hunter picking up the hunt? I believe 15K is the full book price. I am interested at a lower fee. Just asking.

Respectfully

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is the $15k price per person?

I can't speak for Aaron but I'll bet that's per person. If it turns out to be for all four sign me up. I'm sure there are at least 3 other guys on AR who will be glad to fill the other three spots. Wink

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2327 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Would I be correct in understanding that 1 of 2 things happened?
1) 2V outfitters allowed someone to tie up $60k worth of hunts with no deposit?
Or
2) 2V outfitters booked $60k worth of hunts, secured with a deposit and are now trying to pocket the deposit (or pass refund on to original booker) by rebooking at full price?

It would be interesting to know which?

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Or
2) 2V outfitters booked $60k worth of hunts, secured with a deposit and are now trying to pocket the deposit (or pass refund on to original booker) by rebooking at full price?

My money would be on #2, but I would prefer that my money be on the #2 elk photo.

Posts: 773 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why must we assume that something nefarious or shady is up?

Perhaps they have told the original group of hunters that they would attempt to sell the hunt again at full price before they would refund the deposit to them; a bit tricky at this late date, but certainly possible and in no way unethical.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with JWM
If the outfitter is worthy he should try to sell them to help out his cancelled clients.
They maybe repeat clients with circumstances preventing them to hunt. At least he has some time to work it out. There are guys from AR that have booked hunts with some of our well known outfitters and backed out, some just not showing up. So not all theses members here are trustworthy after booking hunts.
So good luck on selling them and hopefully helping the cancelled hunters out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hunts are $15k each (I fixed that) and the outfitter did in fact let a group of 4 hunters reserve the spots without a deposit. She was a bit disappointed in herself for letting them do so, but she's a very nice rancher lady - and they themselves were repeat clients. Her ranch is spectacular elk hunting - anyone who takes one of these hunts will have a ball.

Even if they had put down deposits, most outfitters try if possible to re-book the hunts at full price. That way they can refund the client who cancelled. Nobody likes to keep someone's money if its not necessary.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

Perhaps they have told the original group of hunters that they would attempt to sell the hunt again at full price before they would refund the deposit to them; a bit tricky at this late date, but certainly possible and in no way unethical.

Who said anything about "shady or nefarious" wasn't your latter question covered in #2?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
quote:
Or

My money would be on #2, but I would prefer that my money be on the #2 elk photo.

Sir, it looks like you would have lost your money!

We all know what they say about assumptions, "they are the mother of all f**kups". Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
We all know what they say about assumptions, "they are the mother of all f**kups".

I thought the saying was "when you make an assumption you make an ass out of u and mption"?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Who said anything about "shady or nefarious" wasn't your latter question covered in #2?

You're absolutely correct! I guess I just misinterpreted the tone of your original post. My apologies.

I think I'm just too accustomed to the local Canadian gunsite I frequent; way too much bickering, and generally much less civilized than AR. Always en garde when posting.

I'll be more careful before shooting off my "mption" from now on. Smiler

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could this hunt be taken in mid September with rifle since it is on ranching for wildlife?

Posts: 72 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 29 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pheasantman:
Could this hunt be taken in mid September with rifle since it is on ranching for wildlife?

Normally yes, but the week they have open - is the one listed in this offer.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Aaron

Just noted that October 5 is the full moon. What affect will this have on the critters?

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don, really? NONE!!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
It was an honest question. I have killed 2 elk but in no way consider myself an elk hunter. Last one was in 2001. Here in the east, I can tell you that the moon does impact sika deer hunting in Maryland and IMO whitetail hunting in Virginia. Off topic, I go tarpon fishing in Central America twice a year. Always book during the dark of the moon. Wasn't sure about elk, thus my question. Thanks for your answer.

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
It was an honest question. I have killed 2 elk but in no way consider myself an elk hunter. Last one was in 2001. Here in the east, I can tell you that the moon does impact sika deer hunting in Maryland and IMO whitetail hunting in Virginia. Off topic, I go tarpon fishing in Central America twice a year. Always book during the dark of the moon. Wasn't sure about elk, thus my question. Thanks for your answer.

It's a very honest (and good) question....the Moon ABSOLUTELY effects Whitetails and many other animals..the Majors and Minor periods are great predictors of animal movement peaks. And you are absolutely correct in relation to tarpon fishing and others (tide movement and strength and timing)
During the Rut (as in mid Sept Elk or mid November Whitetail) different story. I mapped Guatemala catch rates to moon period and guess what?? STRONG Correlation to peak lunar periods and guess what..the day of a full moon activity drops significantly.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI Guys - these hunts have been reduced to $12,500 each, if anyone is interested??

Thank you,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com