THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Western Namibia Backpack Hunts - Further Discounted
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Western Namibia Backpack Hunts - Further Discounted
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted
This hunt can be booked for this season on the Gaingu Conservancy in Western Namibia. This conservancy is over 7,000 square kilometers (unfenced) and borders the Tsiseb Conservancy to the north.
The terrain is desert with some scrub brush and includes the Spitzkoppe Mountain.
The backpacking part of the trip is for the roadless Khan River Canyon portion of the conservancy.
Gert Van Der Walt will be the ph and the trip is offered through GVDM Safaris.
The backpack hunt will be five hunting days with two travel days included for a total of seven days. The daily rate is $2,350 1X1 and $1,925 2X1.
Animals offered and trophy fees are: kudu $1,200, Oryx $600, Springbuck $500, Warthog $550, Hartmann's Zebra $950, Burchell's Zebra $950, Klipspringer $900 and Steenbuck $400.
Pickup from the airport and transfer to the hunting area is included in the price.
Hunters will need to be in good physical condition to backpack into the desert. Also, long shots are a real possibility.
Above all, this hunt is for someone looking for more adventure than the normal plains game hunt, but without the dangerous game price tag.
Anyone interested can pm me their email address and I will send more information and references.
If anyone can go this year, Gert is offering a special deal which is 10-percent off of the daily rate and 15-percent off of the trophy fees. Also, after a trophy oryx is taken, cull oryx can be taken for $100 each.

Agent: Jim Riley
(770)310-3834
Cumming, GA
GoHuntAfrica@gmail.com
http://www.gvdwhuntingsafaris.com.na/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I assume you mean the entire daily rate is $2350 for five days and not $2350 per day.

Posts: 10335 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
Yes. Sorry about that.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Curious about the trophy prep and handling on such a trip. I guess this would also include meat handling, etc.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
Some of the meat will be eaten by the hunters. There will be two to three porters to take the meat and capes to pick up points.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted north west namibia, and all I can say is, get your big boy shorts on...because this won't be a walk in the park! (no pun intended)

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
You are correct. This will be a physically difficult hunt. But, the rewards will be great for those willing to accept the challenge. The scenery is magnificent, and Gert is a very competent backcountry guide.
Also, wouldn't it be cool to do a hunt with porters? Pith helmets are optional, but would be appropriate in this situation. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Gert in the past. He is a top notch PH IMO. I will hopefully be seeing him this summer.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1260 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dates available please...

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
The first two weeks of May or June are available. August 10-20 is available as well. Also, the first part of September, October and November 1-14 is available.

One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
These hunts are still open. PM me for more information.

One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
If anyone can go this year, Gert is offering a special deal which is 10-percent off of the daily rate and 15-percent off of the trophy fees. Also, after a trophy oryx is taken, cull oryx can be taken for $100 each.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
PM Sent

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote