THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    South Dakota Whitetail hunts both archery and rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Dakota Whitetail hunts both archery and rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Outfitter: Routier Outfitting

Location: NW South Dakota in Harding County. Closest towns would be Buffalo or Camp Crook

Weapons: Archery or Rifle

Species: Whitetail Deer

We have a really strong Whitetail deer herd right now with both population and a high number of bucks. Over the next few days I will be posting pictures of both trophies and some younger bucks that are showing potential. If you are looking for just a nice solid, mature Whitetail this might be the hunt for you.

Hunting Dates: Archery season is 9/27/2018 – 12/31/2018 and rifle season is 11/10/2018 – 11/25/2018 if the seasons open as they traditionally do.

License Deadline And Fees: Archery licenses are $286 and they are guaranteed even though you have to send in a application. There is no application deadline.
Rifle licenses are $560 in the first drawing and $286 in the second drawing. The first application deadline is April and the second application deadline is in July.

Prices And Packages: Archery hunts are five full days of hunting at $1500 for the hunt plus $1500 if you draw blood. + 6% South Dakota sales tax.
Rifle hunts are four full days of hunting at $3500 +6% South Dakota sales tax.

This includes all of your guides, lodging and meals. You stay right on the ranch in the lodge and have your own bedroom and share a bathroom. Meals are home cooked ranch style meals and occasionally restaurants. If you are allergic to anything or have special meal needs please let us know.

This will be spot and stalk, blind and tree stand hunting. We do have food plots just for the deer that are fenced out from the cattle. These hunts are all on private land working cattle ranches.

Randy Routier
701 US Highway 85
Buffalo, SD 57720
605 580 0601

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have had three archery Whitetail hunters so far this year with the below results.

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, nice Deer!

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the brow tines on the third one.

Posts: 72 | Location: grand rapids michigan usa | Registered: 28 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I apologize for such large pictures. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but they are kind of hard to see like this.I would be more than happy to e-mail pictures to anybody interested.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This next set of pictures are all from the same camera with some young guys that sure might grow up to be a shooter and one or two that don't look too bad already.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Routier:
I apologize for such large pictures. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but they are kind of hard to see like this.I would be more than happy to e-mail pictures to anybody interested.

Hi Randy;

If you are using Imgur, "edit" pics before you post them. You can select a smaller size!

Those deer look fantastic!

Best regards, Darin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you ma'am. I will try to post another one after editing the size and see if I can get it right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Randy do most rifle hunters draw a tag? What is the difference between the 2 draws besides a couple hundred dollars?

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Bob most rifle hunters do draw a license and if you don't, you automatically get a preference point and that seals the deal for next year. The more expensive license is good for any buck and is for private land only and statewide. The cheaper license is species and unit specific.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Can I just buy a preference point this year or next year? I'd like to do this when we get back in 2019 or 2021 to the states?

Seems like a good shot at a good buck.

What kind of success do guys have with a rifle? I am a disabled vet, and have problems with my back so I don't mess with bows.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am fairly certain you can buy just points for a couple of years but I have sent a information request to the game and fish and will let you know as soon as they reply.

Honestly with a rifle hunt the success rate is very high.You are going to see lots of deer with a legitimate chance at a solid representative of the species.

As far as your back problems we can sure taylor a hunt to meet your physical needs. Just tell us what works for you and we can make it happen.

Thank you much for your service.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Can I just buy a preference point this year or next year? I'd like to do this when we get back in 2019 or 2021 to the states?

What kind of success do guys have with a rifle? I am a disabled vet, and have problems with my back so I don't mess with bows.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had two rifle hunters this past week and this is what they got.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wyoming you can buy a preference point still this year and the deadline is December 15. If you are interested in doing so I can walk you right through the process.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Deer!

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You Much

quote:
Originally posted by Vaquero:
Nice Deer!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice deer Randy!!

I need to figure out a way to get to your place in 2018.

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Phil. If you have any questions, don't hesitate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look what we found and I do still have a couple hunts available.

One of Us
posted Hide Post