New
Find
Notify
Tools

May 2019 alaska grizzly
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
May 16-24 2019 (dates are not set in stone and may need to be moved)
Cost $12,000
License 160, tag 1000.
Spring grizzly hunt in Alaska’s interior. I do all my own guiding, just you and me in the mountians. Can be done as a base camp style hunt or as a backpacking hunt covering some ground. Bear numbers last spring looked good and we did well on bears. Both may bears were over 8’ bears which is above average. Typical bear will be between 7’-8’ with many variations in color. Normal hunt price is 16k but due to my schedule this is seven full days of hunting instead of eight days so I have discounted the price.

Here are the photos from May hunts in 2018. We had a late spring and more snow than normal. Expect mostly dirt on this may time frame.

Drop me a text or email if interested. Also booking this hunt and other grizzly hunts out in 2020 and 2021 as well.
Jake jefferson
907-414-9471
Brhc1911@yahoo.com
Big lake Alaska

20 years guiding in Alaska.
References if you want them as well. Google me too.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Toklat bears!

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunt moved to 2020
New cost is $16,000

Master guide #212

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jake,

what kind of caliber do you recommend for these grizzly hunts ? Would 300 Win Mag do fine ?

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Morten, no big double rifle? :-)

Posts: 20091 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Morten,

I've hunted with Jake. He's top notch. Your 300 Win Mag is perfect. He doesn't like the Short Mag---he says they like to jam a little bit too much IHO.

FYI--- I killed my grizzly with a 375 Ruger but I did a baited hunt---shot was at 100 yards.

Posts: 599 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Jake

What about old fat guys. We like those baited hunts Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Morten, no big double rifle? :-)

Jon,
too heavy to hold and carry for an old man like me … In Africa I have a different solution to the problem … Big Grin

Just kidding - I hoped that the 300 Win Mag in my new Blaser will do the job.

Morten

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I could join Colorado Bob in a fat man hunt too… Cool tu2

I just want to get my grizz after my Canuck stories …

Morten

One of Us
posted Hide Post
But I must say that the photoes shows a tempting surroundings for a grizzly hunt… Would love to experience such a hunt on foot.. no more horses for me after my Canuck story...

Morten

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob with the cost and time it takes to maintain those baits I’m not gonna be able to do them anymore. There wasn’t enough interest to make them work anyway.

The 300 win mag is a fantastic grizzly round. One of my favorites!

Master guide #212

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Maybe you can take me back to get a grayling. LOL