New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is available in Botswana
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yo! I check out this site daily and have been on some fantastic hunts because of it. Looking to do a few more, of course.

Right now I am looking to do a few more hunts on my bucket list. Places that I have never hunted.

I would like to do a hunt in Botswana. I am caught up (thank goodness .. I have not wasted the previous years) on the Big 4.

So, I reckon, maybe an eland hunt on a low fenced ranch? Maybe do that for ten days and maybe some tiger fishing after or go have a look at the Okavango.

I also have a couple of hunting companions who have the poor judgement to want to hunt with me again.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RJohnson
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Nkwe Safaris
US booking agent posts here, most recent post below
http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/8331098562
He offers some fantastic free range plains game hunts.

Posts: 68 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 14 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I had a great plains game hunt with Bokomoso. Took a 60 in kudu and a serious Eiland. Nice facilities.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Tholo Safaris.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13427 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scruffy,

All PG hunting as such other than as secondary to the Big 4 is conducted on high fenced property as per Botswana law. Having said that the properties that have been mentioned here are large and the hunting very good. I personally have been on Tholo and have had some clients there. It is excellent!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I will second Tholo
Huge ranch and ton of game and not easy either

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Both in quanity and quantity, Jaco Viser's NKWE Safaris has the best plains game I have seen in my years coming to Africa.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal did you hunt tholo before?

Posts: 625 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Don’t know if it matters to the original poster but my wife loved Tholo. She went out with me about half the time but was just as happy hanging out in camp watching all the wildlife at the waterhole.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13427 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Just back yesterday from Bokomosa... fun plains game hunt with excellent quality. High-fenced but not a gimme hunt, had to work at it because of extremely thick thorn bush but excellent quality of trophies, took my best kudu and gemsbok to date. Also saw an abundance of cats, African wild cats, cheetah, leopard and lion so fences are porous and game is turned on!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Congrats Russell! tu2 Glad to hear that your longstanding kudu addiction has been temporarily satisfied with the best kudu in your ongoing African hunting career! Any pics?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
I was just looking at the Bokomosa site & they have a photo of Asian/Indian Elephant in one of the photos, a slip up I presume lol ?

Are they a Spanish Company as I see a few Spanish names in there ?

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back on 23 Jun from my 3rd trip to the Tuli Block with Gerhard Koch of Koch Safaris.

This last trip was with my wife and another guy who'd hunting there before. All 3 of us did pure culling hunts. Wife and I did just 6 full hunting days and then 10-day self-drive road trip around Bots and the friend stayed for 5-6 more days of hunting and came back on his own.

I'm heading back again on 1 Aug with a couple more friends. One will be on his first "safari" ever and doing combined PG trophy and cull hunting and the rest of us will be pure culling again.

Gerhard's place is called Saas Post and is about 250K acers. LOTS of PG and a few leopard and something like 400 giraffe just in one 40k acre sub block.

A bit of a "correction" - Gerhard also has a 2m acre concession (CT 27) on the N. end of the Tuli Block. The original tender was for only 3 elephant and two leopard. He took all 3 elephant in under 6-weeks with three different clients. First one (70#+) was two weeks before we arrived at the beginning of June. Second one was while we were culling (65#+) and two leopard two-days apart. Third elephant (65#+) was just two weeks ago while we were flying home. All three were taken within the first 4-days of the hunt.

He knows he will have CT 27 again next year, just not certain of the quota at this point. This batch sold for $27.5K each. It was so low because the general expectation for elephant in that area was only in the 25-45 lb. class. He's now seen a good number of elephant well above 50# and expect prices to be a bit higher for next year.

Posts: 573 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Gusteaux: Congrats on the successful cull hunt. Some day I’d like to do that in Namibia with Jan at Sebra Hunting Safaris. I’ve run out of room for trophies, but still need to get my fix of hunting with Jan and Mariesje. Will you be heading over to Kamanjab later this year, or are you strictly hunting in Botswana?

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote