New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benin Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks information on our Hunts in Benin for 2022.

Daily rate in Euros:
8 hunting days: 1x1 basis 9,500 €
10 hunting days: 1x1 basis 11,000 €
12 hunting days: 1x1 basis 14,500 € (Double buffalo)

Price Includes:
• Meet and greet in Cotonou and assistance with clearing of rifles
• All meals
• Soft drinks, tea, coffee, bottled water
• Beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages in moderation
• Field preparation of trophies
• Local Hunting guide and team
• 4 WD hunting vehicle

Does not include:

• Observer 275 € /day
• Trophy fees
• First preparation and dip and pack 500 €
• Packing and export paperwork 400 €
• Rifle permit 200 €/rifle
• Gun rental 50 €/day + ammunition
• Transfer to camp and anti poaching fund 500 €/person (approximately 9 hours each way by road)
• Hotels and meals outside camp
• Tips to guide and staff
• Alcoholic beverages above included amount. Included 4 beer, 1 bottle of wine and 2
spirits per day OR 6 beer and 1 bottle of wine.
• Second Buffalo on 8 or 10 hunting days – 2,800 upcharge + 2,000 trophy fees

Trophy Fees in Euros:

Western Savannah buffalo 1000, 2nd buff 2000
Western Roan 950
Sing Sing Waterbuck 1000
Western Hartebeest 950
Harnessed Bushbuck 550
Bohor Reedbuck 600
Warthog 450
Baboon 250
Oribi 350
Red flanked duiker 350

Quota allowed:

8 hunting days: 1 buff, 1 roan, 3 other species (select from Bushbuck, reedbuck, warthog, baboon, oribi and red flanked duiker). Total - 5 animals
10 hunting days: 1 buff, 1 roan, 4 other species (select from Bushbuck, reedbuck, warthog, baboon, oribi and red flanked duiker). Total - 6 aniamls
12 hunting days: 2 buff, 1 roan, 1 waterbuck, 1 hartebeest and 5 other species (select from Bushbuck, reedbuck, warthog, baboon, oribi and red flanked duiker). Total - 10 animals

Getting there:

Daily flights from Paris to Cotonou, where you will be met at the airport and assisted with
clearing of rifles and transfer to hotel. The following day you will depart for camp

Currently there is just one hunting area operating in Benin. To give some back story I have organised hunts in this part of the world (mostly next door in Burkina) for many years and taken more American clients to Burkina Faso than all other American agents combined. When I first found out about Burkina, exactly 6 Americans had ever hunted there and I used to run an advert saying more Americans had walked on the moon (12 at that point) than had hunted in Burkina. I have hunted out of the same camp in Benin with clients when it was owned by a previous concession owner. The hunting areas in Burkian where we hunted and Benin is exactly 50 miles apart. I have checked it on the GPS myself so its pretty much the same terrain and conditions, except for the International border in between. As all hunting is now closed in Burkina thanks to the jihadist problems there Ishmael our main PH from Burkina is now hunting in Benin. While his English is minimal He is an excellent PH and has guided several American clients including many here on AR. He is also featured in the video made by Craig Boddington, which is posted on Youtube.

The new concession owner has appointed me as his exclusive agent for North American clients and has sent me photos from his current season to promote his hunts along with his latest prices which I have posted above. If anyone is interested in booking a hunt there or have any questions please get in touch with me.

Thanking you for your time.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
What months are these hunts available, or better yet what is the best month to hunt?

Those trophy fees make this a very attractive offer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike the season runs from January to April, January and February are the cooler months, March onwards starts getting hot until the rains come, but the hunting is very good. Yes the trophy fees are very reasonable. By far the best value for money for a wild buffalo hunt. And I can tell you from first hand experience these smaller Savannah buffalo are pretty tough and can be just as cantankerous as their bigger cousins.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
What months are these hunts available, or better yet what is the best month to hunt?

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
Mike the season runs from January to April, January and February are the cooler months, March onwards starts getting hot until the rains come, but the hunting is very good. Yes the trophy fees are very reasonable. By far the best value for money for a wild buffalo hunt. And I can tell you from first hand experience these smaller Savannah buffalo are pretty tough and can be just as cantankerous as their bigger cousins.

quote:

i truely agree and if you have the chance to try a forest one that some call dwarf you will see pound for pound that they worth there weight of fight ...

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those dwarf forest buffalo are totally different to the Savannah buff and are shot at a distance of feet and that too at a target that you don't see completely most times! So really very dangerous. The outfitter told me that he will judge a clients shooting abilities before tracking buffalo, as its just too dangerous to muck around with.

quote:
Originally posted by medved:
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:

quote:

i truely agree and if you have the chance to try a forest one that some call dwarf you will see pound for pound that they worth there weight of fight ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Arjun

Is it save to go there? A few days a go three journalist were killed by jihadist in the border with BF.

Regards,
Bharal76

Posts: 136 | Location: Madrid - Spain | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Burkina is a no go at the moment and that's where the journalists were ambushed. For the last two seasons the hunting in Benin has gone off smoothly without any problems touchwood. Benin is doing its best to ensure that the problems stay the other side of the border. For that matter there is no problem also in Ghana, Ivory Coast and Togo which all border Burkina!

Word is that the president is building a 5 star tourism lodge in or close to Pendjari Park where you hunt, so for sure that area will be further protected.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bharal76:
Hi Arjun

Is it save to go there? A few days a go three journalist were killed by jihadist in the border with BF.

I am hearing that we wiped out some of the Boco Haram. I’m hoping and assuming it was in BF as a result of the journalist being killed

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does not include:

• Observer 275 € /day
• Trophy fees
• First preparation and dip and pack 500 €
• Packing and export paperwork 400 €
• Rifle permit 200 €/rifle
• Gun rental 50 €/day + ammunition
• Transfer to camp and anti poaching fund 500 €/person (approximately 9 hours each way by road)
• Hotels and meals outside camp
• Alcoholic beverages above included amount. Included 4 beer, 1 bottle of wine and 2
spirits per day OR 6 beer and 1 bottle of wine.
• Second Buffalo on 8 or 10 hunting days – 2,800 upcharge + 2,000 trophy fees

Please clarify:

- Transfer to camp charges Euro 500 per person is understood as drive in and drive out or each way which would amount to Euro 1000.

- Tips to Guide and Staff: an approximate figure per day or per hunt as a guideline.

- Alcoholic beverages: How do you quantify 2 spirits .. 2 single tots or 2 doubles or 2 miniatures?

- The criteria on the applied surcharge for a second Buffalo as you have already indicated Euro 2000 for the second one.

Thanks.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pay close attention to the rules for posting hunts or you risk incurring the wrath of Saeed. Wink

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2327 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote