Notify
Tools

UK Fallow and Reds in the Rut 2011.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Guys,

I've decided that I need to put something together to get the deer stalking rolling as I've been so busy with the bird hunts that the deer are getting neglected!!

I have availability in Norfolk on the Quidenham Estate from the 13th October 2011 for a chance at a big Red Stag. The Reds should be rutting by this time and we are talking about BIG reds that are 100% wild. These are not park deer, nor are they similar to their Scottish hill cousins. I'm suggesting a 3 day hunt on the Red Stags preceded by a three day Fallow Deer hunt. Should you wish to look for a really big red then I would advise that we amend the itinerary here and add another three hunting days on for the Reds.

I thought I would do a special for AR members to kick this off where I would accompany the hunter for his full time in the UK personally, and offer the chance at a Fallow buck for trophy fees of £0 on my own ground in Tunbridge Wells Sussex. You will also be able to shoot as many cull fallow as you are lucky enough to see over three days. I will guide the hunt myself for the first part on the Fallow and transport the hunter upto the Quidenham Estate for the three days on the Reds. In Norfolk I will stay with the hunter and generally assist.

The hunter can bring his own rifle and I will arrange all paper work in advance.

My suggestion is as follows:

Arrive 9th October and hunt Fallow Deer in the afternoon. I will collect you from the airport and transfer you to lodging near to my house or the shoot subject to clients preference.

10th-12th Oct: Hunt Fallow Deer morning and afternoon. Each outing will last 2-3 hours starting at first light and ending at last light. You may shoot any cull animals that present themselves (males only will be in season) and one trophy head. I will make a decision on the trophy if it is suitable as we want to shoot an old buck rather than a promising 4yo youngster. We will also try calling or rattling the bucks in with some antlers from last season.

On the evening of the 12th we will drive up to Norfolk which is approximately 2 hours away.

We will use pub accommodation or a cottage and hunt reds between the 13th to the 15th. Also on this land there will be the opportunity to shoot Roe Bucks and Muntjac.

Trophy fees will be as follows:

Red Stag: £120/point. I would recommended that this is an opportunity to shoot a real big stag so I would be looking for 14pts and upwards as a guide. It has been known to see some animals where you struggle to count accurately!!

Roe Buck £100-£275*
Muntjac Buck £100- £200*

* The exact price of the deer will be given to the client and agreed when the stalker evaluates it in the field.

So for good orders sake here are the main points as required by the forum rules:

1) Price is £2,200 (usually this would be close to £3,000)
2) All Fallow Trophies Included and 6 outings on the Fallow in Sussex.
3) 6 Outings hunting Red stags in Norfolk Trophy fees £120/Point
4) Opportunity in Norfolk to also take Roe and Muntjac. Trophy Fees above.
5) All Transport from the airport and to the airport
6) All transport in between to and from the hunt locations.
7) Food is not included in the price. As a rule we tend to eat in pub restaurants so budget £20-£40 per day to include breakfast lunch and dinner depending on your appetite and culinary requirements...Wink
8) Price includes VAT of 20% on relevant parts of the hunt.
9) All trophy fees are subject to VAT of 20%, (SORRY!!)
10) Visitors Firearms permit is included, alternatively estate rifles can be made available.

Address:
Athina Hunting Tours
1st Floor, 106-108 High St
West Wickham
Kent
England
BR4 0ND

Tel: 0044 (0) 20 8123 8263

I think that covers it all,

Rgds,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote