Tools

2019-2020 Sonora Mexico Mule Deer Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted
Outfitter: Manuel Maldonado

The following are offers for the 2019-2020 hunting season

Hunts takes place through the months of december, january and first week of february
I have several ranches leased all within 1-1.5 hours from the city of Hermosillo, you will be staying in a comfortable ranch house, with clean beds, hot and cold running water and home cooked meals by one of my cooks, deer are fed and water is provide to make sure they stay in the area during the season and roads are kept in good shape.
The plan is having 2-4 hunters in camp depending on the ranch, this means that if you can come with a group you put together and have the hunting area for your party or share camp with other fellow hunters if booking individually.

The hunting package includes:

- 6 full hunting days, plus an arrival and departure day, hunters can hunt on these days depending on time
- All paperwork required for your hunt: licenses, contracts, tags etc.
- Gun import permit (good for two guns)
- Transportation from Hermosillo airport to the ranch and back after the hunt (pickups in Arizona can be arranged if required)
- Lodging throughout the hunt in a ranch house with clean beds, hot and cold running water, generator electricity etc.
- Use of a high rack 4x4 vehicle, a guide and a driver per hunter
- Meals and snacks prepared by our professional cooks (classic breakfasts, traditional mexican fare, steaks, carne asada,seafood etc) (food can be tailored to the needs or preferences of the hunter)
- Drinks: (brewed coffee, bottled water, soft drinks, juice, beer etc) (Spirits can be provided in moderation) (again it can be tailored as required)
- Basic trophy prep for your trip back(clean skulls or skull caps, cleaned and prepared capes with the required paperwork)
- Javelinas, coyotes, varmints etc.

Not included
- Hotels before or after the scheduled dates of the hunt
- taxidermy done in Sonora
- Gratuities for the staff (optional and up to the hunter)
- Export of your trophy if required ( if your deer is shot on the departing morning were it would need to stay and either be taken by myself or an export broker which I can hire)
- Extra deer taken

Total price of the hunt is $9000
For the first 3 bookings we can do a $7000 hunt with a $2000 kill fee
If deer movement or activity is low during those days in a camp after some days a change of camp or moving to another ranch to hunt can be arranged with no extra cost. (Main reason I keep my ranches close)

I stay in camp for the whole duration of the hunt and join the hunters on the high rack and at camp to spend time with them and make sure everything runs smoothly. Some of my staff members speak english and can help as translators in your high rack. My non english speaking staff are experienced dealing with english speaking hunters and have always worked well with past hunters.

On the extra animals taken:
If available an extra trophy mule deer can be shot on a kill fee basis for 4000-5000 depending on the ranch.
Management deer can be shot if available on a 1500-2000 fee
Coues deer can be shot if available on the ranch for a 2000 fee

Realistic trophy expectations are for a mature deer in the 170”-190” class deer, bigger deer are seen every year and we have taken a couple of exceptional deer, there is always the chance of shooting a 190”-210” plus animal in our areas. The wide genetics many hunters search for are present and a 30” in plus deer is a definite possibility, we shot a 39” wide deer last season and we have seen several 30”-34” deer in the past.

These are pictures of deer taken with us in the past

31" wide 195"

39" wide 203"

Any doubt, comment or question feel free to pm me, e-mail me or ask through this thread, thanks!

My contact:
93manuelenrique@gmail.com
(01152)6622067759
Paseo del Parque #68, col. Valle Grande
Hermosillo, Sonora 83205

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
BTT

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote