Tools

Late Season Leopard Safari
 Login/Join

Picture of Shaun Buffee Safaris
posted

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Shaun is an absolute expert with dangerous game. Plus, Shaun is a great PH to be around and to hunt with. If Shaun has taken the time to check this out thoroughly, then someone is going to kill a big tom if they can shoot straight! Shaun: Is Danielle going to video the hunt?

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Just write the stuff down
Easier on everyone

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Vaughn, I appreciate the vote of confidence. Depending on dates, Danielle may be available to film the hunt.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaun Buffee Safaris:
Vaughn, I appreciate the vote of confidence. Depending on dates, Danielle may be available to film the hunt.

You need to post the details here, not a link to a PDF.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68770 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Shaun several times and going again in 2019. Highly recommend him, somebody should jump on this offer!

Posts: 78 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Late Season Leopard Safari - Cawston Ranch, Zimbabwe

We have a leopard tag available for this season, that had been reserved and then moved to next season. I have managed to free up some time, and would like to hunt this tag.

A few notes re the hunt.

- We only want to target suitable leopard i.e. older than five years old.
- I will guide the safari.
- Given the nature of the older toms in the area, this hunt should only be considered as a hound hunt.
- Late season is not the best time to hunt leopard although this risk is mitigated by pre-baiting, as well as the area has an excellent road network, using the hounds will help.

Background to the hunt - I took over the tag late in the season, my tracker and I spent three weeks earlier in the year scouting and getting an idea of what the quality of the leopard was before we committed to the tag.
There are lots of leopard, we found three big “shootable” males, two that seemed to be resident and then one that moved in and out. That said I have no doubt we will get on a big leopard in ten days of hunting.
This is cheapest leopard option I have ever offered; Ideally I would like a hunter who is after a big leopard but also who is prepared to bring someone else along who normally would not afford a safari.
Cawston offers excellent leopard opportunity as well as great plains game, this would be the perfect chance for an observer to tag along, on an exciting safari and hunt plains game along the way.It is a considerable reduction in pricing of this package it would be nice if it benefitted someone less fortunate as well.

Hunt pricing is:
10-day safari - Total cost $13,500.00
$6,000.00 refund if leopard not taken.
Five-day pre-bait included, PH vehicle trackers (baits not included).
*Note only zebra to be used for bait - this is a personal experience, we switched to only using zebra for bait about six years ago and our average has improved.

Plains game available:
Kudu $2,200.00
Eland $2,000.00
Wildebeest $1,300.00
Giraffe $2,300.00
Warthog $ 750.00
Bush pig $ 750.00
Impala $ 450.00
Civet $ 700.00
Duiker $450
Steenbok $850
Zebra $1350
Monkey $100
Porcupine $350
Genet $400
Wildcat $450
Jackal $300

Not included in the hunt package – cost of hounds ($6,000.00), National Parks Scout ($50.00 per day – only until the leopard is hunted), National Parks Permit to hunt with hounds ($1,600.00), Observer rate ($250.00 per day).
Email: info@shaunbuffeesafaris.com Website: www.shaunbuffeesafaris.com