Notify
Tools

2017 Sable priced in ZAR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted
Good day fellow hunters

I am currently helping a friend to get some of his old Sable bulls hunted.
The hunt will be conducted under my company name and outfitters permit. For any inquiries please feel free to contact me at.

Bossie Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+2771152841

7 x Full hunting days @ R3750.00 per day
1 x Mature Sable bull between 37" and 42" @ R60000.00

Accommodation Includes
01. Service of a Licensed Professional Hunter
02. The service of trained trackers
03. The service of trained skinners
04. Hunting vehicle
05. Field preparation of trophies
06. Accommodation, meals and soft drinks as well as beer and wine in moderation
07. Daily laundry service
08. Transfer by road from international airports to camp

Accommodation do not include
01. All air travel before and after the contracted period of the Safari
02. Accommodation and travel charges incurred before and after the contracted period of the Safari
03. Trophy fees for animals taken or wounded
04. All air charters
05. Gratuities to Professional hunters and other staff members
06. Preparation, packing, documentation and export of trophies
07. Rifle hire and ammunition

Posts: 606 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
$275/day and $4410 trophy fee is quite a bargain. How big of an area are you hunting?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
$275/day and $4410 trophy fee is quite a bargain. How big of an area are you hunting?

Hi Frank

These animals are on three farms, the smallest one of the three is 1800ha and the biggest one is 3500ha.

Posts: 606 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the confirmed bookings and requests.

I have 3 Sable bulls left on this quota for 2017. The hunts are selling quick, if anyone else is interested please feel free to send me an email to discuss details.

Kind Regards
Bossie

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I still have one Sable left for this year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Available Hunting Dates

01 to 29 April
23 to 31 May
11 to 17 June
01 to 10 July
20 to 31 July
01 to 12 August
01 to 14 September
18 to 31 October
01 to 30 November
01 to 30 December

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two Sable bulls taken sofar.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got home from doing this hunt, and had a great time. I booked it for 10 days so I could hunt some other things. The second day I shot one of the cull zebras they offered, and got a really nice sable on the third day. Then we started doing some night hunting. That was mostly new to me, as I had just done a little night predator calling when I lived in Texas. I got bushbuck, civet, duiker, and honey badger over the next few nights. I still had 2 days left, so we hunted mountain reedbuck but only saw females. I took two Ruger #1s on this trip, a 7x57 and a 9.3x62. I ended up shooting everything except the bushbuck with the 9.3x62, as it had a Leupold 2.5-8X Vari-X III that worked better at night that the Zeiss 2-7X on the 7x57.

The area has lots of animals to hunt after you get a sable. We saw some really nice waterbuck bulls and at least a half dozen good kudu bulls up to about 56-57 inches. The food and accommodations were excellent. Bossie and Henriette Mostert made sure I had an excellent hunt. I also made a 6-day trip to Kruger National Park after I was done hunting. That was also a lot of fun and I met some great people.

One of Us
posted Hide Post