THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Remaining Chete Quota for sale and area report 2019.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remaining Chete Quota for sale and area report 2019.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As many of you know we are hunting Chete from our all new camp on the gorge lip that we have renamed the Chete Gorge Luxury Lodge!! All new kitchen, chalets, bar area and a like new pool all done. we are still adding upgrades to our staff quarters and other support buildings but we are 100% ready for hunters. I have 2 late September Buffalo left on quota and some plains game that can be added to the hunt the price is $10,000.00 with the discounted fee of $3500 paid back in the highly unlikely event that you would not take a bull. I am sure in this arena someone will chime in and say that Chete is shot over or heavily poached and to them I say BS!! So in pre-response I am going to outline what I saw on my personal scouting trip and how I conducted my scouting and am including some pictures of game and the areas. I rented Martin Pieter's Abangane 65 foot house boat which picked me up at Sijarira Lakeside Camp and we sailed to all three major river chains flowing out of Chete, The Senkwe on the west border, The Ruzi pretty much in the center and the Siamwenda on the east side. We were and still are working on the road system so I felt I could get where few could by road using the rivers, the lake was very high and we were able to go miles inland. What I saw surpassed my expectations the first night we had a LARGE group of buffalo water near the boat about 75 strong a much larger group than I expected to encounter. We saw eland, Waterbuck, Zebra and many other species watering near us in numbers that again were surprising and from my view point outstanding! There were hundreds of hippo and literally thousands of crocs from 1 footers to a huge 15 or 16 foot monster we saw repeatedly laying on a small sand beach. We moved to the Chete harbor next to see the renovations ongoing and to look the camp area over where we found again abundant plains game. We next moved to the Ruzi which is where things got really interesting again buffalo came to the bay area where we tied up but not just 1 group MANY groups came from both side of the river in numbers I estimated to be about 500 in all. There were again loads of croc and hippo and unlike the west side 100's of Ele came to water some as close as 100 yards. The Ruzi Bay is about 5000 acres so you can see an enormous amount of shoreline but that was still a lot of game. I have posted a picture below of a group of ele that we really need to get some hunters on the group was about 15 in all but 5 or 6 were pure tuskless so I Am offering a Tuskless 7 day hunt for $12500 all in while we have quota available. Our last camp site was on the Siamwenda again I saw buffalo, hippo, croc and plainsgame watering and 1 45 inch (best guess) eland bull that was the largest mature bull I have seen ever. We used small boats to access each of the rivers daily and did some walk abouts all very productive and each time we encountered some type of dangerous game including a glimpse of a lion about 15k up the Ruzi. We found abundant leopard spoor in almost every sand stream bed we walked and a couple of time found the lions track as well. I was not hunting for anything in particular and spent my afternoons fishing but my scout was significant and as I stated the area is in good shape and the anti poaching patrols are kicking Zambian butts! Take a look at he picture and if anyone is interested give ma a call or send a mail I will respond and will guarantee you won't be disappointed with our efforts at camp and with Chete. She is coming back and will be one of Zim's best in years to come. We are booking for 2020 as well and I can provide a list of what is available on request. PHS are varied depending on dates but my go to guy will always be Mike Blignaut he has been with us since acquiring Chete and knows all the springs and seeps across the area.

PS There was an unexpected culinary bonus this trip and that was the enormous crayfish, some as long as 14 inches, that we caught in the hundreds and had with every dinner while on Kariba! SS

SAFARISEAN

Posts: 180 | Location: KC MO> | Registered: 31 December 2011Reply With Quote