Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Trophy Antelope Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello:

My name is Jim Welles. I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. My phone number is 505.294.7861. I have been a registered outfitter in NM for 17+ years.

We have 3 great ranches with spots available for the 2012 fall pronghorn antelope season. All of these ranches have good trophy potential.

Number 1, we have the Santa Rosa Ranch, (7 miles east of Santa Rosa Rosa) 7000 deeded acres, 2 spots only, priced at $3,000 + NM Gross Receipts Tax, FULLY OUTFITTED. This ranch produced an 88 gross in 2008 and many 80ish type bucks since. Meals, lodging, 2x1 guiding, and LO permit are included in this package. Transport to Santa Rosa is the hunters responsibility. State license fee of $300 is the responsibility of the hunter. This hunt will take place Sept 8-10 in 2012.

Number 2, we have the Juan de Dios Ranch is 10 miles south of Santa Rosa. This unit is 18,000 deeded, 4,000 state lease. We have been providing 4 private and 1 public hunt on this ranch for the last 6 years. This year we are cutting it down to (2) private and 1 public to offer greater trophy potential. This ranch produced an 83+ in 2010 and several 80+ over the past 5 years. This ranch is also priced a $3,000 + NM Gross Receipts tax, FULLY OUTFITTED. Meals, lodging, 2x1 guiding, and LO permit are included in this package. Transport to Santa Rosa is the hunters responsibility. State license fee of $300 is the responsibility of the hunter. This hunt will take place Sept 8-10 in 2012.

Number 3 and the last ranch to mention is a one we picked up last fall and we are way glad we did. We've been hunting the Rio Hondo for Barbary and deer over the last several years and are very pleased to secure the antelope hunting as well. This unit is located just west of Roswell and produced 3 decent bucks last fall with one going in the high 70's last year. We have the only 3 openings on this ranch as well. The larger Rio is 140,000 acres with 100,000 deeded. This ranch is lifeblood of SE NM hunting with the Rio Hondo River traversing its large acreage. The cost of this hunt is $2,500 + NM Gross Receipts tax. This hunt is guided 2x1 until the first tags out, then its 1x1. The Rio Hondo Lodge is provided for the antelope hunters. This lodge has a full kitchen, dining, and great room with pool table and big screen TV. Meals, state license fee and transport are the responsibility of the hunter. This hunt will take place Sept 15-17 in 2012.

I will be following up pictures of bucks harvested on these ranches in the next few posts. Thank you AR.

Jim

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Santa Rosa Ranch 88 Gross in 2008.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan De Dios Ranch, 83.5 taken in 2010

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rio Hondo Buck taken in 2011

One of Us
posted Hide Post
82.5 inch buck, Juan De Dios

One of Us
posted Hide Post
79.5 inch Buck, Juan de Dios

One of Us
posted Hide Post
80 inch buck Santa Rosa Ranch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Knarley 81 inch buck, Juan De Dios

One of Us
posted Hide Post
78-79 inch from the Santa Rosa with Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rio Hondo Buck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
81 at Juan De Dios

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rio Hondo Lodge

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan De Dios 2008

one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
All,

Three of us (my wife, myself, and a mutual friend) booked hunts on the Rio Hondo with Jim last September.

The accomodations were clean and comfortable, the guides were both knowledgeable and personable,and the goats were plentiful and handsome.

Jim's organization is efficient and capable, and our experience was as trouble-free as anyone could reasonably hope (a busted alternator belt put us out of action for maybe an hour!). We all had a blast; I'll happily book with his outfit again!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 608 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind words Mark-

Jimbo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prongs that make a big difference in scoring.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These hunts are still available. If anyone out there is interested, please let us know. We are willing to work with folks. Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim runs a good outfit and is honest. You will have a good time and kill a nice antelope.

Posts: 10263 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you dogcat. Hope you are doing well.

I am pleased to report the 2 Juan de Dios hunts are sold. Thanks AR. Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 2 Santa Rosa and 3 Rio Hondo pronghorn hunts are still availableSmiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As mentioned above, the 2 Santa Rosa and 3 Rio Hondo Hondo are still available. NM Draw results are out May 9. The Santa Rosa produces good quality buck every year and its perfect for you and your hunting bud. The Rio Hondo is truly an awesome ranch. You will enjoy seeing all the wildlife on this place......including the Aoudad/Barbary that roam its boundaries. See the ad about this hunt on AR as well. Thanks much AR. Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the draw results posted, the 2 Santa Rosa are gone. The 3 Rio Hondo hunts are all that we have left at this time. Jimbo