New
Find
Notify
Tools

Central Texas Dove Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a couple of locations between Bangs, TX and Brownwood, TX, fairly near town. There are Whitewings and Mourning Doves. This is over plowed fields and some dove weed with a few sunflowers around. Water and agriculture nearby also.

I'm available opening day, Sept 1, which is on a Wed this year, as well as opening weekend and later dates in Sept and Oct as well.

The cost is $50.00 per day per hunter and I do morning hunts as well as evening. Some nearby outfitters do not do morning hunts, so I am available for that.

Arrangements can be made for bbq served in the field at an additional cost and I can make some recommendations on nearby lodging. There are several new hotels in Brownwood, about 10-15 min from the fields. Sizes of the fields vary from 30 acres to 160 acres.

Contact me for more information.

Ryan Campbell

979 777 1725

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in this hunt; could you pm me with details please?

Posts: 231 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, how many shots could a person expect in a day?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there a discount for youth hunters? This sounds like what I have been looking for. I am very interested.

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Calgary,
I dont' really have an accurate way to answer that question. It depends on how many other hunters are in the field as well. Having more hunters in the field actually helps you because it keeps the doves flushed and moving. There are a lot of them in the area so a good shotgunner should get his limit (15). How many shots that takes is up to that hunter...haha.

Riverman,
This is a fairly low price as it is. I don't have a lot of "wiggle room" here. However, if there were enough adult hunters in the group, I might be able to work something out.

Wrenchmaster,
PM sent.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. You are right, this is a good price. I am trying to get a group together but if not, it will just be me and my son.

Do we need to send a deposite or just let you know?

Also would a Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening, and a Sunday morning constitute two or three days of hunting.

Right now I am planning to arrive in time to hunt Friday evening and leave after the Sunday morning hunt.

Thanks,

Chris

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Technically it's 3 days but since you're a fellow AR member and such a nice guy and all, I can see my way to count it as 2 days.
Just don't tell anyone...

A deposit would be good if you had a group coming but we can discuss that issue also. Best bet is to call me though. My time infront of the computer is fairly limited during the week.

Thanks.

Ryan
979 777 1725

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am now booked for opening day (Wed Sept 1) but have the first weekend still open.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been asked several times about lodging. There are quite a few hotels in Brownwood which is less than 10 miles away. Quite a few of these hotels are fairly new. La Quinta, Hampton Inn, Comfort Inns, etc.