Find
Notify
Tools

Cow elk hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chas257
posted
Looking for suggestions for a three or four day cow elk hunt in either Montana or Wyoming for the 2021 or 2022 seasons.

Posts: 243 | Location: Lake Linden Mi | Registered: 18 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Suggest you open your list up to include New Mexico. I've had a quality experience there on a cow hunt.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chas257
posted Hide Post
Will do Matt, in fact my wife and I are driving down this coming May; it’s the 200 anniversary of the Santa Fe Trail & we thought we’d take in some of the festivities that are being offered along the way.

Posts: 243 | Location: Lake Linden Mi | Registered: 18 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Colorado either. I've had good luck there on a number of occasions.

NRA Life Memebr

Posts: 91 | Location: Holt, Michigan | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony Piscopo, at Continental Divide Outfitters in Montana. I've done this type of hunt a couple of times with him and he is a gentleman who will treat you fairly and will work his butt off to get you an elk. I'll be going back, guaranteed, if the Yahoo Virus panic ever eases up.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chas257
posted Hide Post
Tony was the person I was thinking of, if memory serves me correctly he posted pictures of his place a couple of years ago.. made contact with him in 2017 or 18, my hunting partner at the time ended up with mantel cell lymphoma & we had to put the hunt on hold.

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with Tony/Contintetal Divide outfitters in Montana in 2019...lots of elk and money will spent. Staight arrow guy!

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for thinking of me. As of now we a severely cutting back the amount of cow elk we are going to take in 2021. So I don’t have any spots open. If things change I will post up a new add.
Tony

Posts: 265 | Location: Corvallis,montana | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chas257
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Tony. Will contact you and perhaps we can get on a list for 2022 if available.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hntnhrd:
Thanks for thinking of me. As of now we a severely cutting back the amount of cow elk we are going to take in 2021. So I don’t have any spots open. If things change I will post up a new add.
Tony

I am looking as well for this year,if anything does open up would be very interested,especially a tented hunt.

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote