Notify
Tools

Non trophy elephant bull
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SkinAfrika Consulting
posted
What a thriller! tu2
1 non trophy elephant bull left to be hunted October 2013 at the incredible price off $15550.
If not taken $5550 refunded.
Relive this memory by adding a professional DVD @ $2000
Additional make a replica of these tusks back home tu2
Place of hunt:
Camp Sena on the Zambezi River Mozambique.
Outfitter:
MASHAMBANZOU Safaris
Grant Taylor
Included:
-Full board and lodging.
-daily laundry and cleaning
-beverages imported wines
-Pick up and return Beira Airport
-10 days hunting
-Registered PH
-Trackers
-hunting vehicle
-1 non trophy ele bull
-hunting and rifle license
-Tiger fishing if time permits
Not included
-Change off camp if PG to be added
-Gratuities to staff and PH
-any extra trophies taken
-extra days added
-any requests outside the hunt
-overnight before and after safari
-visa
-Any private chosen airfares.

Add a croc($2950) or hippo($3000) to make this hunt memorable.
Plains game, cape buffalo and sable can be added.Inquiries welcome.

Theo Blignaut
Skype theo.blignaut1
Skype phone +27127435304
Nalie Smit
+27766183354
e mail:naliesmit@gmail.com
www.skinafrika.com
E mail theo@skinafrika.com
Hunts available in Berkino Faso, South Africa,Namibia,Mozambique,Zimbabwe,Tanzania,CAR,Cameroon,DRC,Kyrgystan,Kajikistan,New Zeeland

Posts: 198 | Location: Ukraine/South Africa | Registered: 22 January 2013Reply With Quote
<Boone & Crockett>
posted
Interesting offer, what size would someone expect to take being a non trophy hunt?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to Mashambanzou Safaris Website and look at 2012 gallery..they are all there. The only thing I dont know is which elephants are the "Non Trophy" bulls. I believe there were six elephants total taken by Grant in 2012 and they are all posted on the gallery.

Mashambanzou also has a Facebook page with the pics as well.

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he is calling it "non-trophy" only because it is not exportable. He is pretty clear that there is no size restriction.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I have to say that this is a good deal...but if I shot a 70+ pounder and could not export it, I would be leaving the country feeling worse than when I came in!

One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Seems a waste to shoot a trophy bull if it cannot be exported, rather go for the experience and shoot an old broken tusker or a bad gene bull!

My 2 cents

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Seems a waste to shoot a trophy bull if it cannot be exported, rather go for the experience and shoot an old broken tusker or a bad gene bull!

My 2 cents

Make it 4 cents worth now !

Posts: 534 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where does the ivory go?

Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkinAfrika Consulting:
The tusks is Government property.What they do with that I don't know.The meat goes to the community.

Theo..Grant does get some exportable quota I believe as well?

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trophy bull elephant non exportable ?
Can you tell us which is the specific area where this ele is to be hunted ?
Sorry but never heard of an elephant hunt in Mozambique booked so much time in advance that is not exportable.
Thanks for your feedback

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Hippo for the moment is also NOT exportable .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you say nonexportable are you refering to anyone regardless of which country they are from. Or are you talking about hunters from the U.S.A.?

Posts: 45 | Location: saskatchewan,canada | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indi:
Trophy bull elephant non exportable ?
Can you tell us which is the specific area where this ele is to be hunted ?
Sorry but never heard of an elephant hunt in Mozambique booked so much time in advance that is not exportable.
Thanks for your feedback

Indi..I believe you will be hunting out of Fly Camps in old Coutada # 7.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Safari2 but as Kestrel asked is this elephant only not possible to export to the USA ? Unfortunatelly i know Portugal is also forbiden to import for the moment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kestrel:
When you say nonexportable are you refering to anyone regardless of which country they are from. Or are you talking about hunters from the U.S.A.?
To everybody regardless.

Theo Blignaut
Skype theo.blignaut1
Skype phone +27127435304
Nalie Smit
+27766183354
www.skinafrika.com
Hunts available in Berkino Faso, South Africa,Namibia,Mozambique,Zimbabwe,Tanzania,CAR,Cameroon,DRC,Kyrgystan,Kajikistan,New Zeeland

Posts: 198 | Location: Ukraine/South Africa | Registered: 22 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunters there maybe one hunt coming up this year contact me if you are interested.

Theo Blignaut
Skype theo.blignaut1
Skype phone +27127435304
Nalie Smit
+27766183354
www.skinafrika.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://s1345.photobucket.com/u....jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
70 lb Jumbo taken 3 days ago by Grants client.

Nice Theo..do you know which area?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mitch Grant is on safari now communication bad.he will be able to contact me in 3 days time and i will reply to your question.
It is a nice jumbo isn't it.Exportable one like that will cost $35 000.
Regards
Theo

Theo Blignaut
Skype theo.blignaut1
Skype phone +27127435304
Nalie Smit
+27766183354
www.skinafrika.com

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkinAfrika Exportable one like that will cost $35 000.

Exportable one like that is worth every dime.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hunters 1 non exportable Jumbo bull no size restrictions available 2014.
you snooze you loose!!! tu2

Hi , thats me again !
Correct me if i am wrong - Grant Taylor is using his normal quota to sell these " non exportable elephants " ?
I mean , if that is the case , and i am almost sure it is , why not just offering the elephant at the same price but allow the client to take him home ???
Sorry but it is really a strange situation because non exportable elephants in Mozambique as well as PAC are illegal and the only way to " sell " it is to use the quota given to the operator.
Can you please comment ?
Thank you

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
OOPS.!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13172 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a waste of a good ele bull that should have been spared to breed. To shoot it take a pic and not have the faintest idea what happens to those beautiful tusks is terrible- they probably ended up in China!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir i want to set things straight.Grant is no crook and you can hunt a exportable ele from his quota for $35 000. He is not trying to make up numbers.Really it is a terrible statement to say Grant is doing illegal hunting.Lots of hunters can vouch for him and knows he is straight shooter.
Some people likes to comment negatively.My mother taught us if you can't say positive things rather keep quiet then.

Theo Blignaut
Skype theo.blignaut1
Skype phone +27127435304
Nalie Smit
+27766183354
www.skinafrika.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz China would be a good guess, it really is a nice bull.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
15K+ seems steep for a non-exportable elephant. Same could be had in Zim for a fraction of the cost.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes Sir i want to set things straight.Grant is no crook and you can hunt a exportable ele from his quota for $35 000. He is not trying to make up numbers.Really it is a terrible statement to say Grant is doing illegal hunting.Lots of hunters can vouch for him and knows he is straight shooter.
Some people likes to comment negatively.My mother taught us if you can't say positive things rather keep quiet then.

I did not say your mother did not teach you well , i did not say Grant is a crook and i did not say he is selling illegal hunts - read again my comments before you say rubbish.
Non exportable elephants and PAC elephants are not legal in Mozambique under the existing law.
There is not such a type of hunt in Moz as there is in Zimbabwe for example . Do tou understand what i am saying to you Sir ? Do you understand my poor english Sir ?
The only way for an operator to sell this kind of hunt in Moz is to pay the license fee to the government and take it from his alocated quota so again my question to you is - if this is the only case to sell a " non exportable elephant in Moz " , why not offering the elephant at a reduced price like you are advertising and allow the client to take the tusks home since the license fee is paid ? Is it so difficult to answer my question ?
Cheers for now...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDA-CO:
15K+ seems steep for a non-exportable elephant. Same could be had in Zim for a fraction of the cost.

Absolutely right JDA-CO.
License fee only in Moz for an elephant is almost USD 11k because there is not the figure of " non exportable elephant " like in Zim !!! Read my previous post and you will understand what i am saying...

<Boone & Crockett>
posted
quote:
quote:

Absolutely right JDA-CO.
License fee only in Moz for an elephant is almost USD 11k because there is not the figure of " non exportable elephant " like in Zim !!! Read my previous post and you will understand what i am saying...

Please correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding no Ele from Moz.are exportable to the US??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
What a waste of a good ele bull that should have been spared to breed. To shoot it take a pic and not have the faintest idea what happens to those beautiful tusks is terrible- they probably ended up in China!

First time i am adressing to you so i want to profit the oportunity to congratulate you and your company for being one of the best names in the hunting industry.
By being an operator in Moz surely you know that non exportable elephant hunts like they exist in Zim , do not exist which means the only way how to sell this kind of hunts is from your allocated quota , license fees paid to the government , the ivory will belong to the client but if not " authorized " by the operator to keep the ivory , i think the tusks will stay with the operator ??? At the end we know where the ivory is ?

PAC elephants are not legal to sell in Mozambique , but if it happens to be shot an elephant as PAC , in this case and only in this case , the tusks will revert to the government - am i right ?...
Cheers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boone & Crockett:
quote:
quote:

Absolutely right JDA-CO.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding no Ele from Moz.are exportable to the US??

quote:
Originally posted by kestrel:

To everybody regardless.

Theo Blignaut
Skype theo.blignaut1
Skype phone +27127435304
Nalie Smit
+27766183354
e mail:nalie.smit@yahoo.com
www.skinafrika.com
Hunts available in South Africa,Namibia,Mozambique,Zimbabwe,Tanzania,CAR,Cameroon,DRC,Kyrgystan,Kajikistan,New Zeeland

B&C

Correct , but Skinafrika says it is non exportable " to everybody regardless " and there are a lot of countries that allow ivory import from Mozambique !

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's the difference between shoot plains game and only taking photos or shooting an elephant? If I have the choice between a 100lb non export and a 20lb non export, I'm shooting the 100lber. If your paying for non export any weight, shoot what you want.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Samir, I think what Buzz was trying to say is if the ivory is not exportable and will not be used as A trophy, it would be better to maybe shoot A old bull that is past breeding or one with not big Ivory, most hunters that go on A non exportable hunt goes more for the fun of the hunt than the trophy, I can not comment on how the non exportable hunt or PAC system work in Mozambique as I don't know. It sure was A great bull elephant pity it can not be in A trophy room on display.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here we go again

Mr. Blignaut
As a Hunting consultant you should know that what you selling are legal!

It seems to me that you don't have done your home work.

I recommend you read the Mozambican Hunting law first and also the Lacy act. At least you should have done a search on AR about PAC and non exportable elephant hunts from Mozambique.

You advertised on the 26th of March 2013 Quote “Book your non trophy elephant hunt (no size restrictions) for 2014.Only one left.”
Quotas are only published beginning of each year for the calendar year not a year in advance!

Mozambique never had any quota for non exportable animals or meat quota for elephants! This does not exist in Mozambique!

All quotas are issued to a specific area and cannot be transferred or utilized in any other area.

License fees are the same for the whole country and there is only one license fee per species that is the same if you a local citizen or a foreigner if the animal is female or male if it is a trophy or non trophy if it is used as bait or not.

Quotas in Mozambique can only be given, increased, changed, by joint approval by the minister of tourism and by the minister of agriculture and it becomes only in effect after publishing in the government gazette and in the national news paper! No other department can legally give quotas or authorised quotas.

MASHAMBANZOU Safaris did not have a quota of 4 never mind 6 elephants in 2013 you can confirm this with the national departments.

Fines in Mozambique do exist and even in my opinion severe as an example in December a local guy came to my place and tried to sell me an leopard turtle for 2000metical (about 70$) I confiscate the turtle I called the fiscals and he ended up with a fine of over 5000$ which he can pay off over the next years and he spend a couple of days in a holding cell. We do have some fiscals in Mozambique that enforce the law.

You know what it could cost your client to shoot an illegal elephant? I am sure none of your clients want to see a Mozambican jail from the inside I believe the catering and accommodation is well below normal camp meals.

The point is if you buy the turtle you create an illegal market and if there is a demand for this more people trying to enter the supply chain. The same happens if you buy PAC hunts (illegal) or no exportable elephant hunts (none existence).

As hunter we want to protect our passion (I refuse calling it a sport it is not a competition) so sustainable well managed hunting is what we have to fight for within and outside our own ranks.

PAC stands for problematic animal control! (Control not killing without trying other options)

By no means is every one of these animals a problem and more often than not you can solve the issue without killing the animal. I done this for the last 20 years and never had to shoot an elephant in our concession and we have a resident population of around 300 elephants and every year we got calls to go and shoot them to get them out of the local’s fields.

In my opinion 80% of the yearly killed problematic animals are killed without sufficient reason and to a large extend is used to make some illicit extra money.

Yes each hunter should inform himself about legal requirements because he is the one to end up in the brown stuff. Clients pay you to make sure these things are not happen that is why clients normally using a booking agent otherwise they could just go to a Hunting show or book via internet.

Not sure if Grant knows how and what you advertised he seems a very likable guy and seems a good hunter to me however I explained him the law on different occasion maybe he did not understood or did not want too.

I hope you will withdraw the non exportable elephants from your offers?

Regards

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone interested in this hunt should do a search for Grant Taylor in the African Hunting forum.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Indi

Thanks for the comment and I think that freischuetz has answered your question better then I could have. Our Moz operations is very small and confined to croc and hippo through good operator and friend Carel Maartins.

Samir as Phillip pointed out if you are not exporting an ele bull then the hunt solely becomes all about the experience for me. I would much prefer to hunt hard, look at LOTS of bulls and shoot an old non trophy at the end of the hunt ( or even a young ele bull for that matter) then a great old tusker. The old big tuskers are few and far between and short of been taken as a trophy should be left to breed!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Indi

Thanks for the comment and I think that freischuetz has answered your question better then I could have. Our Moz operations is very small and confined to croc and hippo through good operator and friend Carel Maartins.

Samir as Phillip pointed out if you are not exporting an ele bull then the hunt solely becomes all about the experience for me. I would much prefer to hunt hard, look at LOTS of bulls and shoot an old non trophy at the end of the hunt ( or even a young ele bull for that matter) then a great old tusker. The old big tuskers are few and far between and short of been taken as a trophy should be left to breed!

+1

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Indi

i agree with you 100% on the particulars of a NEE hunt.

what i was trying to tell you is that the Mozambican operator that is trying to sell these kind of elephant hunts , knows exactly what happens to the ivory ! then if he sends it to China i don't know!!!

first option - he tries to sell a «non elephant trophy » ( WHICH DOES NOT EXIST IN MOZAMBIQUE AND ALSO REITERATED BY freischuetz ) , the client shots the elephant AND the tusks are property of the outfitter because he had paid for it to the government ( i hope ) - what he is doing with the tusks after , who knows?

second option - as freischuetz said , there is the « possibility » of shoting a PAC animal ( COMPLETELY ILLEGAL FOR A FOREIGNER TO SHOT A PAC ELEPHANT , IT DOES NOT MATTER IF HE PAYS OR NOT )but it happens because we know how sometimes things are , unfortunately .....and in that particular case the tusks belong to the government and again what they are doing with the tusks after who knows ?

third option - the operator tries to sell what he calls a « non exportable elephant » because he knows that it is totally illegal to sell PAC elephants .Then , the operator « book » a PAC elephant ( read the statement from freischuetz ) - unfortunately not very difficult to do it in Mozambique ( maybe USD 500,00 will be enough....for the district manager! ) , the client comes ....he shots the PAC thinking it was a « non exportable elephant » !!! - in this case and if things go smooth and NO ARRESTS ARE MADE , the tusks will revert to the government and what they are doing with the tusks who knows??????

i am not saying that this is one of these 3 cases but me personally i don't know of any other possibility because NON EXPORTABLE ELEPHANTS IN MOZAMBIQUE DO NOT EXIST AND PAC HUNTS ARE NOT LEGAL - PERIOD.

Unfortunately Ken Moody was doing the same hunt advertisement a few months back but fortunately the thread disapeared from AR !

the only thing i want to alert AR readers is PAY ATTENTION and inform yourselves correctly of what you are buying - nothing else.

Have a good afternoon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by freischuetz:
Here we go again

Mr. Blignaut
As a Hunting consultant you should know that what you selling are legal!

It seems to me that you don't have done your home work.

Mozambique never had any quota for non exportable animals or meat quota for elephants! This does not exist in Mozambique!

All quotas are issued to a specific area and cannot be transferred or utilized in any other area.

Quotas in Mozambique can only be given, increased, changed, by joint approval by the minister of tourism and by the minister of agriculture and it becomes only in effect after publishing in the government gazette and in the national news paper! No other department can legally give quotas or authorised quotas.

MASHAMBANZOU Safaris did not have a quota of 4 never mind 6 elephants in 2013 you can confirm this with the national departments.

You know what it could cost your client to shoot an illegal elephant? I am sure none of your clients want to see a Mozambican jail from the inside I believe the catering and accommodation is well below normal camp meals.

The point is if you buy the turtle you create an illegal market and if there is a demand for this more people trying to enter the supply chain. The same happens if you buy PAC hunts (illegal) or no exportable elephant hunts (none existence).

and every year we got calls to go and shoot them to get them out of the local’s fields.

In my opinion 80% of the yearly killed problematic animals are killed without sufficient reason and to a large extend is used to make some illicit extra money.

I explained him the law on different occasion maybe he did not understood or did not want too.

I hope you will withdraw the non exportable elephants from your offers?

Regards

Mr. Blignaut ,

since you did not comment my posts , i am glad that freischuetz has done it and clarified what i knew from before .
Aparently , you do not have a single clue of what you are trying to sell - attention Mr. Blignaut , you can harm yourself or /and the operator because Ministry of Tourism from Moz is not sleeping.

you repied , in this same thread , a few months back on my question :

« Indi it can be any of Grants concessions. Depends on the season and reports from his PH's where to hunt.This is very popular and only a few is given to Grant yearly. »
Theo Blignaut

you made a totally incorrect statement because none of these could have been given to Grant or to any other outfitter in Moz and people should be aware of your false and incorrect advertisements !
Do your homework because it is your obligation as an hunting consultant and stop selling what you cannot sell ( or at least change the name of the whole thing ) because you will eventually put fellow hunters in big troubles and / or you can harm yours and the outfitter operation - i must also tell you that i dont mind to see an operation harmed if and if the second or third case stated on my previous post to Buzz is happening , but i sure care of any fellow hunter be embarking in these illegal hunts .
then if the first case is happening and the outfitter is paying the license fee to the government ( +- USD 11K ) and sells it for USD 15,5K , is he not losing money on this sale ????
i am very sorry Mr. Blignaut but this thing does not smell well to me at all.

Have a good day

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This hunt is withdrawn and closed.

Theo Blignaut
Skype theo.blignaut1
Skype phone +27127435304
Nalie Smit
+27766183354
www.skinafrika.com

posted Hide Post
Dear all

I am new to accurate reloading as of today so please excuse my etiquette if I make any forum mistakes!
It has been brought to my attention that there has been some form of a miscommunication between myself an agent friend of mine on the internet regarding non export elephant hunts for sale hence my appearance on the AR forum.

My apologies for this and hopefully this post will be removed or ended once I have explained myself.

Please note that in 2013 we officially had 5 elephant on quota to hunt:
2 in coutada 7 Manica Province
1 I purchased from Mokore safaris (Coutada 13) Manica Province
1 in the name of Ngalamo Safaris sofala province (one of my companies)
1 in the name of Dombawera Safaris sofala province (another one of my companies)

As you can see from my website we only harvested 5 of these 5 legal elephants on quota.
Yes indeed in 2013 I did offer to Mr Blignaut to sell 2 non exportable to the US non trophy elephant hunts which I was to pay the government fee of 270 000 Meticais (us$ 9300 roughly)for each elephant from the proceeds of the hunt . The miss understanding came because the elephant hunts would take place in areas which have never produced any trophy size elephants. Because the quota was there and we cannot sell PAC hunts in Mozambique instead of shooting them myself i decided to try using the allocated quota and at least recover my actual costs. I apologize for the confusion caused.
Regards
Grant Taylor
Mashambanzou Safaris