Notify
Tools

1 Spot - AR Mid-Asian Ibex Group hunt- Oct 2017
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Hi All,

I just had a guy cancel out on a group hunt I had put together for Mid-Asian Ibex. It has basically turned into an "AR Hunt" not necessarily by design. We have 6 total slots and 5 are full, 4 of us being AR members.

Below are the details. Let me know if interested. You can contact me direct at tim@trophyadventures.com or 859-608-9331

Mid-Asian Ibex
Kazakhstan
Oct 2-14 including travel
$9500
Bookings - Tim Herald Worldwide Trophy Adventures
Outfitter- Shikar Safaris

This will be 7 full days of hunting plus travel.
The appealing thing about this trip for me is that it is not at super high elevations. Mostly in the 5500-7000 range instead of 12-13,000 feet like Kyrg and Tajikistan. We are going early October, so temps should not be terribly cold yet. We will only be driving about 3-4 hours from airport to camp, so, no 10-16 hour brutal road trips as with many Asian hunts.

Billies should be in the 46-50" range. This will be a true Asian mountain hunting adventure without breaking your back, or your wallet.

Includes:
Meeting and drop off at the airport; All transportation to/from the hunting region; All transportation in the hunting area; Accommodation and food in the camp during the whole tour; Service of professional guide; All serving staff including one interpreter per group/camp; trophy care and packing for shipment.(hope to be able to bring home with us).

Excludes:
Airline ticket to/from Almaty; Hotel and meals in Almaty before and after the hunt (hotel $100-$300); Visa; Alcohol, items of a personal nature; Excess luggage payment charged by airlines; Sightseeing program; The cost of any extra hunting days; Non-hunter fee; The cost of additional trophies; Trophy shipment; Tips.
$400 Formalities package: Invitation; firearm export/import permit; International veterinary certificate

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
You have obviously perfected cryogenic freezing. Big Grin Without it I don't think I would be booking a hunt that far in advance.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the typo

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Damn Tim! Those are some giant billies! I hunted in Kyrgyzstan for my mid Asian ibex, but it was one of the greatest adventures I've ever been on! Have fun!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Yeah looking to be a great trip. Still wish I could have gone with you a few years ago...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
As do I. It was a great trip!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
Nice place. I took there nice ibex 50" Nov 2011. Everything were fine, guides, horses, base camp and food there.

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Slot is sold, but we have had enough interest that we may just put a 2nd group together. We would travel together, split into 2 camps, and meet back after the hunt to come home. Let me know if interested...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com