Find
Notify
Tools

HUNT for ZAMBIA'S SPECIALTY ANIMALS 2022-2023
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

This is a hunt for Zambia's premier plains game species the sitatunga, tsessbe and both lechwe. The hunt will be conducted on the flood plain and papyrus swamps around Lake Bangweulu with the Kafue Lechwe being hunted on the Kafue flats.

Zambezi sitatunga can be hunted in other areas of Zambia and tsessbe can be hunted in Zim and Bots but Bangweulu is the only area where they both hunt can be hunted together along with the endemic black lechwe. Also the tsessbe can be huge in Bangweulu and the Black lechwe are there by the thousands.

Africa Parks has been managing Bangweulu for several years and doing a good job. Game is thriving there and trophy quality can be very good. I hunted Bangweulu twice and found it to be one of the most amazing places I've been in Africa. This is a place where you will see thousands of animals in a day and the bird life is just incredible.

The Kafue river flats can be accessed on a day trip from Lusaka and if you shoot well you will get a nice Kafue lechwe plus there are thousands there. My client there 10 days ago shot 31" and was very happy.

Basically in a week's hunting you could take all 4 species and see two very unique areas.

What I found was the dark of the moon made a huge difference with the sitatunga. I hunted in July on the full moon and again in Sept on the dark of the moon with Sept being much better. In Sept the water had receded and we hardly got our feet wet where as in July we were wading in waste deep water.

Hunt will be conducted by Johnny and Laura duPlooy's Muchinga Adventures with Johnny being available at this time to do the hunts.

I would pick dark of the moon Aug-Nov for the best experience.

Pricing:

1x1 5 days Bangweulu $10,500
GMA permit, licensure and gun permit $1,500
Dip/pack $1,850

Trophy fees:

Sitatunga $7,500
Tseesbe $4,950
Black lechwe $6,000
Kafue lechwe $5,750 (package price for one day add-on)

Extra days $1,500
Observer $500

If you'd like to take some of Africa's Specialties give me a call.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote