Find
Notify
Tools

December 2018 Black Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
Due to the amount of bears that we are holding there is an opening for the December 2018 season.

Price is $3,500 for a four day hunt and allows you to kill a bear up to 450 pounds. We guarantee that you will get a chance to take a shot at a bear over 250 pounds. If you do not get that opportunity you come back the following year.

Please text me if you are interested and I will send you pictures and videos of bears that are on our farms. Hunt will take place in Eastern North Carolina on private land. Be advised that running bears with the use of hounds is dangerous game hunting there are some physical requirements.

Below are three bears that were killed by clients just last season that were all over 450 pounds.

Outfitter
Clark Purvis
252-826-4288
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Captain

You have some big bears for sure.

Posts: 19599 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

It is legal to feed your bear hunting area with non processed food here in Eastern North Carolina. Average big bear will eat several bags this size in a season. Not you typical bag of ballpark peanuts. We have been feeding for some time and will continue until Spring. It is extremely labor intensive in hot and humid conditions. All of the insects and arachnids this time of year do not make it any more enjoyable. The guides and myself are ready for winter.

Once a big boar gets on a bait pile he will stay around 200 yards from that site most of the time. The big boars will share their feed with the sows but will fight off other boars. This bear was found next to us on a neighbors property. Imagine how much bigger he would of been if he had another month to eat. No telling how much weight he lost during the time it took for the infection to kill him. I keep thinking about the big boar that gave him this beating! There is no doubt in my mind that our land has a bear that will be a new world record by weight.

Text for more information
252-826-4288

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What did he do eat a car battery?

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happens if you kill one that's over 450lbs?

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Terry,

State Biologist said that most likely he got slapped hard in the face or bitten by another boar. Wound got infected which caused him to die.

TNTBR
Your guide will coach you on the size of the bear. We have all gotten pretty good at judging weight off of the claw. We also use a good amount of cameras. If we judge a bear wrong then you have no worries and keep coin in your pocket. Problem is if you can keep your safety on and live without having that giant in your trophy room!

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Do you have a choice of hounds or tower blinds? My BIL has a bad ankle and I’m not sure at age 70 that I am up to tackling a swamp chase with hounds. Mind is willing but not sure the body can pay the bill?.. The nice thing is we could easily drive there in a day.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13427 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Clark if I remember correctly, you and one of the houndsman were within 10-15 pounds of guessing my bear's weight.

Safe travels......Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
With this new property that we have you can get your bear out of a tree stand. You have to be patience.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My usual bad timing. I already have a hunt booked for December. I sure do want to hunt those huge bears sooner or later.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Capt.Clark. Are you doing any of these hunts for that price in December of next year[2019]?

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How has the storm effected your hunts, are you able to reach all of your areas etc.?

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yes. We are further north of the flooding. The Roanoke, Tar and Alligator rivers did NOT flood. Cape Fear, Wacamma, Lumbee and Neuse Rivers did flood and this is what you are seeing on the news. We do our bear hunts in Hyde, Tyrell, Beaufort, Bertie, Martin and Halifax counties. We did have a great amount of damage on one of our houses but that was on Harkers Island which is right on the southern Outer Banks. Storm and rain do not go North of highway 264. More info on the American Hunting Forum.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does the guarantee for a shot apply to hunting over bait as well?

I can't get around very well anymore, but I would love to shoot a big black bear.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yes

Captain Clark Purvis