Find
Notify
Tools

RHINO BULL HUNT 2010
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ANDREW RENTON
posted
This is a re-run of a previous offer on rhino bull hunts.
With all that is going on on the rhino world and public eye,poaching syndicates etc have almost made it law that no more rhino hunting will take place next year more so ever again.I would say this is the last chance for a hunter wanting to get his big 5 complete.
This bull is the last bull available on this fine concession and is about 24-26 inches,the price is $59000 USD ,ALL INCLUSIVE ,client will need to fly into Durban, Natal province
PRE APPROVAL OF CITIES IS IMPERRATIVE and again no permit will be granted to any asian,chinese,vietnamese or japanese person
KEI RIVER HUNTING WILL BE CONDUCTING THE HUNT
Anyone interested contact me or PM me.
closing october 30th.

Andrew Renton

Mooifontein, P.O. Box 24, KOMGA, 4950 Eastern Cape
Tel & Fax:027 43 8312024,Mobile 027826514005
Email: rentons@mweb.co.za,
Website- www.keiriverhuntingsafaris.co.za
REGISTATION NUMBER-2007/232333/23
OUTFITTER LICENCE NUMBERS- HC 29/2010 EC
PROFESSIONAL HUNTER LICENCES
EASTERN CAPE- PH 70/2010 EC, FREE STATE LICENCE - FS 206 /528,
MPUMILANGA LICENCE -MPB /HO/0275, NATAL LICENCE KZN 1831/2005

Posts: 51 | Location: eastern cape,south africa | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I realize that the sad fate of the Rhinos is primarily due to its supposed medicinal properties in the Asian markets, however is it illegal for a medicine man to legally hunt a rhino, what he does with the trophy thereafter being his business?

I suppose its the CITES rule which says not for commerical purposes that is the issue here?

Posts: 2539 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Since I am an Asian-American born and raised in the US, !

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fjold:
Since I am an Asian-American born and raised in the US,
You might want to back up and think about this a minute Frank.

I don't think Andrew is making the rules here.

And, the language? Well, I guess your true colors have shown thru!!! Nice to know kids read these formus too!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Since I am an Asian-American born and raised in the US, !

Fjold,

I have edited your post.

This forum is open most of the time in our place, on several computers, and we have kids come down to shoot almost every day.

I would appreciate it if we can stay away from language we do not wish kids to see.

Andrew is not making the rules here. It is the government, so blaming him for it is not fair at all.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67027 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
My apologioes for the language.

And to Andrew if it is in fact a government regulation that they will not issue a permit to an Asian hunter. His post did not say that so I read it as his personal/business policy.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
damn, sorry i missed this one but Saeed is very tolerant of things so it must have been a dozy!!!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13166 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ANDREW RENTON
posted Hide Post
Sorry fjold,its is true i dont make the rules,and i must apologise to you ,very ignorant of me!!!!!!
The reason behind that decission is that many non hunting individuals were sent here as foot soldiers to hunt rhino's legally only to be caught smuggling other horns out !!
That is the reason why they are clamping down on the issuing of export permits>
apology accepted???

Posts: 51 | Location: eastern cape,south africa | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ANDREW RENTON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
I realize that the sad fate of the Rhinos is primarily due to its supposed medicinal properties in the Asian markets, however is it illegal for a medicine man to legally hunt a rhino, what he does with the trophy thereafter being his business?

I suppose its the CITES rule which says not for commerical purposes that is the issue here?

Yes he may not sell it ,but we all know what happens,the money in this racket is huge,all for a hardon,havent they heard of that little blue tablet????

posted Hide Post
Andrew,That little blue tablet only stops me from rolling off the bed at night. Lol

Posts: 24 | Location: Potgietersrus, Limpopo | Registered: 16 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tjoks:
Andrew,That little blue tablet only stops me from rolling off the bed at night. Lol

Mate, I think you're supposed to swallow it rather than use it as a chock!

jumping jumping jumping

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:
Originally posted by tjoks:

Mate, I think you're supposed to swallow it rather than use it as a chock!

Good one, Steve. Made my day!
jumping jumping jumping

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
at least Steve finally stopped using his as a suppository jumping animal hilbily nurse humor ask Susan animal

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Do they use the rhino horn as a suppository too? Big Grin

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ANDREW RENTON
posted Hide Post
Dont know mate,but they sure believe in what they are doing with that horn.

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
The Orientals would not need quite so much rhino horn if they would stop grinding it up and just strapped the damn things on?? Big Grin Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
The Orientals would not need quite so much rhino horn if they would stop grinding it up and just strapped the damn things on?? Big Grin Cool

Nah, I've tried that and it doesn't work mate...... You can't strap it on firmy enough and it just sags down which of course defeats the object of the exercise. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
As I undertsand it, they do not refuse on the basis of a person being an Oriental, they just give the prospective client a questionnaire, with questions like: what other of the big 5 have you hunted? what rifles do you own?, what local/ country based hunting association do you belong to? These questions exclude most orientals living in the East, as they cannot own rifles, do not have hunting associations in the country, and are only interested in RHINO...! Now, I am sure some legit Asian American will be allowed to hunt this bull, if he does comply with the questionnaire

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote