THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Namibia Leopard Hunting Package 2022 - Reduced!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Leopard Hunting Package 2022 - Reduced!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted
As part of our 2022 show Specials, the price of this hunt has been reduced to US$ 19 750.00. Don't miss out on this great deal.

We still have 1 Leopard tag available for 2022.
In 2021 we had a 100% success rate in our areas!

US$ 22 500.00 for 14 days all inclusive

Package Includes:

14 Hunting days * Arrival and departure days * Transfer to and from Windhoek International Airport by road * Trophy fee of US$ 5000.00 (Refunded in full if Leopard is not taken) * License fees * Government taxes * Baits * Services of a licensed PH * Hunting vehicles and teams to setup and check baits * All meals * Soft drinks, beer and wine * Field preparation work of your trophies * Delivery of you trophies to Taxidermy

Not Included:

Flights to and from Windhoek International Airport * Taxidermy work *Dipping, packing and shipping of trophies
Pre baiting can be done at an additional fee.

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

1. A non-refundable deposit of US$ 5000.00 to confirm hunt
2. The issuing of Leopard permits is subject to government quotas
3. Hunt will be conducted in accordance with the regulations as set out by the Ministry of Environment and Tourism.
4. Leopard will only be hunted in area where the permit is issued for
5. Trophy fee is fully refunded if client does not have an opportunity at a Leopard
6. Trophy fee is not refunded if client wounds or misses the Leopard
7. All other Terms and Conditions as stated in Condition of Business are applicable.
8. Please contact us to confirm what additional species are available, addition species to be added at current pricelist.
9. Please refer to our website, www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com for more information regarding each area and camp.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com
Mobile: +264 81 128 3105

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Posts: 196 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In your opening sentence you say you "still have one Leopard tag available for 2022" yet in your Terms & Conditions at N.2 the Leopard permit is subject to quota availability?

At N.6 it is quite understandable for the trophy fee to be payable if the animal has been wounded and lost ... but to claim payment for a total miss? coffee

Posts: 1913 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
In your opening sentence you say you "still have one Leopard tag available for 2022" yet in your Terms & Conditions at N.2 the Leopard permit is subject to quota availability?

At N.6 it is quite understandable for the trophy fee to be payable if the animal has been wounded and lost ... but to claim payment for a total miss? coffee

I think it would be hard to tell if it was a hit or a miss sometimes.

Zimbabwe had that for crocs and hippo in the past.

And frankly, anyone missing a leopard from a rest in a blind should be charged double clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67079 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
quote:

In Namibia all leopard tags are subjected to quota issued by the government. This allocation is done in the beginning of December. We were successful in our application process and have one tag that is still available for next year.

As for NR.6 this is a standard condition for a lot of outfitters when it comes to Leopards, As Saeed mentioned, sometimes it is difficult to confirm a hit under low light conditions. This is also a condition that a lot of land owners place upon the PH. A leopard that has been shot at and either wounded or missed becomes a liability to a land owner. They become very difficult, sometimes even impossible, to get back on a bait again. They can quickly become a leopard that just eats what he killed himself, on farmland a lot of times their food of choice are domestic livestock, they also become very alert and will abandon their own kill if something feels wrong. As we mainly target old mature Toms, they tend to be the dominant cat in that area, driving away any other potential shootable cats. To make a long story short, a "educated" leopard becomes a liability to the land owner. Eats only what it kills and keeps any shootable cats out of the area, lowering the success rate of leopard hunting in that area until it is displaced by a stronger leopard.
On my own property I battled for almost 5 years with a cat that was shot at by one of my neighbors clients. His tracks just disappeared after 5 years and our success rate went back to normal.

As a PH I do take several preventative measure to ensure that the conditions the client shoots under are as ideal as possible and luckily complete misses are something we don't deal with on a regular basis when hunting leopards.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shona:
quote:

In Namibia all leopard tags are subjected to quota issued by the government. This allocation is done in the beginning of December. We were successful in our application process and have one tag that is still available for next year.

As for NR.6 this is a standard condition for a lot of outfitters when it comes to Leopards, As Saeed mentioned, sometimes it is difficult to confirm a hit under low light conditions. This is also a condition that a lot of land owners place upon the PH. A leopard that has been shot at and either wounded or missed becomes a liability to a land owner. They become very difficult, sometimes even impossible, to get back on a bait again. They can quickly become a leopard that just eats what he killed himself, on farmland a lot of times their food of choice are domestic livestock, they also become very alert and will abandon their own kill if something feels wrong. As we mainly target old mature Toms, they tend to be the dominant cat in that area, driving away any other potential shootable cats. To make a long story short, a "educated" leopard becomes a liability to the land owner. Eats only what it kills and keeps any shootable cats out of the area, lowering the success rate of leopard hunting in that area until it is displaced by a stronger leopard.
On my own property I battled for almost 5 years with a cat that was shot at by one of my neighbors clients. His tracks just disappeared after 5 years and our success rate went back to normal.

As a PH I do take several preventative measure to ensure that the conditions the client shoots under are as ideal as possible and luckily complete misses are something we don't deal with on a regular basis when hunting leopards.

If you do not have a leopard on YOUR license, guaranteed, then you really should not be selling a leopard hunt.

You should have one, and your job is to show the leopard to your client.

The client cannot be expected to pay a non refundable fee and hope the government will issue him a license.

You have to clarify your offer, and how it actually works.

Posts: 67079 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Hi Saeed
Let me try and clarify.

We do have leopard tags available for the 2022 hunting season. They are guaranteed and I just paid the government fee for these tags on Friday. It is however a valid point that you raise and there are several outfitter that will sell a hunt without being in possession of a valid tag and a client should always ask the outfitter to provide him with proof that such a tag exists. It is actually against our regulations to advertise leopard hunts in Namibia if you don't have a valid tag.

Government has the control to cancel tags or place a moratorium on leopard hunting, as has happened in the past in Namibia and South Africa. In this case it is out of our control as outfitters and for this reason we include point 2 in our conditions. Should his happen we will obviously work with the client in order to come to some sort of an agreement that everyone is comfortable with.

Hope this clarifies it, please let me know if you have any other questions in this regards.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Good offer.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9877 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Some of the cats we hunted in 2021

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shona:
Hi Saeed
Let me try and clarify.

We do have leopard tags available for the 2022 hunting season. They are guaranteed and I just paid the government fee for these tags on Friday. It is however a valid point that you raise and there are several outfitter that will sell a hunt without being in possession of a valid tag and a client should always ask the outfitter to provide him with proof that such a tag exists. It is actually against our regulations to advertise leopard hunts in Namibia if you don't have a valid tag.

Government has the control to cancel tags or place a moratorium on leopard hunting, as has happened in the past in Namibia and South Africa. In this case it is out of our control as outfitters and for this reason we include point 2 in our conditions. Should his happen we will obviously work with the client in order to come to some sort of an agreement that everyone is comfortable with.

Hope this clarifies it, please let me know if you have any other questions in this regards.

Thank you.

I know no one will hold you responsible for any change in government regulations.

Just your offer raised a question which you have kindly answered.

One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
This hunt has been reduced as part of our 2022 show season specials.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa