Find
Notify
Tools

Tholo Safaris Botswana
 Login/Join

Picture of Jason Bridger
posted
Hi All,

Below are all the particulars for anyone looking for a great plains game hunt in a vast area with excellent game numbers and superb trophy quality.

Plains Game Package
7day-2 hunters x 1 guide Plains Game Package $5,900each

This package includes daily rate and trophy fees for:
1 Gemsbok, 1 Kudu, 1 Wildebeest , 1 Eland, 1 Impala & 1 Jackal for each hunter.
Additional animals can be hunted at the applicable trophy fee.

Daily Rates for Plains Game Hunts

$ 425 per day, for one hunter and one guide
$ 325 per day, per person for two hunters & one guide
$ 200 per day for each observer accompanying hunter (non-hunter)
$ 100 per day for each cameraman

Length of stay is your choice. However, dates are subject to availability.

Trophy Fees:

Blue Wildebeest $500
Caracal $1,300
Duiker $350
Eland $1,500
Gemsbok / Oryx $1,000
Genet $300
Red Hartebeest $900
Impala $400
Jackal $150
Kudu $1,200
Ostrich $500
Porcupine $250
Steinbok $300
Springbuck $450
Springhare $250
Warthog $450
Waterbuck $1,600
Wildcat $350
Zebra $1,050

Birds *$300
*per week per person

If available:
Giraffe $4,750
Sable $8,000

Included in daily rate:

Meeting on arrival in Maun Airport or Windhoek Airport
Full services of Professional Hunter
Full camp & staff services
Full 3 star accommodations & amenities
All meals & local beverages
Daily laundry service in camp
Daily housekeeping service

Not included in daily rate:

Trophy Fees
Gratuities
Dipping & packing will be quoted by shipper. The shipper / taxidermist will meet with the clients after the safari if required.
Air freight of trophies to final destination
Botswana Gun import permits($150 per gun)
Shotgun ammunition 12g & 20g
Hotel & travel costs before & after the safari
Extra activities & trips such as san cultural activities
Air charters to camps & back.
Road transport to camp from Maun, Botswana at $300 per vehicle each way
Road transport to camp from Windhoek, Namibia at $900 per vehicle each way
12%(currently) Botswana government VAT
Specially requested imported alcoholic beverages
Photographer / Videographer services

Jason Bridger
+267 723 02 882
bridgeradventures@gmail.com
Or
Kim Eaton
+267 743 18 615
tholosafaris.info@gmail.com

Tholo Safaris
P.O. Box 6
Ghanzi
Botswana
www.tholosafarisbotswana.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did this hunt last year. Jason was our PH. This is an outstanding outfit in a country that is extremely friendly to hunters and tourists - on par to Namibia. The airport in Maun is easy and very good. All aspects of my hunt with Tholo were top notch. Kim Eaton handled every detail perfectly.

If you were to write a book on how to set up, book, arrange, execute a safari - along with extremely good animals - go here!!!

See the hunt report on my trip below.

To Tholo - tu2

Posts: 10263 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never hunted with Jason but met him here in Orlando with a friend of mine. Seems like a great guy.

Posts: 12018 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Been there. Best plains game hunt ever. Highly recommend.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/5591093112

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Never hunted with Jason but met him here in Orlando with a friend of mine. Seems like a great guy.

+1

Jason is a great guy - I have hunted with him in Botswana.

Tholo is the best plains game value out there and trophies are awesome.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Me and Renae loved it, of course she wants to go back so sooner then later for sure
Awesome service, bushmen trackers are just out of this world and PH's are true professionals

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I hunted Tholo with a client in '09. It is the best fenced hunting for Cape eland and Kudu I've ever seen. The property is large, the Bushman trackers superb and service and accommodation 2nd to none.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
You are right about fenced, but it is 230,000 acre property. The fences kept the little stuff in but the white rhinos, hippos came and went at their pleasure, as did the leopards.
I personally would not see this as fenced any more than Bubye or Etosha or other big areas. We saw the perimeter fence only going on and off the property.
This the only place we have been where my wife said we are going back and taking the grandkids.

Posts: 10263 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Mark,
You are right about fenced, but it is 230,000 acre property. The fences kept the little stuff in but the white rhinos, hippos came and went at their pleasure, as did the leopards.
I personally would not see this as fenced any more than Bubye or Etosha or other big areas. We saw the perimeter fence only going on and off the property.
This the only place we have been where my wife said we are going back and taking the grandkids.

That's only 359+ square miles, it must be like shooting fish in a barrel. sofa

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep... terribly confining....
We hunted about 5% of the property when we were there. It is amazing.
The Eaton's have about 650 people working and living on the place. We saw maybe 30 of them...
So much for over crowding....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not hunted the Tholo property but I have hunted with Jason. My experience spans only 11 safaris but Jason is among the top PHs with whom I've hunted. He is highly skilled as a hunter, extremely knowledgeable about local flora/fauna and a competent manager of equipment and staff. Jason will provide you with the opportunity to make your safari whatever you want it to be.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Tom Lorenzen

114-R10David

Posts: 1751 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
One complaint about Tholo. Their kudu are undersized! jumping

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I left that one behind after binging on kudu when I was there....

If had been where I was, he would not be where he is in this picture for sure....

One of Us
Picture of Mauser66
posted Hide Post
Hunting with Tholo Safaris was perfect! Beautiful, big area, 1'st class trophy quality and real hunt with tracking!!
I hunted there in 2009 and will be back soon!

Regards:

Andy

Posts: 47 | Location: South Hungary | Registered: 26 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Mochaba still has the monopoly on dip/pack in this neck of the woods?

Posts: 134 | Location: Wrightsville, PA | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Bridger:

Not included in daily rate:

Dipping & packing will be quoted by shipper. The shipper / taxidermist will meet with the clients after the safari if required.
Air freight of trophies to final destination
12%(currently) Botswana government VAT

I'm looking for my next trip and haven't hunted Botswana yet so for some of you guys who have hunted there:

Can you give me an idea of how much D&P was?
How much roughly to get a crate into the US? From South Africa it isn't bad but some countries the extra cost is brutal
Is the 12% on the total costs, trophy fees or day fees?

Thanks for any help on this

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a flat rate for the hunt with the VAT included, so I cannot tell you about that.

On dip and pack - that depends on what you shoot and bring home. I brought home a serious pile, but had it tanned and euro mounted there. I found the prices very reasonable and cheaper than here.

You can contact Debbie Peake at Mochaba Developments in Maun at Debbie@mochaba.net to get an idea. She has been very helpful to me.

Also, you should just call or email Kim Eaton at Tholo, she is the best "arranger" I have dealt with. She is seriously skilled and knows her stuff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mochaba were good to us. About the same costs as from RSA. I would definitely go to Botswana again.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotta do this hunt one of these days if not for the oversized kudu the eland would be fantastic!

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote