Find
Notify
Tools

Cameroon Savannah - Plains game hunt 2023
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello guys,
We will start to offer some plains game hunts in the upcoming season in northern Cameroon.
These hunts are a good opportunity for someone to collect certain species not available elsewhere or just to experience a country that you normally can't hunt for a smaller budget.
From the animals hunt able most species are fairly abundant and not too difficult to get. Python, Red river hog, Civet & Hyena are more difficult because of their nocturnal behavior.
2 guys hunting together will have no problem to fill their license.

The concession spans 70000hectars (175,000acres). It's in the Faro region of Cameroon.

You will fly into Douala or Yaounde and from there to Garoua. The area is about 4hrs drive from Garoua.

The season is from December '22 to May '23.
Available are dates in between 7.January to 10.February and between 15.March to 14.April.

Plains Game hunt
You are allowed to shoot 4 B & C class animals per person (see list below)

2 hunters / 1 PH - 5700 euros - 7hunting days
1 hunter / 1 PH - 6200 euros - 6hunting days
Observer - 200€/day

(Exchange rate are currently approx $1=1€, so just the same price in $)

Trophy fee in Euro - CLASS B & C - (4 animals allowed per license)
Harnessed Bushbuck 900
Western Hartebeest 900
Western Kob 750
Bohor Reedbuck 750
Warthog 400
Red River Hog 750
Baboon 250
Oribi 500
Spotted Hyaena 900
Python 600
Civet 500
Western Bush Duiker 500
Red Flanked Duiker 500

You can also hunt birds like Francoline, Guinea fowl etc.

Extra:
- Airplane ticket to Cameroon
- Domestic flight to Garoua
- Visa & Rifle import permit (done by the embassy in your country)
- Clearing of rifle in Yaounde (100€/person)
- rental rifle (50€/day plus ammo)
- Hunting license 500€/person
- Dip&Pack 500€/person

Best Regards,
Dennis

contact me at:
dennis@dr-safaris.com

DR-Safaris
Pascalstrasse 6
52074 Aachen
Germany
+49172243823

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is such a good deal. I did the unguided walking safari in Cameroon back when Cam Greig was offering them. One of the greatest hunting trips that I have ever done. I got my buffalo but the walks were so long that I shut off my GPS because I really did not want to know how far that I had to walk to get back to my hammock. Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Push

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do costs look like getting trophies to the US after the hunt. How much of a problem is it?

Posts: 26 | Location: Southeast Missouri | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
It's not a problem to get them shipped, but it will take time. Roughly 6-8months or so.

Its hard to estimate costs because the rares were are all over the place recently. I think you should get a box to the US for less then 1500€ all in,of wish 500€ will be Dip&Pack.
If two guys are hunting together, i believe we could do it a bit cheaper.

Best regards,
Dennis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few pictures

I have pics of all species, so if someone wants to see more pics let me know

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to buy a second license for an additional 4 animals?

And possibly buy additional hunting days?

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
yes a second license is possible.

Extra days can be added for 500€/day.

Best Regards,
Dennis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still available for late season hunts.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Hi Dennis,

I find the photos you have posted (and obviously the best you have taken) are not very appealing. I mean a young Hartebeest, a female Hog, and maybe a 10-inch Bushbuck. The Python photo is a bit disappointing and hardly considered a game animal.

Just my 2 cents

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9873 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Hi Dennis,

I find the photos you have posted (and obviously the best you have taken) are not very appealing. I mean a young Hartebeest, a female Hog, and maybe a 10-inch Bushbuck. The Python photo is a bit disappointing and hardly considered a game animal.

Just my 2 cents

Hi Andrew,
thank you for the comment. I have added a few more pics.
Let me know if you have any more constructive remarks on my posts ;-)

Cheers,
Dennis

One of Us
Picture of Chet
posted Hide Post
Hey Dennis, sent you an email.

Posts: 290 | Location: Northern Rockies | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
fairgame
posted 15 February 2023 06:40
Hi Dennis,

Just my 2 cents

I hunted Cameroon in 2020. I didn't take Bushbuck as I decided to not buy that license. I sort of regretted it as we saw numerous bucks and their coats are spectacular, more so than their more southerly cousins I thought. Body wise they are a little smaller too. Most we glassed were mature bucks and most had horns that looked / were shorter than their southern cousins. I was told this is typical. So, maybe the bucks in Caracals pics are fairly typical of that area. Mature, but shorter horned. Anyway, I'm no expert so don't listen to me. But, just my .02 c worth.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2025 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it's hard to make an educated comment about the animals in the ad if you've never seen these particular animals in the wild. Since I have been to the Cameroon Savannah all the trophies look very nice to me. The Kob look smaller than what I saw but maybe that area is not the best for Kob. I'd be happy as can be with the rest.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12875 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Hi Dennis,

Just my 2 cents

Hi Andrew,
thank you for the comment. I have added a few more pics.
Let me know if you have any more constructive remarks on my posts ;-)

Cheers,
Dennis

Much better mate

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9873 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I think it's hard to make an educated comment about the animals in the ad if you've never seen these particular animals in the wild. Since I have been to the Cameroon Savannah all the trophies look very nice to me. The Kob look smaller than what I saw but maybe that area is not the best for Kob. I'd be happy as can be with the rest.

Mark

Thanks Mark. Most hunters are there for the big game and plains game is added when time permits and guys want good representatives. As you know a LD eland hunt takes a lot of time (and nerves) and plains game is simply no priority then.

Below is a bad picture of a very big bushbuck from the faro region (lost the field pics unfortunately). Bushbuck are smaller there then in other parts of africa. They are not very plentiful and don't get hunted so much (they used to be an A-Class animal).