Find
Notify
Tools

Red Stag hunt offer in Romania / Europe
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Unforgetable Hunting
posted
UNFORGETTABLE HUNTING it is a company with an area of 30000ha for hunting in Romania . We offer you a special hunt in a beautiful place and forests that seems untouched by civilization .
All the game here are in free area !!!
Red stag are very well represented in Romania ,with good numbers, and of fine quality, our contry possessed many times the world record, last of which, between 1981-1985, with a trophy of 261.25 CIC, points, taken in Soveja, Vrancea County, in 1980. Our private huntig areas are in Vrancea in the same area
Current national record is 264.51 CIC points, taken on 22 Sep. 2003 in Valea Gurghiului, Mures county.
We are pleased to offer the last two places - 5 Day RED STAG hunts available between 15 September and 15-December.
Harvesting can be legally done only with the rifle, 7 mm caliber minimum, or more.
Prices for accommodation and services 950 Euro
Trophy prices
Up to 7 kg 1500 euro
Between 7.0 kg - 8.0 kg 1950 - 2650 euro
8.0 kg - 9.0 kg 2650 - 3400 euro
9.0 kg - 10.0 kg 3400 - 4400 euro
10.0 kg - 11.0 kg 4400 - 6300 euro
11.0 kg – 11.5 kg 6300 - 8800 euro
from 11.5 kg up 8800 + 60 euro for every 10 grams
FOR 2 HUNTERS TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE A DISCOUNT !
Price includes all guide and , meals, lodging and field trophy care and skinning.
THE FEE includes:
• Airport arrival and departure assistance
• Transportation in Romania
• To 4WD car for hunting
Full board and lodging •, starting with dinner on the arrival day and ending with breakfast on the departure day
• Single room accommodation
• First preparation of the Trophies
The organizing of the hunt •
• Hunting License
• Guide interpreter and professional hunter
- National Drinks and wines

THE PRICES DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The flight to and from Romania
• Other personnel expenses tips

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information
www.unforgettablehunting.ro
email : office@unforgettablehunting.ro
unforgettablehunting@gmail.com

cell 0721 109 409
fax 0040 434 27 26
Horia SANDU

Born to hunt
www.unforgettablehunting.ro

Posts: 599 | Location: Romania, Europe | Registered: 29 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
We may have a deal. But only if my guide can estimate, within five seconds or less, to the nearest ten grams, the weight of my stag. If wrong I pay the lowest rate. Does that work for you? Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
We may have a deal. But only if my guide can estimate, within five seconds or less, to the nearest ten grams, the weight of my stag. If wrong I pay the lowest rate. Does that work for you? Big Grin

We can discuss only if you are interested . But 10 gram precision is a joke !

I can estimate more and pay less ....are you agree?:P

Posts: 599 | Location: Romania, Europe | Registered: 29 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:

2500 Euro for 500 grams is pretty spendy. I would hate to have the guide be off by more than 100 grams or so. If European outfits are going to embrace this sliding scale business model, they had better be prepared to have some damned skilled guides...or lose potential clients.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will edit the offer !

for more than 11.5 the price will be the same !
...and the ranger ca estimate the trophy by kg
tthat means
up to 7 / up to 8 / up to 9kg...
But if anybody is intrerested we can discuss the big prices.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir. May I ask what price the stag in the posted picture would cost, in terms of trophy fee? Regards.

Posts: 97 | Location: Houston, TX USA | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I hope they don't do this in Africa.

Imagine looking at a bunch of duggaboys, and the PH says:

"The one on the left is $4000, the third one is $6,000, and that one coming from the rear is a real whopper. It will cost you $12,000"

This is one reason you won't see me hunting in Europe.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD:
Sir. May I ask what price the stag in the posted picture would cost, in terms of trophy fee? Regards.

In this pictures is teh national record from 2011 but I do not know what is the prices....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

"The one on the left is $4000, the third one is $6,000, and that one coming from the rear is a real whopper. It will cost you $12,000"

In private hunting area this thinks are in change ...And tothe list price , ussually you get a discount ....this is how I try to manage
I want ot attract hunters not to have just one deal !
So...if anybody is interested I'm willing to discuss ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too find it difficult to determine total costs. I like the gold, silver, bronze and representative way of doing things or better yet have one trophy fee and try to get the best you can.

Posts: 168 | Location: Canada | Registered: 22 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. It's a good ideea 3 level of prices...bronze silver and gold...I will try to make it that way ...
I have this weekend to think about this ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trophy prices
Up to 7 kg 1500 euro
Between 7.0 kg - 8.0 kg 1950 - 2650 euro
8.0 kg - 9.0 kg 2650 - 3400 euro
9.0 kg - 10.0 kg 3400 - 4400 euro
10.0 kg - 11.0 kg 4400 - 6300 euro
from 11.5 kg up 8800 + 60 euro for every 10 grams
FOR 2 HUNTERS TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE A DISCOUNT !
Price includes all guide and , meals, lodging and field trophy care and skinning.

I will change the offer in the following way :
Up to 7 kg 1500 euro
Between 7.01 kg - 9.0 kg bronze trophy 2900 euro
Between 9.01 kg - 10.0 kg silver trophy 3400 euro
Between 10.01 kg - 11.0 kg gold trophy 4400 euro
Over 11.01 kg platinum trophy 6000 euro

In this conditions the offer become more attractive ?

One of Us
Picture of sth
posted Hide Post
These are good prices to be in Europe.
A deer at 9 kg to 2,900 euros is cheap ..............
Same size deer in Poland will cost about 6000 euro ........

Posts: 54 | Location: Vest coast of Norway | Registered: 22 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes....I know.
We want to promote this year our area....

There is only one place left at this price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If somebody is interested I can make a package offer with the trophy included ....
Anybody interested for this autumn ????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If there is 4-5 friend that want to combine a nice trip with a hunting I can provide SPECIAL CONDITIONS !!!

I can suport up to 7 hunters ...Smiler

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saeed:
I could not agree with you more and I won't hunt Europe for the same reason. If I hunt, I want to hunt, not be guided by the sliding scale or the cash register. Just give me an honest hunt. If I shoot a monster, great! If not, well, that's hunting. But I find taking a calculator on a hunt to be as disturbing as taking the holy tape measure to "make the book".
Cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK . I can do that . If somebody is interested I will offer a fix price for a trophy and a fis price for organize for a group of minimum 3 hunters .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentleman:

I believe credit should be given to this Outfitter. Instead of getting mad (like most would do), he is trying to make things better.

It sounds like a good guy to hunt with! I would love to consider this hunt if I wasn't already hunting elswhere....

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jason .... Maybe you will hunt with me next year .
Anyway I have good reference from american hunters that visit Romania and with me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I'll show my African ignorance. What the hell are you guys weighing? I started guessing what on a stag would weigh 7-11kg's but I wasn't gettign the answers that I figured made sense!

By the way, it's becoming very common on private property in SA to get different trophy rates based on horn length. And the prices start moving into "trophy territory" below Roland Ward standards for example.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is one reason you won't see me hunting in Europe!

As far as I am concerned, it makes a joke of hunting.

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AFRICAN LEADWOOD:
Ok, so I'll show my African ignorance. What the hell are you guys weighing? I started guessing what on a stag would weigh 7-11kg's but I wasn't gettign the answers that I figured made sense!

By the way, it's becoming very common on private property in SA to get different trophy rates based on horn length. And the prices start moving into "trophy territory" below Roland Ward standards for example.

In my territory the stag can reach up to 10-11 kg .
For the american hunter that are intrested in "a fix price for the hunting" I can make a offer with the trophy included ....I said this before.
The reason is that we want to promote our hunting area !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know that you have a BIG hunting experience but if you did not hunt in Europe that will allways be a missing part in your "hunting puzzle".

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, so I'll show my African ignorance. What the hell are you guys weighing?

Cleaned skull and horns.

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Unforgetable Hunting:
quote:

I know that you have a BIG hunting experience but if you did not hunt in Europe that will allways be a missing part in your "hunting puzzle".

First off, I am not putting the blame on you, rather on the whole silly system being followed in Europe.

And I have hunted in Europe - Belgium and Sweden, and enjoyed it as my hunts were with friends, and not on a sliding scale of trophy fee.

I really have no desire to hunt in Europe at all. I prefer to spend my money and time in the African bush.

One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
"Unforgettable Hunter" thanks for the great offer here and for your willingness to make some changes to your business practice. I think you will find there are many European hunters who are more than comfortable with a sliding scale trophy fee.

I lived and worked hunting in Germany for many years, always with the sliding scale for rot wilde (red stag). In our Bavarian state forests we were held to a tusk length trophy fee for boar and a sliding scale for reh backe (roe deer). Amazingly enough no European hunter ever complained. American hunters always had a basic mistrust for this system. I've never been able to figured that one out. Out of literally hundreds of guided red deer stags, I never saw a hunter pay the estimated full price on a green trophy. Actual weights always worked out in the hunter's favor.

One concept that American hunters aren't familiar with is the notion of state owned game. Most European countries do not relegate ownership of game to a land holder, it is state property. Hence the sliding scale. Who besides a government employee could come up with the sliding scale?

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
growing up in Czech republic Im familiar with the sliding scale, but living long time in US Im having hard time with sliding scales. I understand if it is behind the high fence, but in wilderness? How can I enjoy hunt, stalk a good animal and then walk away for reason of oops, don't have that kinda money for that one. Completely unacceptable.
Solution? Don't hunt under those conditions.
Definitely sad state of affairs.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boghossian:
quote:
Ok, so I'll show my African ignorance. What the hell are you guys weighing?

Cleaned skull and horns.

Thank you!

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
every system has pluses and minuses. ultimately it's all about how you are learned and what you want from the hunt .

Picture of uplander
posted Hide Post
I'm an American hunter who has hunted a bit in Africa and Europe. I understand the reluctance to commit to a hunt without knowing the full final cost. I only committed to my first trip to Romania when I got a package deal on a chamois hunt. Since then I have become more familiar with the European way of doing business, and I have become very comfortable with it.

Before booking a hunt the hunter and outfitter must discuss trophy expectations. You'll establish the class of animal desired or a price ceiling. The hunt will be arranged to accommodate you wishes, whether you want to hunt a modestly priced representative animal or an expensive world class trophy. The guides/forest rangers know well the animals in their area. They want you to be happy with your hunt, and will ensure you don't get in over your head.

Compare a red stag hunt in Romania to an American elk hunt. A hunt with a decent elk outfitter easily runs $7000 on up. The hunt costs the same whether you shoot a trophy bull, a raghorn, cow, or nothing at all. In the unfortunate event this hunt in Romania was unsuccessful, you'd only pay the 950 euros for accommodation and services.

Sure, it's different from what most of us are used to. That's kind of the point of traveling to hunt other countries, isn't it? Be adventurous and try it!

Posts: 53 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can not make "a picture" better than that !
Thank you.

One of Us
Picture of sth
posted Hide Post
I'm interested. But not until the autumn of 2014.
We are 5 hunters who are planning a trip to Poland, but maybe we should rather try Romania? I need some more info on what packages you can offer us.
We are interest in size 8-9 kg
Also need some more info regarding your stay, you can get pictures?

Posts: 54 | Location: Vest coast of Norway | Registered: 22 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i might be interested in a fixed price hunt in 2014 also, if they are available.

I already got hunting plans for this year.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 29 | Location: montana | Registered: 02 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sth:
We are 5 hunters who are planning a trip to Poland, but maybe we should rather try Romania? I need some more info on what packages you can offer us.

Are you still interested for this hunt in 2014 ?

posted Hide Post
I hunted with Unforgettable Hunting in May for Roe Deer and had a great experience. Horia and his crew did everything possible to make the hunt an enjoyable experience from airport pickup until airport return. We also had a couple of nice days touring Bucharest before the hunt.

The hunt itself was spot and stalk in the alpine meadows with very capable guides. I shot two with one of them a potential gold medal. I highly recommend hunting with these guys, it is a lot of bang for the buck.

Posts: 22 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 02 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
quote:

Some DO this with eleophant hunting today! I would hope that it doesn't creep into other species in Africa.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Unforgetable Hunting:
quote:
Originally posted by sth:

Are you still interested for this hunt in 2014 ?

Yes. But first I want to see what results you get from the hunt this year

One of Us
Picture of sth
posted Hide Post
Now is the season for stag over,can you give me the results for this season hunting???
It is important for possible bookings for next fall.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geez - talk about giving a fellow a difficult time!!! That is the tradition in Europe - right or wrong. Lets be a bit culturally sensitive here shall we?

Why dont you AR rocket surgeons look at it this way - The 'package cost' is the sum of the day rate plus the maximum trophy fee. If the stag you shoot is smaller - you get a DISCOUNT. How freakin' hard is that to understand? Roll Eyes

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote