Find
Notify
Tools

Summer Axis Deer.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
I have a few very good Axis Deer hunts available for this Summer. I would like to elaborate on one of these hunts below.....

A friend of mine has a small high fenced ranch near Gonzales, TX with a nice herd of quality Axis deer on it. I want to make everything clear up front. The property is only 170 acres, but 140 acres of it is very thick brush cover, and the Axis make it their home. Most animals would not even be the least bit challenging to shoot on 170 acres, but Axis Deer are one of the few animals that can be extremely challenging to hunt on small properties. They typically stay in thick cover until dark. We spent 3 hours driving around on the place and the only Axis we saw were 2 bucks that ran across the road 200 yards in front of us.

There are approximately 30-40 Axis on the property and he plans to take 5 or 6 bucks this year. This hunt is priced at $1,850 and includes lodging for 3 days/3 nights. Meals are not included. Bucks are good quality and should measure in the 30"-33" range.

I know it is a small property, but I insisted on visiting the property prior to advertising the hunts to make sure they were not tame. I promise the Axis are NOT tame in any way shape or form, and it will not simply be a "shoot". To get a shot at a good buck by stalking may very well take 2 or 3 days. Hunting from a stand in the evening would be the easiest method. The owner is a good friend, and is a very honest man. This type of hunt is what you make of it. He also has a few nice Fallow bucks that are available for $1,250 each.

Most of the other ranches I offer hunts on are several thousand acres.....and I have hunts for many species of exotic game, as well as great whitetails. All of my other Axis hunts are around $2,500.

If you are interested in any of my hunts, please feel free to call me, send me a PM, or an e-mail. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote