Notify
Tools

Gone Thanks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Angus Morrison
posted
Gone thanks!

Angus Morrison (owner) 1-250-321-4700 (Canada)
Wild Coast Outfitters
Box 121
Fort St John, British Columbia
V1J0K9
CANADA

Posts: 534 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 06 June 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Angus - I'm fully booked for 2016. Can this be done in 2017 (with the same prices, I mean)?

Thx!

Regards,
Bharal76

Posts: 136 | Location: Madrid - Spain | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Same here

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too am booked for 2016. What about 2017? Jerry Hoover It ain't the way it used to be, but it will do.

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a gamble for me on a couple counts, the exchange rate (which favours the U.S. heavily right now), and I'm not sure what these are going to cost me, I may not make money on them at this rate.

But I need pics and to test the financials for the future to figure out if spring black bear hunting makes sense for my operation.

This all said, if the deposit was enough to hedge my bets against the exchange rates, and especially 2x1s I could consider locking this in for next year. Certainly shoot me an email or message and we can work on it.

Cheers guys,

Angus

Posts: 534 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 06 June 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really want to run a few of these, and have a young guy lined up that cuts a grand off for you if you want a junior guide. There is NO better deal on a hunt like this anywhere, heck, the steelhead fishermen you'll see out there are paying $1200 a day. Lot of adventure for the money, hunts are in and out of Kitimat, BC (fly into Terrace, daily cheap connections from Vancouver).

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Angus,

Is it a one bear limit in this area? Any idea regarding size of the bears?

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's two bears per hunter limit, add a second bear no worries if you want to for $1900. You can carry the tag only with no harvest fee until you shoot, or decide not to and don't pay any extra except the tag ($150). This would give you the option to upgrade if you see a big bear late in the trip.

Bears are good sized being coastal, much better fed than most, but not exceptionally long, they are however heavy. Expect low 6's and if you get a 6 1/2 to 7 I'll be very happy and put you on my website. Bear weight will be higher than inland bears, again due to the feed. There are too many bears here too so if you take two I'd be pleased, they ate two inflatable boats in the territory last year and wreak havoc on camps.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd do the original post's offer for 2017/2018 gentlemen if interested, have a young guide rearing to go here and just added a second engine to the guide boat to zip you there. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Running in for grizzlies / brown bears shortly, let me know if you want a black bear camp set up.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
What dates?
Do you start April, May?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hunts can be scheduled between April 15th and June 30th 2016, contact me to set particular dates.

Evening boarkiller, hunts can be scheduled between April 15th and June 30th. If someone really needs fall dates or 2017 to make it work shoot me a message and I'll see what can be done.

Cheers!

Angus

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Great prices Angus!

Hey, what is the trophy fee on one of those spirit bears? Whistling Wink

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1811 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! They're definitely the cheapest a hunt like this will go for.

Don't get me started on "spirit bears"...

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Every bear I ever got turned " Spirit bear "

“ Hávamál”