Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska Peninsula Moose hunt cancellation
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted
I have had two recent cancellations for moose hunts this upcoming season ( Sept 10-20) and have reduced the price of the hunt for the entire season to $10,000

e-mail ( grizskins@att.net ) is the best method of reaching us

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil,
What is a reasonable expectation on a bull? Chance of success and horn size assuming a hunter and walk and shoot.

Posts: 10263 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MotorCity
posted Hide Post
Hi Dogcat,
I am sure Phil will answer for himself. But, I hunted with him a few years ago for moose. I think 60", is VERY reasonable expectation.
Now if Phil just had a Brown Bear hunt cancellation for me this year, I would be all set.

Posts: 239 | Location: Rochester, Michigan | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs
Here is your hunt better send the check today
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm interested...anyone want to join me?

Biebs

Posts: 20138 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I'm interested...anyone want to join me?

Biebs

Sure, if your paying.

Helluva deal for someone with Phils reputation.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 892 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure, if your paying.

Ahhhhhhh...NO!

Posts: 20138 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil, I'm in...PM sent.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
great buy excellent outfitter, excellent area. biebs - we will expect at least a 72" moose

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
72"??? Phil said that would be a Dink! :-)

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Biebs says he is in and looking for another to accompany him.

He wants something larger than the one my hunter took last year

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill 5248
posted Hide Post
Thanks, 458Win. I'll PM you and start gathering what I need to sign up for the opportunity. Bill 479-243-3151
huntrnet@ipa.net

That which is not impossible is compulsory

Posts: 161 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's go get 'em, Bill!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs
You are a DINK
So it has to be bigger than you to be good.
We will compare I should have mine down by the time you start maybe we will meet in Alaska and go fishing with Peter again.
Emailed Karl checking on our Jumbo hunt.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
458 Win
I sent you a PM
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well looks like Biebs is on his way to Alaska again.
Not sur who else is going with him
Sounds like a great hunt
BIG MOOSE
larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Time to give the Bansner 375 RUM a workout :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure what to make of Larry's latest post, but if Larry is not going to fill the 2nd spot, I would like to be the one. Phil, please let me know if I understood Larry's post correctly.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
aliveincc
I had a hunt scheudled some place else at the last minute the company sold out.
I have been in contact with Phil he has another guy that has spoken for this hunt but has not sent the deposit yet. I am next inline if the other guy dont pull the trigger by tuesday.
My check is on its way.
Oh Jon called he told my wife he was buying the second hunt also just to keep me from going. Now how is that for a hunting buddy.
If this dont work Tom Shankster here I come If you are interested in another good place PM me. He is one of the good guy's.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh Jon called he told my wife he was buying the second hunt also just to keep me from going. Now how is that for a hunting buddy.

I considered it one of my better investments! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs
I will make you airline reservations
Your final destination will be Barrow Alaska.
BYEEEEEEEEE
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well
Lost Out Phil emailed me he booked it and received the money from a Russian and a Aussie.
And Biebs
Off to Tom Shanksters. Another great guy
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lost Out Phil emailed me he booked it and received the money from a Russian and a Aussie.

Phil, looks like I owe you that "extra" $500 :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bieb
Lets just put the $500 on the line for the biggest moose this year. stir
Score not overall width!!! diggin
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have to book a hunt first! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunt booked
Tom Shankster
1 moose
1 brown bear
1 black bear
1 caribou
1 wolf
and 1 BIEBS
Larry