Find
Notify
Tools

Exceptional Caprivi buffalo hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted
We reserve a small part of our buffalo quota in Bwabwata National Park for our elephant hunt clients every year, but it so happens that this year most of the elephant hunters do not want to add a buffalo, which left us with a couple of buffalo left to sell.
These hunts normally sell at US$ 27 500 for a 10-day hunt, all inclusive, but will be available for a limited time at US$ 22 000 for an all-inclusive 7-day hunt, or for US$ 21 000 for a 2x2 hunt. The hunts will be guided by either myself, or Fred Bezuidenhout. A 50% deposit secures hunt, and the rest payable in transfer, cash or credit card at the end of the hunt. This price is comparable to a 7-day conservancy buffalo hunt, but on one of the very best areas inside a National park, so they should not last long.
Our hunting area, Bwabwata National Park East, holds exceptional buffalo, and may be one of the only places in Southern Africa open to hunting where you can be really picky about what kind of bull you want to shoot. In fact, we on average see more than 10 shootable bulls per day when hunting buffalo. We have seen dagga boy groups of as many as 27 in a herd, all post 10-year-old bulls!
Personally, I prefer to hunt the really old ones, even so, our average over the last 2 seasons have been in the low 40’s, but if a hunter wants to try for something spectacular, there are some real monster buffalo around. Realistically, we will be looking for a 42 inch- 12 year and older buffalo.

As can be gathered from above, a reasonable fit hunter can shoot a buffalo virtually every day, but we tend to look over 40 to 50 bulls before we take a shot, so it is a lot of actual buffalo hunting before you pull the trigger. I am so confident that a hunter will feel like a kid in a candy store, that if we cannot show you 40-50 mature buffalo bulls, I will give your day fees back! (That is, if you are a fit, able bodied hunter, not a blind or handicapped person!)
As the terrain consists mostly of woodland, it is a track and stalk hunt, or a spot and stalk hunt. It is totally different from most of the Caprivi hunts, in that we don’t hunt floodplains for buffalo, we hunt them in the 670 000 acres wooded area of the National Park. Our conservancy buffalo hunts are similar, but you have much less opportunities in the conservancies than in the park, one of the reasons the price is a bit higher.
These hunts can be done from March to end November, with June to November the best time due to visibility. Accommodation will be in our camp on the Kwando river, with lots of elephant, hippo and red lechwe sightings right around camp. The camp has limited Wi-Fi, and all the creature comforts to make it suitable for wives as well. (Some of them may even be the main hunters!)
Limited other game may also be available to add at trophy fees only. They include (while quota is available):
Hippo (one left) $ 5000
Spotted hyena (one left) $ 4000
Eland $ 2500
Kudu $ 1750
Zebra (other nearby area) $ 1500
Impala $ 700
Warthog $ 400
Steenbok/ duiker $ 250
To add an observer for the full 7 hunting days and 2 travel days, add US$ 1575.
To add a cameraman to film your hunt, add US$ 2500 for the full period, including editing.

Pick up and drop off point is either Katima Mulilo (Mpacha airport has 4 flights a week coming in from Windhoek), or Kasane (Botswana, which is serviced daily from Johannesburg). If a hunter comes via Kasane, we will need his gun paperwork no later than 7 days before he/ she arrives. If a hunter wants to borrow one of our guns, we will have the following available:
.375 H&H CZ550 with synthetic stock and 1.5-6x 43 Schmidt und Bender on.
.416 Rem mag Mod 70 Winchester with 1-4x24 Swarovski
.404 Jeff (Mauser M98) open sights
.450 Rigby (M98 Magnum) with open sights
.500 NE Verney Carron with a Doctor Optic red dot or open sights
(All available free of charge provided that if you break it you buy it…)
If I left out any details, or if you would like to discuss anything more about this option, please contact myself (Karl Stumpfe) on karl@huntingsafaris.net or Colleen on admin@huntingsafaris.net .

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
A few examples of buffalo hunted with us in this area:

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Photos of the camp:

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Splendid.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are some major-league bosses!

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
One of the coolest areas to hunt on the planet. I saw a for real 50+ inch buff on the Kwando in 2012, unfortunately he was on the Botswana side of the river, looking at us like he hadn't a care in the world. He was way too smart to cross that river though.

I had to settle for this one further down the river the following year in Salambala.

There is some seriously nice trophies all along the Caprivi, if you get the chance, find a way to go.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 350 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Thanks Biebs... (btw your hippo shot still makes it to my video every year...!)

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Arnold says..."I'll be back" :-)

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote