New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discounted Kodiak Brown Bear Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As agent for Joe Polanco, a licensed guide on Kodiak, I want to let AR members know of a great deal on a Kodiak Brown Bear hunt.

One only 12-day 1x1 Brown Bear hunt starting 10/26/11 for $7,000.00. You'll stay on Joe's 60' motor sailor and scout creeks and rivers in his Zodiac.

Call Joe Polanco 907-350-4214 PO Box 2709 Kodiak, AK 99615, or me 810-953-0732 8200 Embury Road Grand Blanc, Mi 48439.

Dave Manson

Posts: 687 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I don't believe I have ever seen a Kodiak hunt this cheap....

Sounds like a hell of a deal!!

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear DManson

Dose he have an email address?

Thanks mark

Posts: 376 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am off to Kyrgyzstan on the 25th or I would be all over this hunt!!!! Super Super deal!

Hawkeye

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeeez, I paid more than that in 1981, what a deal.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
which area is the hunt in?

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hunt is in the "road system" on Kodiak. Boat will be anchored in the next bay south of Kodiak harbor and you'll hunt creeks and streams with Joe's Zodiac.

Dave Manson

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
what else is needed for this hunt? air charter? what is a reasonable trophy size expectation?
and is bowhunting an option?

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No air charter is req'd--you fly into Kodiak and Joe picks you up at the airport.

BIG bears are not common--neither are basketball players like Michael Jordan. It seems to me that 8'-9' would be a possibility. In the end, however, it's what you want, what you'll settle for and how ready you are when presented with a shot.

As for bowhunting--and any other questions--call Joe and ask him.

Dave Manson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are the booking agent right, should you not be able to cheerfully answer the basic questions? This might be discounted, but it is still a lot of money for somebody.

Posts: 27 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
This deal.....AWESOME ! I am facing down some brand new Namibia taxidermy and shipping bills or I would be all over this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Noreaster: I am NOT the booking agent. I make nothing off this hunt and have no interest in it other than listing it for a guide who has no access to the internet. I've used Joe several times in the past, consider him a friend, and believe he gives extremely good value for the cost of his regular hunts--you could say I'm his "internet listing agent".

Because I'm not his booking agent, I'm not able to answer many of the questions someone in that potition would be asked. This is why I keep emphasizing that anyone interested should contact Joe directly. I would have bought this hunt myself, but can't take another brownie off Kodiak until 2012.

Dave Manson

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Draw????

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1429 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a draw. IIRC, the "road system" is over the counter, but non-residents are still limited to one bear every four years.

Dave Manson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DManson:
As agent for Joe Polanco,

Maybe were the confusion came in.

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Dave, PM sent.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Dave, just got off the phone with Joe. Sounds like a great guy and great hunt. I had checked flights and was ready to go. Big problem for me is that Joe won't know if the hunt is on or off till Oct. 23.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote