THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    SIGNIFICANT DISCOUNT ON BOAT BASED BROWN BEAR HUNT MAY '14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGNIFICANT DISCOUNT ON BOAT BASED BROWN BEAR HUNT MAY '14
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

I just heard from Glacier Mountain Outfitters this AM. They have one slot left 14-26 May '14. This is a boat based hunt (54' yacht) so it has hot showers, real beds and nice food. http://www.grizzinator.com/yacht-ruffinit.HTML The hunt is conducted by cruising the beaches in outboard powered boats looking for big boars and once you've located one you beach the boat down wind and make a stalk. This is very exciting but not a butt buster at all. These guys have an exclusive Chugach Forest guide area and are only hunting 4-5 bears a year there so they can be very choosy on what they shoot. They are averaging 9 feet plus which is excellent and very good for anywhere in AK.

The pick up point is Valdez, AK where you would overnight for an early AM departure from the docks there. The hunt is 13 days and includes the day out and the day back but actually you will be hunting almost from the time you leave the dock until you return. Valdez is serviced by multiple flights each day from Anchorage so you'll have no problem getting there.

These folks are the cream of the new generation of Alaska guides and they just do everything right. They also produce some great trophies. Their biggest bear this last May was over 10' and had a 29 and 11/16" skull putting it # 34 in the all time B&C records.

Below links shows the bears they have taken
http://www.grizzinator.com/brown-bear.html

Pricing:

1x1 13 days 1x1 $20,000 Catalogue price $28,000
License $300
Bear tag $650

Extras:

Hotels before or after the hunt
Airfare to and from Valdez
Trophy shipping
Gratuity at client's discretion
Any insurance

Questions?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12877 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
I took a nice black bear with these people off that comfortable yacht a few years ago. The scenery was spectacular and every day was different than the previous one.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

I'm bumping this to the top again because it is a great hunt at a good price and probably the most comfortable way to kill a brown bear I know of.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12877 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
What is the observer charge if my wife wanted to come and stay on the boat while I hunted? We've been talking about an Alaska cruise...you see where I'm going with this with her!

Also, is this outfitter open to archery hunters?

Thank you
AB

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

"Men don't change. The only thing that should surprise a man in his life is the history he doesn't know." Harry Truman

Posts: 451 | Location: West Coast of Florida | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alex,

Sorry but there is no room for an observer on this hunt. I'm afraid they aren't interested in taking archers either.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick reply.
AB

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

"Men don't change. The only thing that should surprise a man in his life is the history he doesn't know." Harry Truman

Posts: 451 | Location: West Coast of Florida | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote