New
Find
Notify
Tools

buffalo special
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have two buffalo specials in the Nyakasanga safari area in the Zambezi Valley of Zimbabwe.

DATES

7 or 10 days in between the periods of:

5 June to 18 June OR
21 June to 4 July

I am in the USA at the moment until Monday 16th May,my cell number here should anyone wish to discuss is 469 230 5564

Package includes:
: All daily rates
: All Government levy’s
: Fishing on the Zambezi river
: Transfer from Harare to Nyakasanga safari area,and back to Harare after the hunt by vehicle ( 5 hour drive )
: Dipping and packing of trophies
: Trophy fee’s for
1 buffalo
1 Impala
1 Hyena
1 Duiker
2 Baboon’s

All of this for only $12000
There are no other costs at all,this is all inclusive.

Also I have one hippo available that you can also take on this hunt for an additional $4000

Should anyone wish any extra plains-game above what the package offers then I suggest 2 or 3 days before or after the above mentioned dates in my plains-game area. For these additional days the cost would be $500 per day plus trophy fee’s. Animals available here are:
Kudu , Reedbuck , Steenbuck , Wildebeest , Zebra , Eland , Waterbuck , Tsessebe , Warthog , Bushpig , Impala , Small cats

Many thanks,
Peter Barnard
petebarnard@zol.co.zw

Bvekenya Safaris
P.O.BOX 805
HARARE
ZIMBABWE
PHONE+ 263 4 335540
www.africanhunting.biz

Pete Barnard Safaris
www.africanhunting.biz

Posts: 141 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Pete is a great guy and this is a great deal for someone looking for a buffalo! Plus no charters!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I will second what Russell said. I think anyone hunting with Pete will have a great time, not just on the hunt but around the campfire. I had dinner last year in Jo'burg with a family on their way to hunt with Pete for a second time. They had a great time on their first hunt and were really looking forward to the hunt.

Mike

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of john e
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed! Peter Barnard is the real deal!!!

I've hunted with Peter several times and have taken tuskless elephant, buffalo, sable, eland, kudu and was a 1/2 second too slow on a Doma Safari Area male lion!!!

Peter comes from a family legacy of Professional Hunters through the Bvekenya nick name, thus his company's name "Bvekenya Safaris". FYI... He and Buzz Charlton grew up together in Harare and it's a hoot to listen to them speak of their younger Zim days in camp, and they still work together each year during the hunting season. I'm also certain he has a blood/family tie to Ivan Carter.

I recommend Peter 100% and would be glad to share the photos & details of my safaris. Just drop me a PM.

"How do we inspire ourselves to greatness when nothing less will do" -- Invictus

Posts: 440 | Location: south texas | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
He and Buzz Charlton grew up together in Harare

Which is the suave, debonair one again?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7531 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
And if you take the early dates you get to enjoy the company of Miss Sherrie and myself............ Does that help or hurt, Peter?

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Anyone jump on this?

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Russell, here is your chance to hunt again in 2011 to tune up for Moz!

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I took the later hunt and will be leaving June 18. This will be my first trip to Africa, so I am really looking forward to it.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Russell, here is your chance to hunt again in 2011 to tune up for Moz!

Mike,
My wife and my pocketbook would both disagree!

quote:
I took the later hunt and will be leaving June 18. This will be my first trip to Africa, so I am really looking forward to it.

Dale,
Good for you. I am sure you will have a great hunt with Pete. We expect a full report when you get back!

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale:

That's going to be a great first trip to Africa. Enjoy.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale:

Great PH and destination for a first trip. tu2
If you can bump an extra two days you could visit the great Manna Pools National Park right next door.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
So, if Peter has sold a hunt off AR, we can be expecting more posts from him soon, hmmm?

'Never hunted with him, but he's an absolute "hoot" in camp; one of the royalty of PHs in Zim. Class with a sense of humor.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am back from the hunt with Peter in Zimbabwe. I could not have gotten a better introduction to Africa. I got a great buffalo, 3 nice impala, a big hyena, and a baboon. We saw lots of other wildlife every day so I also took lots of pictures. Another hunter, Dwight, was in camp. I got to see him take a hippo and crocodile. He also got a great tom leopard and a bunch of plains game.

Peter runs a great camp and is fun to be with. Blake Muil, who was my PH, did a great job. I would highly recommend hunting with either of them.

I will post some pictures when I get caught up with work around the house.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would be nice see some photos and hear your safari story.....

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Dale... a full hunt report in that section including pictures would be great!

- Rudyard Kipling

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Did you hunt to the north or south of the blacktop?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19315 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dale,

Look forward to details/pix on what sounds like a very good hunt.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1319 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I hope Pete got his flatulation problem under control before your hunt. Fair wind . . . I should say not.

Mike