Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montería Wild boar in Spain
 Login/Join

posted
The traditional montería is the oldest technique of big hunt in Spain. Is practiced since the Middle Ages. It consists to beat a smear of mountain with dogs. The dogs will move the hunt who will head towards hunter´s positions, located around the smear of mountain.

Montería program

Exclusive montería (big hunt) of wild boar 2 hunting´s day
8-10 hunters (8-10 hunting´s places)
5 wild boars per day (100% guaranteed). Total 10 wild boars in 2 days of hunting
Forecasts: 20-25% of wild boars with long tusks
Extension of the hunting area: 400 ha
Date: November 2014

INCLUDE
10 wild boars
2 hunting´s days. 3 nights hotel
Accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks between meals with and drinks
Including alcoholic beverages in moderation
Hunting license
Reception at Madrid airport, transfer to the hunting´s area and back to the airport.

Price program: 5500 € per hunter

Expand the hunting´s program with stalking hunting´s day, is possible. Will need to transfer to another hunting area.

-Gredos Spanish Ibex: €5500 (no limit point)
-Mouflon sheep: €1500 (no limit point)
-Red deer: €2500 (no limit point)
-Fallow deer: €2500 (no limit point)
-Duck, partridge, pheasant, trush: consult
-Daily rate (2x1): €200
-Daily rate (1x1): €250
(Daily rate include: PH of Trophy Hunting® during the hunt, all transportation during the hunting region, first preparation of the trophies, hunting license)
-High quality accommodation (full board): €200

TROPHY HUNTING
www.trophyhunting.es
info@trophyhunting.es

Posts: 16 | Location: Spain | Registered: 02 April 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I am misunderstanding your offer, but it sounds like you are guaranteeing 10 wild boars in 2 days on 400 hectareas (1000 acres)? Is that correct?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Send out #7

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Perhaps I am misunderstanding your offer, but it sounds like you are guaranteeing 10 wild boars in 2 days on 400 hectareas (1000 acres)? Is that correct?

Yes, that's right. The density of wild boar hunting farm is high. There are only 8 to 10 hunters. Each hunter will be many boars for the post. The actual area is greater than 400 ha, as the slope of the hunting area has a very steep slope. The hunting area has plenty of natural food, plants and acorns, allowing a high density of feral pigs. The boar is 100% native, called "Arocho".

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
Send out #7

Sorry, do not know if I understand. You mean budget for 7 hunters?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do you "Guarantee" the kills?

Just chain them to a tree after pen raising them?

Do you book through Blair Worldwide?

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
How do you "Guarantee" the kills?

Just chain them to a tree after pen raising them?

Do you book through Blair Worldwide?

We can guarantee the deaths because the hunter will have many choices of gunfire. The hunt is in the morning. In the afternoon, those hunters who could not complete his quota may hunt stalking and waiting. It is difficult for every hunter within 20 nasty for the post at least. Nasty density is very good but not hunting farm. They are animals born on the farm, hunting estate. Fenced wild boar farms in Spain are typically 100 ha. In this case boars fenced farm is 400 ha. Also you can shoot deer (very few). Good game management makes it possible to offer these guarantees.

Are contracted directly with the organization: TROPHY HUNTING

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is not hunting Confused

Posts: 68 | Location: Holland(Netherlands) | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dutchtrapper:
This is not hunting Confused

This is much more than wild boar hunts in Hungary or Bulgaria. We are able to ensure that we have an excellent boar population. Now that's hunting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think when the word "driven" is used it no longer becomes a hunt - it's basically the same as shooting any bird - pheasant, ducks etc - which are released before a line of shooter's.
This also would apply to driven boar, or driven moose and anything "hunted" in a blind while waiting.

Anything "driven" almost be definition isn't hunting - no matter how large the area or if it's fenced or not. The only hunting involved is the hunting you do to find someone who knows what he's doing to provide the quarry in front of the shooter's.

Spain has a long tradition of hunting and while it may not be for everyone, especially at 5,500 euros for 2 boar's is something for an individual on their own --- and I'd like to apologize for my earlier post.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
... The only hunting involved is the hunting you do to find someone who knows what he's doing to provide the quarry in front of the shooter's...

Doesn't that apply to just about ALL guided hunts? Whether it is hounds, baiting, tracking DG in Africa with a PH etc., etc.?

In just about all of those cases someone that knows what he is doing is getting you to the game for you to shoot it.

While one might be able do "pure" hunting on one's own in the States (deer, Elk, bear etc.) I doubt one will be able to go elsewhere in the world to do it on one's own.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think when the word "driven" is used it no longer becomes a hunt - it's basically the same as shooting any bird - pheasant, ducks etc - which are released before a line of shooter's.
This also would apply to driven boar, or driven moose and anything "hunted" in a blind while waiting.

Anything "driven" almost be definition isn't hunting - no matter how large the area or if it's fenced or not. The only hunting involved is the hunting you do to find someone who knows what he's doing to provide the quarry in front of the shooter's.

Spain has a long tradition of hunting and while it may not be for everyone, especially at 5,500 euros for 2 boar's is something for an individual on their own --- and I'd like to apologize for my earlier post.

The game is driven by dogs, is a technique of traditional hunting in Spain. This technique has been in use since medieval times. It is a way to get out of the mountain to the boars. Hunters are in place accompanied by an advisor. It is a unique method in the world, I'm surprised the comment. Of course, it is not stalking, it's another hunting technique.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The advisor is the one that holds the chain while you shoot the animal I bet. Lol

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of megsdad
posted Hide Post
Give the guy a break. If it is traditional hunting who are you to pass judgement.

Posts: 104 | Location: so oregon | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
The advisor is the one that holds the chain while you shoot the animal I bet. Lol

The advisor is one who says if the boar is big or small and feral notes that pass through the post. Some hunters are very bad shooting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by megsdad:
Give the guy a break. If it is traditional hunting who are you to pass judgement.

Thank you very much! tu2