Find
Notify
Tools

Maral Hunt - Kazakhstan 2012
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks,

My report and video of the hunt can be seen in the Asian forums. Several of you have sent me PMs asking about the hunt. Here are the details:

10,000 Euros (US$13,883 at todays rate) - 10 day hunt on horseback which includes one Maral stag any size. Unlike many other operators Renaud does not believe in charging by size. I whole heartedly agree with him as well. I always feel it is a hunter's luck and skill why should he/she be penalised for it!

Pick up and drop off from Oskemen. One night stay on return in a hotel not included - budget around $100.

Boarding and Lodging included. Lodging on the hunt is light tents so its a camping experience and style of hunt. You basically ride from place to place pitching tent as you travel until you find the bull you decide to shoot. Its vast vast wilderness so no restrictions or limitations on where you can hunt. Other than your party you will not see another human being.

A view of the wilderness and it just goes on and on and on:

On this hunt you can also shoot wolf, brown bear (grizzly type) and siberian roe deer. These are animals of chance and are not targeted species. There are some areas that are known to hold more bears so you can choose to hunt there if you are keen on a bear. But this is primarily a hunt for Maral.

The trophy fees on those are:

Brown bear (grizzly type): 3500 euros
Siberian roe deer: 1200 euros
Wolf: 1000 euros

If you want to hunt Mid Asian Ibex, that takes place in a different part of the country and you can hunt Ibex and then fly by commerical airline to Oskemen for the Maral. That is a 5 day hunt and costs 5,000 euros includes one Ibex and all food and accomodation. 2nd Ibex trophy fee 2000 euros.

Here is the stag I shot last month:

Some other trophies from this season:

As per SCI classification these are Altai Wapiti and are the largest species of Red deer. At one point there used to be good hunting for Maral in Mongolia but they have wiped them out. For those hunters to whom this matters our trophies are expected to score within the top 10 in SCI.

There are a limited number of permits available as Renaud is very particular about the number of stags they shoot each year. The hunt will be scheduled for September/October during the peak rut period.

For more information, contact:

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: 845 259 3628
email: arjun@huntersnetworks.com

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote