THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Namibia Trophy & O/U Elephant hunt Options for 2017!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Trophy & O/U Elephant hunt Options for 2017!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Trophy & O/U Elephant hunts in Namibia - Brand New Opportunity!

Drikus Swanepoel

Global Hunting Resources - globalhunts@aol.com

Folks, I know some of you guys have a lot of experience in Africa shooting jumbos - I KNOW that. But please listen, I literally just got this opportunity in the past 36 hours, and I am asking you, if you guys who might be interested? Please remember this too - I am just a sorry ass agent / guide, but I have literally done 36 DG safaris across Africa - I know the place like few others. When you have no wife / kids, its easy to do! Smiler

Frankly, I have one client considering buying it ALL - but considering is the key word. The truth is, unlike a lot of agents I don't have a ton of clients, I just happen to have 50 or so that spend a TON of money each year with me - cause they know I always produce. But....at this late in the game - a lot of them are already booked on hunts - so I am searching for potential buyers. Bottom line - if I tell you something, you can know I am speaking from EXPERIENCE!!

The hunt info is below!!!

So, yesterday a friend of mine in Namibia - Drikus Swanepoel, sends me an excited Whatsapp message regarding the fact that he finally secured the hunting rights to hunt Kavango North in Namibia. I'm very familiar with Kavango North, and I was also quite excited to hear what he had to say. So we talked for about 45 minutes on the phone, and the news was very interesting to say the least.

Kavango North, lies on the northern border of the Khaudum Game Reserve, and borders Botswana on the south/east border! Its a 2 million acre concession, but the truth is roughly 200,000 acres of it borders the game reserve and Botswana, and is VOID of all people, and this is the place where the BIG elephants are!

For 2017 Drikus gets 2 trophy elephant bulls (3 in 2018 and beyond) and 2 - 3 bulls, that Namibia classifies as "Own/Use" bulls otherwise known as management bulls. These are in fact big / mature bulls, but have 1 tusk, broken tusks, etc. Own Use bulls are NOT exportable. "Trophy Bulls" are exportable, and fully importable into the USA.

Kavango North will average 60lb tuskers boys, I assure you - but with the REAL / HONEST chance that one could shoot a true giant! The last 100 pounder killed in Namibia was shot by Kai Wen Denker on the border of Kavango North. He also shot a few 80lb - 90lb bulls here too!!!!

So, here's the deal. The elephant hunting in this area is BEST from August - November, but truly the best is from roughly Oct. 5 - Nov. 15. As the elephants eat themselves out of house / home in the reserve and Bots, thus they move more and more into this area late in the dry season, until the rains come in late November and replenish the other areas. The area has 4 great pumping water holes, and at this time of year its HOT - so rarely will the bulls walk more than 3 - 5 miles from water before they stop for the day. They come here in droves for the good food, as they have no choice!!! This is the time to be here!!!!!

Here's how it normally goes on these types of hunts.

1. As you guys know - trophy elephant hunts in the few BEST areas in Namibia are now going for $75k - $80k each.

I can sell these trophy bull elephant hunts in Kavango North in 2017 for $50k each. In 2018 Drikus is going to charge $78k all in.

2. I can charge $15k for the Own / Use bulls on 2017, in 2018 they will be $18k each.

3. Bottom line, right now I have the rights to ALL of these elephants for 2017. NEVER are you going to get a better elephant trophy hunt, for a better price, EVER!!!! If a true trophy elephant is what you want, I suggest you consider clearing your schedule - whatever it takes, and do this hunt at this opportunity / price. It will be worth it.

Right now you can buy any / all of these bulls, and have the elephant hunt of a lifetime. You can buy up to 2 trophy bulls, and 2 Own / Use Bulls for the prices above. You can spend 2 - 3 weeks hunting 1 to 4 elephant bulls! Guys, I am telling you - this hunt will be incredible, and the price will NOT be offered again, I guarantee that. It won't be tough to sell these hunts in 2018 and beyond, with a full year to sell them - even at $80k.

4. One would fly to Windhoek, take a commercial flight to Rundu (roughly $350) and have a 90 minute drive to camp.

I don't try to be a pushy salesman very often, but this is one time where I am telling you - make this happen, you won't regret it guys.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a helluva deal on the Own Use for sure. 15k for a great hunt like this? You're right....
Wish I was in a position to go....

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
How long are these hunts?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
How long are these hunts?

Sir, my apologies. The trophy elephant hunts are 15 days - the O/U hunts are 8 days.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In full disclosure what percent commission or booking fee will you make if you sell or book these hunts?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's that any of your business?

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's the business of any informed consumer of any product that is advertised for sale!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stan Montoya:
It's the business of any informed consumer of any product that is advertised for sale!

You're delusional or dishonest....most poeple that sell you something make a commission are you tellin me you demand to know what the salesman is making who is selling you a TV?

I think you have an axe to grind with booking agents and your purpose here is to be an asshole...

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In full disclosure what percent commission or booking fee will you make if you sell or book these hunts?

I'm astonished to hear that you think you are entitled to this information. I would love to know something about the background of a person who can lay claim to this level of gall.

Perhaps you could post up a brief autobiographical summary, as well as a copy of your last year's tax return...you know, in the interest of full disclosure...

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What in the world does someone's tax return have to do with them being an informed consumer of a product they may want to purchase?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heym450/400 - no reason for me to be an asshole. You do a pretty job of that on AR on a consistent basis.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boy this thread is funny.
I am sure when he buys stuff at his local Walmart they tell him the profit and overhead.
Probably his local car dealer also.
The one thing you can be sure of the booking agent is not getting the whole wad.
So it really don't make a bit of difference.
He would not buy on even if the booking agent and the outfitter cut the price 50%.
Unbelievable

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heym450/400 - no reason for me to be an asshole. You do a pretty job of that on AR on a consistent basis.

Wouldn't want you infringing on my territory... Wink

You have a good day...most people here know I'm just clowning around. You on the other hand want to start off AR with those kind of posts then by all means...carry on!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Damn, the asshole has been a member here for 1 day and is already making plenty of enemies. Sounds like someone from Montreal who "contributes" here.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's none of your business what Aaron makes.

If you are interested in the hunt PM the man.

If not......

Move on

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any informed consumer of any product or service should know any cost related to the business transaction.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Bullshit. It is none of your business what anyone makes on any business deal/offer. If you don't want the offer, STFU and move on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to learn how to play nice and follow the rules of AR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An "informed consumer" knows what he wants, researches the product or service to determine if it suits his needs, and has a good idea of what price the product commands on the market at the time of his purchase. In my younger days I earned a good living in sales, and I can safely state that this type of informed consumer is a pleasure to deal with and is someone for whom a salesman will go the extra mile.

We also had a name for the type of customer who thinks that the quickest route to a great deal was to rudely ask "How much profit are you making on this?"...and the term we used was not "informed".

If you think that asking this question makes you an "informed consumer", then you also probably believe that watching Best Of The West on TV makes you a skilled long-range shooter.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
And some people are just assholes. BTW, there are no rules that require booking agents to posts their commission rate.

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Haven't hunted with Drikus, but I have with his Uncle Francois. If they're anything alike, whoever goes on this should be in for a great time.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone needs to learn how to play nice and follow the rules of AR.

Here, I'll play nice and say it in a more civilized manner...

Stan Montoya, go thee forth, and procreate thyself.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stan - That simply has to be the silliest suggestion I've ever heard, that as a hunt "buyer" (which obviously you are NOT) you are somehow entitled to know what I make on a given product / service I am selling. You're simply here to stir, nothing more. Some people have bumped their head one too many times, including you!

So gentlemen, let me be clear on this onejust to satisfy Stan's "curiosity." Drikus is a fine man, with the opportunity now in a wonderful new area for big jumbos. He's paid a fair market value for that opportunity, and because of the timing (late in the booking season) he's offering these hunts at a very good price in 2017. Knowing this, and trying to help - I agreed to a greatly reduced commission compared to the normal (10% - 15%) to help him get this hunts sold if possible.

I agreed to a 4% commission on the listed price of the two trophy bulls - as I know the outfitter is charging barely enough to cover his costs in 2017. I agreed to do so because I wanted to help him, I wanted the consumer to have a good shot at a reasonably priced trophy elephant hunt - and I know that its important for all of us to help make this happen for the success of the operation moving forward, and my ability to sell the hunts in the future as well.

Now Stan, the fact is - none of this is really a damn bit of your business. As you can see by seasoned users of AR. Most folks try to be respectful, ask legit questions pertaining to the hunts, and know that agents - no different than outfitters offering hunts here too, are doing so in an attempt to make a living. Whether a hunt buyer uses our services or not - the hunt price is the same. The commission we make when selling the hunts is of no consequence - and most certainly none of your business. Like most sales positions, we only get paid if we make a sale. And I don't recall asking the guy who sold me my new truck 4 months ago, what commission he made on the deal? Frankly, that's just plain rude - and I expect he would have told me to "pound sand", had I actually done so.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you've ever bought or sold a house did you know what the real estate commission was? And surely when you bought your new truck you researched what the retail price was, dealer invoice price, and actual dealer base cost. What about the dealer holdback? As an informed consumer did you inquire about that?
Truth is, as one long time booking agent has opined on another web site, the booking agent has a fiduciary relationship with the outfitter or operator - not the client.
Sadly your arrogant comments lump you in with the likes of Jeff Blair. Maybe you can explain in detail why Deron Millman, owner of Safari Outfitters, dumped you as a business partner. You have no idea over the years how many hunters I've run across who have nothing but negative things to say about their dealings with you or your company!

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you've ever bought or sold a house did you know what the real estate commission was? And surely when you bought your new truck you researched what the retail price was, dealer invoice price, and actual dealer base cost. What about the dealer holdback? As an informed consumer did you inquire about that?
Truth is, as one long time booking agent has opined on another web site, the booking agent has a fiduciary relationship with the outfitter or operator - not the client.
Sadly your arrogant comments lump you in with the likes of Jeff Blair. Maybe you can explain in detail why Deron Millman, owner of Safari Outfitters, dumped you as a business partner. You have no idea over the years how many hunters I've run across who have nothing but negative things to say about their dealings with you or your company!

Ah, now we see Stan Montoya's real motivation. He needs to grind his axe. Stan, I respectfully suggest that you deactivate your account here and spend all your time on 'another website'. Failing that, go forth and procreate thyself.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Try saying that to Donald Trump! Big Grin

You are totally out of line here. Your car dealer will not answer that question. Nor will your grocer, petrol station, house builder or doctor.

quote:
Any informed consumer of any product or service should know any cost related to the business transaction.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
quote:

Ah, now we see Stan Montoya's real motivation. He needs to grind his axe. Stan, I respectfully suggest that you deactivate your account here and spend all your time on 'another website'. Failing that, go forth and procreate thyself.

Ok "Stan", by all means - slander away with your "FALSE" info, can't wait to hear it? Maybe you can explain it? I doubt Saeed will have much trouble giving me your "real" IP address, he's pretty good about that when folks are slandering others erroneously.

Fact is Stuart (aka, Stan Montoya) I've been here on AR for years, and in this biz for 26 years now. I'm fairly certain if I had wronged as many people as you claim - I would have been long ago.

Trust is, we both know who you are - a little fella, who's always suffered from "little man" syndrome, and has burned more bridges amongst outfitters / guides / agents and hunters than any single person I have ever seen. So please, slander away - then I'll have my turn!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Jeff Blair has been in business for 32 years!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who is Stuart?

Seems poor Aaron's heart attack has negativley affected his cognitive functioning. Let's hope Sabrina Corgatelli isn't negatively affected as well.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is Stuart?

Seems poor Aaron's heart attack has negativley affected his cognitive functioning. Let's hope Sabrina Corgatelli isn't negatively affected as well.

Stan/Stuart/Whoever,

You were playing it pretty smart initially . . . but you got too cute, got out a little over your skis, lost control and went into a tree. Good news is that it is now abundantly clear that you have an ax to grind. You outsmarted yourself.

Mike

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What the HELL does any of these comments have to do with the hunt offer???
Moderator Start a new topic "Bitch About Someone"
These comments take away from the topic.
Delete Delete Delete get rid of them.
There are some outfitters that won't post deals here because of assholes making stupid comments. Grudge thread.
Keep it to what the topic was set up for advertising hunts. It gets real old this dirt throwing.
Simple to solve.

One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
It is interesting that Stan joined just 2 days after this hunt was offered. Some lines are not to be crossed and I think Stan just did cross one

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 235 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is Stuart?

Honestly Stu Mauney, aka Stan Montoya - I hope you get a chance someday to say this to my face. Especially when you bring my girlfriend into this! My guess is it might go a bit differently than you planned!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
This Stu Mauney?
https://asianmountainoutfitter...timonial/stu-mauney/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron...
Good news here is this A Hole only makes you look better. Everyone here knows you are honest and reputable. You have always been very professional and a true class act (or like you said...in sales your career would be over)
Gladly this POS got flushed out quickly.
This hunt is a great value for someone and you went ABOVE and BEYOND (when you didn't have to) to be transparent as well

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just another ax grinding douchebag HIDING behind his computer screen.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hopefully this douche nozzle will pull an Echoanne 12 ( remember her??) and quickly fade into the sunset. Sometimes I love it when a shitty plan DOESN'T come together.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Stan/Sue, whoever it is, is a real dick...

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Aaron can hold his own, I'm quite sure. However, this prick definitely crossed the line bringing up the girlfriend.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote